SAU Community

Newbie from Tassie

Nikkirosee

Recently a new owner of my beloved skyline! Here are the details,  I'm pretty stocked and can't wait to start my dream project. I know a little but not a lot hence why I've joined this to gain more knowledge!  

I have a 1995 R33 RB25DET series 2 (ecr33 gts25t) type m.

f**k all ks on the clock

Manual, fully stock standard,  2 door coupe and I found one with a sunroof! (I thought it was a cool plus,  don't see many of those as they were an option). She runs awesome but needs some work and I just wanted to know some of the following:

Best oil to use in the gear box

Where to find decent rims and tires

(I wanna know where to get chuck ons too,  for naughty purposes)  

What plugs and leads should I use

Thoughts on the Exidy clutches, and what one would you recommend?

Coil overs - what's your fave?? I'm thinking Tein

Also,  it's the stock silver color but I'm getting it repainted,   thinking gun metal grey or a similar purple to the midnight purple, or keep it stock colour  opinions? 

Currently running 6psi and I want to to run 10psi of that helps also with the questions. 

Chat away - correct my stuff ups,  let's talk projects! (I've attached a photo) let me know what you think,  I'm pretty sure it has a series 1 front end but comments on what I can do with the body would be sick too

Help a chick out,  bless. 

IMG_20180907_155327.jpg

Edited by Nikkirosee
Tags wernt satisfying

Im pretty sure your 33 is a series 1.5 series 1 body and series 2 running gear that shape body looks good no need to fit lumpy llooking add on panels and yes definately tein coilovers fmic and open the front bumper like i have on my car. Clutch is up to you as there are so many good ones available. You dont need leads as they are part of the coils that sit right on top of you spark plugs if you do buy coilpacks dont buy thoses cheap ebay ones. Colour up to your own taste i went for Lambo orange myself. Oil for you car should be synthetic oils for engine and transmission. Playing with extra boost allways comes at a cost it is up to you how much your willing to spend. I dont know what you mean by chuck ons.  Hereis a pic of my 1995 r33  type m series 1.5 with Lenso rims

skyline r33.JPG

Well that explains why no matter how much I researched I kept getting confused! Thank you. Now I know exactly what I have. Yes,  I really like the body shape! I never thought I'd own a 33 as I was a pretty big fan of the 32's and their shape after owning an R32 GT-R but I've grown to love the 33 now. Thank you for your advice. You've done really well with yours,  I can't wait to tidy up mine some more.  Defiently on color I reckon I'll go. Midnight purple with a black carbon fiber bonnet and sit it on white rims but have a long way to go before I get there.  :)

Welcome Nikki,

Decent second hand rims can be found in the for sale section on this forum at reasonable prices. There seems to be a lot less threads on here these days so check gumtree or wreckers too.

Check out bracing.com.au for suspension parts as their products are high quality at decent prices.

Best initial bang for buck mods are replace intake w/pod style and shielding (Apexi work great), then 3-inch turbo back exhaust system (blitz not bad if you like cannon tips).

Splitfire Coilpacks are decent though similar ones can be had cheap.

Nengun are recommended for genuine jap brand new parts and justjap are the local equivalent.

Enjoy modding and get ready to burn a massive hole in your pockets!

3 hours ago, rd-runr said:

Splitfire Coilpacks are decent though similar ones can be had cheap.

Half of this is true, the other half is not completely true.

Splitfires are decent.  Anything cheap that is "similar" are not decent.  Stay away from yellow coils, red coils, any other colour other than the proper Splitfire blue (there are bodgy blue copies out there too) and original OEM black. But not any cheap black.  Only the proper original Nissan part.

But don't do anything to the coils unless you start to get ignition breakdown.  That might happen if you get the boost up to 10 psi.  But just getting the boost up to 10 on an R33 stock ECU means you'll be using twice as much fuel and it will be as slow as crap (considering the fuel consumption) and so you won't want to drive it anyway.

There is a container load of information here, you'll have to spend the time researching as basically every question you have has been dealt with before. Check out the DYI section for how-to's. I recommend keeping the car as is (including the 5 psi boost) until you have some parts cobbled together to do (e.g. boosting the car which involves a bunch of parts).

Suspension wise, depends heavily on intended use of car. Street car, I'd go with MCA or similar, or even good dampers (e.g. KONI) and springs. Join Skyline parts Facebook groups, and keep an eye out here (in the for sale section) for parts including wheels and tyres, as mentioned already. The good thing about the R33 is we had heaps of them here and parts should be available.

Ran your VIN through here: http://gtr-registry.com/en-ecr33-vin-table.php

ECR33-061406 GGKBRTFR33VDAMUJD- GTS25t Type M (Series 1.5) 1995-08 KL0 Spark Silver Metallic

(1G) 2 Door Coupe; (2GK + 11V) RB25DET; (4B) 2WD HICAS; (7F) 5 Speed Manual; (14M) Electric Glass Sunroof; (15U) Large Rear Spoiler + Aero Form Bumper + Rear Wiper (Aero Selection); (16J) GTS25T Type M; (17D) No Audio