SAU Community

Farewell GoldZilla (Nick)

Duncan

I guess many/most of you have already seen this news elsewhere, but for those who aren't social media-ly active, one of our club's founding members, Nick, passed away on Friday.

Nick had health challenges from birth, and while he fought hard over the years his health was deteriorating, leading to longer hospital stays and less active times in between. Unfortunately his challenges caught up with him and he passed peacefully last week.

I knew Nick for almost 20 years, and he was always one of the most giving and committed members of the club, despite his challenges. He was a VP and committee member, a key organiser of big events like our social cruises and show n shines, and did a great job looking after designing and managing sales of the club merchandise for about 10 years. He was passionate about cars and particularly Stageas and Skylines until the end, even if he went a bit off the rails (ie euro) in later years.

Please join me in wishing his family and friends well, and feel free to post here your memories/pics/thoughts for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

From my experience with the man I formed the opinion that if more people were like Nick the world would be a better place.

Hopefully he is doing mad skids wherever he is ? :burnrubber:

See you around brother

• Like 2

I stole this pic from Nick's gallery on here, from when he first got his Stagea....

Back in about 2001 I was working in the Colonial building in north paramatta....every day I saw this green corolla parked in a disabled zone right out front with a Skylines Downunder sticker (yes, this was pre-SAU) on the front. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet and become a friend of the driver :)

The_old_and_the_new_002.jpg

• Like 3

That sticker was the first thing I noticed in that pic. 

The previous owner of Nics Stagea parked next to me at the SAU SNS. I loved his car as he'd done the manual conversion. Before the day was out, Nick had swooped in and bought it. I love that he kept it for the last 14 years.

• Like 4

This is very sad news indeed.

In 2005 I purchased my GTR and I joined SAU not long after. This was my first introduction to Nick as he assisted me through the membership process and started my friendship with him.

Nothing was ever too much trouble for Nick and he was always there with advice whenever it was needed.

In addition to all of the cruises and SAU events that we attended with Nick he will always be remembered for his green Stagea. So much so that I also purchased a C34 Stagea and then spent two years finding a set of the same Nissan wheels as Nick had on his to put on mine.

The picture below is of Nick and Clinton at the drags. Clinton is just sitting there smoking up the tyres going nowhere while Nick has just put the power down and is off down the strip for the win.

1705133466_Clinton2.thumb.jpg.05f1867bdc04d2272e6526eb50aec851.jpg

This is a sad time and I am honoured to be able to say that Nick was my friend and I will miss him.

• Like 3

Sorry and sad to see Nick passed away, always super helpful and friendly. No doubt I've got a few pics from different times - will try and find when back in Aus.

Thoughts with his family.

Again, I guess most people have seen this on Facespace, but these are the details for the funeral, from Rosie:

Nick's Funeral Details

Thank you all again for all your kind messages.

We welcome you to join us in celebrating Nick’s life on Tuesday the 2nd July, 2019.

The details are as follows:
10:30am - Funeral Service 
St Pauls Catholic Church 
40 Buckleys Road
Winston Hills

We will then travel in procession, following the hearse to be at the Cemetery at 12:30pm 
Kemps Creek Catholic Garden Cemetery
230-260 Western Road
Kemps Creek

1:30pm - Afternoon Tea
Toongabbie Sports Club
12 Station Road
Toongabbie

There will also be a viewing for Nick at Guardian Funerals Blacktown on Monday the 1st July 2019 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm.

In lieu of flowers, we would appreciate a donation to The Heart Foundation in honour of Nick.

*If you are a member of the SAU Car Club or Stagea Car Club, please share this to the club FB

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Nicks family has asked if anyone would like to wear their SAU shirts or Stagea shirts they would be encouraged to do so at the funeral on Tuesday. 

They have also asked if anyone involved with SAU or the car scene to form a guard of honour after the procession at the cemetery before Nick gets carried to his final resting place.

20150320_202623.thumb.jpg.0244e09197b3db5551f18ffe11e12212.jpg

R.I.P. mate, you fought the good fight and we had some fun times along the way.
Nick was and will always be a top bloke and it was always a pleasure catching up with him at SAU events.

My most heartfelt condolences to his family and loved ones at this time

• Like 1

considering blowing the dust off the anchor and driving the old girl down from the central coast on Tuesday for this, showing up in the daily just doesn't feel right. Still feels surreal that he is gone ??

• Like 1