SAU Community

Billet oil pump gear review

Some years back i saw spool imports  create  a billet oil pump gear and also a sline drive kit for both n1 and oem pump. However i saw no reviews on these pumps. I would like to know how many of you have used these and saw good results... please feel free to expand on this topic :) 

8 hours ago, Turbo_avi said:

Some years back i saw spool imports  create  a billet oil pump gear and also a sline drive kit for both n1 and oem pump. However i saw no reviews on these pumps. I would like to know how many of you have used these and saw good results... please feel free to expand on this topic :) 

Just for reference i used a stock RB26 pump in my RB30 and always had adequate oil pressure even on hot track days. Apparently there was a time when dodgy knock offs were sold but the OEM item seems pretty good (you need to locktite the  screws) for many users.

• Like 1

I did, I wrote something about the Spool v1 gears (black anodised) being munched up when I spent the entire skid pan at the limiter. However the gears were placed into stock used N1 oil pump with over 200k km on the clock.

Got in touch with Spool and they said those years aren't theirs? Interesting because I bought it from their damn site!!

Pretty perplexed anyhow, bought v2 of the gears, also with a brand new N1 pump and they're still on the car now. Has been through 3 hours of dyno, 1x skid pan, a big drive to Singleton and back to Western Sydney.