SAU Community

First Post/ Should I buy this Skyline?

Luke kelly

Hey everyone, 

I currently dont own a skyline but im looking to buy this r34 GTV (gtt without a turbo) and its been converted from an auto to a manual gear box. The car has 150k Kms on it rn and has had 2 owners in Australia. Its got a Z-tune body kit aswell as parts that will help convert it to a turbo. The guy is asking 20k for it, is this a reasonable price, should i buy this as my first car? 

Would love to hear what other people have to say about their experiences with N/A skylines!

Appreciate your replies!!

Edited by Luke kelly

• Luke kelly changed the title to First Post/ Should I buy this Skyline?

Hi Luke and welcome to :sau: !

How does it drive? Any noises? Any oil leaks? Hows the suspension and tyres? Have you checked if it's straight? Bodykits sometimes mean hidden damage.

Interesting that somebody would do the manual conversion on a non turbo also. Is it the original engine?

Any pics?

Thanks for replying. 

Yet to drive it as its a little out of my way to get, going to try test drive it this weekend. I dont believe it has any of the problems youve listed but im yet to see but will definitley look out for them. I belive its the original engine (Straight NEO 6),
the exhuast is a HKS cat back and king spring lowering springs

If everything was fine with the car do you think 20k is reasonable or should i try get it for lower?

Enjoy the Photos
Cheers

Screenshot_20201114-152415.png

Screenshot_20201114-153325.png

Screenshot_20201114-153331.png

20k seems horrendous for an NA Skyline. But maybe I'm out of touch with what they're "worth" these days.

That pod filter takes you almost all the way up to the legal limit for intake tract modifications in Victoria too!

Is the original bonnet available? Because that one on there is unlikely to be legal.

20k is highway robbery for a frankenstein R34 Non-turbo. Either spend a little more on a GT-T or offer 10 for it and see what they say. Hell, even $10k for that is too generous imo.

Unlike the lads above I think the price is ok. Looking at carsales the first manual non turbo is $25k with 150,000 k's on it. Though its likely to be a factory manual, it does give some food for thought. The auto R34  GT's start at 13k. So, for me, 20 is ok, but 17 - 18 would be better. 

For reference, the first GTT is $30k but an auto.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

I'm of the opinion that NA Skylines are only good for LS2 conversions.

Yes, Yes, we haven't forgotten. But on subject, I have been following prices and this year Skylines great and not so great have rocketted in value. Along with E36 and E46 BMW's and almost all old school rear drive vehicles. 

• Like 1

Thanks Guys for your opinions, 

I'll check out the bonnet and such if it's legal, as I'm going to be on my P's I won't be able to drive a gtt hence why I'm looking at an N/A version. My thoughts are that I can either convert this car to a turbo or just sell it and buy a GTT when I'm older. Hopefully the prices will go up for N/A Skylines as by the time I sell it they'll be legal in the USA, hence I can sell it for more or around the same. 

I'll try offering him 17k or around that. Still interested to hear what other people have to say and what they think about my theory with selling it later on.

2 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

I'd look at a 350Z

Oooh. Surely it's better to go 370? There's 5 times as many available and while they are admittedly double the money, we're talking about something that's only ~7 years old, not something that's >12 years old, for the most part.

But, having said that....there are a couple of manual 350Zs available for <<$15k. That's disturbingly cheap and I feel like I should buy one for later on.

8 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

Oooh. Surely it's better to go 370? There's 5 times as many available and while they are admittedly double the money, we're talking about something that's only ~7 years old, not something that's >12 years old, for the most part.

But, having said that....there are a couple of manual 350Zs available for <<$15k. That's disturbingly cheap and I feel like I should buy one for later on.

I saw a v36, 50k on it $26990. So nice with Cooled/heated seats! Don’t know why that is my high point... lol but anyway was thinking the same I saw a man v35 I want to buy for later on too

Hey mate, I think 20k is way too much for an NA! Back rear is altia bumper btw, if stock Oem sell it off for $$.

I bought my GTT for 15k 5 years ago. Auto But it’s very good condition, I got genuine altia front and side shirts!, and rear is fibre! Lm wheels!

I would offer 12k  good luck!

• Like 2