SAU Community

R32 4 door with NEO De + T

Hi Guys, 

After some help and advice. 

I have been restoring a 4 Door Caged R32 Skyline, it has a NEO engine from a 34 5 Speed N/A that has been converted to a Turbo. It has Oil feed from Oil Sensor and drain to Sump.

Now my question is I have a Gtx3076r Gen 2 which is also Water Fed so I believe I need to T off the Heater hoses. Now I do not have any as it was running oil only turbo and wasn't intended to run a heater. I do not have any heater to block lines currently so my question is how would I go about this, and does anyone who has done this have pictures of how they have T'd off. 

My intentions are to run safe power for now with boost limits to get it running and then eventually get it forged to up the boost. 

Alot of the threads I have read about DE+T are either old or assumptions. I know there aren't too many differences other than the higher crown pistons (compression ratio) no oil squirters and no oil/water feed lines to turbo from the block. So it is fully capable eventually.  This is not my favoured route I wasn't made aware it was an NA block until I did some digging on block numbers etc. 

Any relevant advice would be ace. Please bare in mind I am not doing this full conversion it is already done just the water lines.

Many thanks, 

Sam. 

Screenshot_20200217_104536.jpg

Edited by R32driftsam
Adding info

The routes for the water lines to and from the turbo and inlet manifold are visible in the R34 workshop manual, which you can google up and download. That should show you the best place to source water and where to send it back.

I'm not home right now (or for the next 2 weeks) so don't have it with me and won't be googling it myself.

One thing you may not be aware of with ref to differences between NA and turbo Neos is the tiny ports in the NA head.

Hey fam, 

You can use your coolant drain plug which is located on the same side as your turbo... i have done this as my feed and ran my return to the small barb attached to the thermostat housing. This is a popular way that i learned from the many other people who DE + T and have success with. I can give you the exact fitting specifications you will need to match the threads on the block to the AN braided line but when i come home from work, i wrote it down somewhere.

I also forged my De+T Neo with Cp Neo Turbo pistons and Manely H-beams. If you need anything or wanna see what i did, message me and i can try my best to help you 

Edited by Dil-Dog

16 minutes ago, Dil-Dog said:

Hey fam, 

You can use your coolant drain plug which is located on the same side as your turbo... i have done this as my feed and ran my return to the small barb attached to the thermostat housing. This is a popular way that i learned from the many other people who DE + T and have success with. I can give you the exact fitting specifications you will need to match the threads on the block to the AN braided line but when i come home from work, i wrote it down somewhere.

I also forged my De+T Neo with Cp Neo Turbo pistons and Manely H-beams. If you need anything or wanna see what i did, message me and i can try my best to help you 

That would be awesome if you could provide these please mate. All help is appreciated. Just trying to get mine running somewhat safe power for now until forged. If you can dm your setup etc and we can talk cheers

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

The routes for the water lines to and from the turbo and inlet manifold are visible in the R34 workshop manual, which you can google up and download. That should show you the best place to source water and where to send it back.

I'm not home right now (or for the next 2 weeks) so don't have it with me and won't be googling it myself.

One thing you may not be aware of with ref to differences between NA and turbo Neos is the tiny ports in the NA head.

Plenty of neo de's with turbo intakes on them around, I think that small port thing was started by someone that got a 20 head but was told/thought it was a 25 head

5 hours ago, WMDC35 said:

Plenty of neo de's with turbo intakes on them around, I think that small port thing was started by someone that got a 20 head but was told/thought it was a 25 head

Just a bullshit statement. GTSBoy is right mate, there is no argument, 25de Neo ports are smaller than det. 

It is facts that the de has smaller intake ports .... but its not the end of the world it will work fine for low boost street applications, heck some guys do up 20psi with the de head. 

If you are skilled and brave enough, you can do this with a high powered die grinder. However be very careful.

A6338E7E-5C7D-4911-88EF-A6B507980266.png

• Like 1

Here is a picture of my coolant feed set up on my de + t. The fitting is very easily found or can be made by any machine shop. Its a 1/4” bspt to AN-6 adapter/fitting for you to run your water feed. 

192D93C3-DBCD-457B-A67E-AE4FF3020102.png

no bro... read everything once again.

FEED
that picture of the fitting and hose is your water feed for your turbo and what you screw the fitting into is your coolant drain plug on the block.

RETURN
For the return i ran the AN-6 line from the turbo around the back of the head and it goes to the small barb/nipple on the thermostat housing and its clamped on with dual industrial grade hydraulic hose clamps provided by the machine shop who made all my lines and fittings. I will take a pic soon for you.

I know there is many other ways to do it BUT i deleted the heater core and the mess of heater core hoses on the block and manifold. I have a Greddy/freddy intake so i have no coolant lines going anywhere to anything, its a clean and simple combination that leaves you with alot of room, no clutter, and offcourse no headache with that mumble jumble snake pit of coolant hoses. 

I can show you how to "delete" the coolant hose/heater core mess. i say delete but what i really mean is replaces the tangled junk with one fat hose and thats it. But you would have to run an aftermarket intake, i am not sure if its possible on the stock intake, never tried. 

4 minutes ago, Dil-Dog said:

Not my picture but this is what i mean, you can do this with industrial grade hydraulic hose instead of steel braid for cheaper

Image result for rb25 heater core delete

Ah OK bud, I want my heater to work as it gets cold in England haha. Looks good though. I have a otaku inlet so it would have to work with that

19 hours ago, Rusty Nuts said:

Just a bullshit statement. GTSBoy is right mate, there is no argument, 25de Neo ports are smaller than det. 

I haven't bothered pulling the intake off a de neo but as I said I thought they mustn't be much different with so many turbo intakes on de's.

You can correct people without saying they're making bullshit statements & trying to make an argument when you added nothing.

So there's no turbo intakes on de's? That's a bullshit statement?

This is why so many that used to comment on SAU have gone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WMDC35 said:

I haven't bothered pulling the intake off a de neo but as I said I thought they mustn't be much different with so many turbo intakes on de's.

You can correct people without saying they're making bullshit statements & trying to make an argument when you added nothing.

So there's no turbo intakes on de's? That's a bullshit statement?

This is why so many that used to comment on SAU have gone

No one is arguing that the turbo inlet manifold won’t fit, it will bolt straight on. That’s got nothing to do with head port size. 

The ports are smaller on a de neo head. There’s even a picture that shows that. 
It is definitely worth pointing out to people the ports are smaller, not sure why you are cranky about it?   

your argument is odd in that you are bashing people for not “adding anything” but all you have added is misinformation. 

the ports in the de neo head would have been kept smaller to keep the air speed up for better efficiency. Still going to work with a turbo, but those smaller ports then become a restriction rather than a benefit when making some power

Saying you think or thought something because of what people are doing isn't a concrete statement

Someone could say it fits but its not quite right but you have to blow it up & say i'm bashing people , ok superben

Not worth bothering i'll just delete my account like everyone else 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:38 AM, WMDC35 said:

You said this.

Then someone posted up literal picture of the differences and how to cut them out with a die grinder to the same size if you've got epic confidence and a forklift workbench.

Yes it will still work, yes people still use the DE head with DET intakes to get some results, as people have said. But what I've quoted up here from you is factually incorrect, was proven incorrect with pictures, and people saying "Hey whoa, that information isn't correct" is exactly what you'd want on a forum.

"The head intakes are smaller, but some people have got reasonable results in any case until it becomes a restriction" is all accurate, and noone has actually disagreed on any of it, from any posts here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1