SAU Community

Need help!!

I have a stock  turbo r33 1993 model just recently as a week ago I installed a boost t to try and find the boost cut on the stock ecu in a nutshell just yesterday  had a Apexi Power FC installed and tuned on the dyno reading came back with 212kw 280hpish on 9psi and slowly bleeds off after hitting 9psi , (they tuned my car with the boost t still installed, did not uninstall it and then tune it) could the boost bleed be from the boost t or something els. I was thinking about removing the t and just rec connecting the waste gate without a boost t but am afraid it will mess with my tune. Help 

ps I am needing information on what modifications I should do to help increase my kw/hp besides a bigger turbo lol, 

when I say stock r33 I mean it’s has rejacket coils a tog tdo6, 3”tbe and fronty that’s aboout it will post engine bay pictures 

52C38A35-0018-4F15-9BDE-539507839DB7.jpeg

1B00BF11-CDD6-4F2E-A5E5-F7909EF51F78.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Dance99 said:

212kw 280hpish on 9psi and slowly bleeds off after hitting 9psi

This is not true. 9 psi on a 25 should give no more than 180 rwkW, probably only 170.

47 minutes ago, Dance99 said:

could the boost bleed be from the boost t

Yup.

47 minutes ago, Dance99 said:

or something els

Also yup.

48 minutes ago, Dance99 said:

but am afraid it will mess with my tune.

Won't. Can't.

48 minutes ago, Dance99 said:

bigger turbo

Need.

The whole point of the new ecu and tune was to run my car on more boost etc more power but they have left the boost t installed????? I want to go back to normal waste gate pressure but at the sametime I’m aiming for acting 11-12psi mark 

11 minutes ago, Dance99 said:

The whole point of the new ecu and tune was to run my car on more boost etc more power but they have left the boost t installed????? I want to go back to normal waste gate pressure but at the sametime I’m aiming for acting 11-12psi mark 

What?

Well, if you want more boost your going to need some form of boost controller. If all you have is a stock turbo with stock actuator, all you can do is run stock boost. Pretty simple. 

You seem upset that they 'left the boost t installed' - how did you expect them to turn up your boost if they removed the boost t?

Also in your first post you say the car has a stock turbo, but in your list of mods you say it's got a TD06? You realise that isn't the stock turbo right?

Did you buy the Power FC and boost t brand new? Where abouts are you located? 

2 hours ago, Dance99 said:

7BB83911-775C-484A-B424-B75D7F94BA16.thumb.jpeg.02425216601898000a933494ccaddc4d.jpeg

He is in Townsville. Can 100% say that is a known happy Dyno. Probably not the best place for a tune in Townsville. Ask me how I know.... 

I can recommend a much better tuner locally. The boost tee is designed to bleed air away from the wastegate to increase boost pressure.