SAU Community

R33 GTS25T Compression Issue

So i brought this car a year ago with 250k on it with a blown ECU and a tight cam belt, Fixed that and is was a new car again. The problem has been that the compression cold is 140psi throughout the 6 and once hot they all drop evenly 20psi down to 120psi throughout the 6. its been like that for a year now and hasn't changed. it doesn't use oil really and doesn't fill up the catch can. the k&n filter on the catch can looks abit oily however. There's no noticeable blow by just a puff of white smoke out the catch can when you give it a hard rev.

I haven't done a leakdown test yet I've been putting it off. my question is what causes compression to drop like that? i have no information on the history besides it was owned my crackheads and it sat dormant for possibly more then 5 years. the motor looks super clean for how many km's it has and how trashed the suspension is. the car runs perfect but i can feel the 20psi loss as the car warms up.
i was thinking someone put a thicker head gasket on to drop the cr but that still doesn't answer the compression drop. its suppose to rise isn't it lol.
I've asked many mechanics and they cant explain it.
Hope someone can help!
Thanks.

3 hours ago, blind_elk said:

Have you done a wet compression test?

Its a good idea, but it will confirm worn rings. The suspension didn't get rooted because the crackies drove it to church on Sundays. Or down to Supercheap for new filters, before the car wash.

Edited by Rusty Nuts
additional information
  • Like 1

hmm, its running 10psi atm, iv blown 2 turbos so far going any higher on the stock ones. Im still confused why the compression dropped 20psi just from warming up, and even more so why its 120psi hot and cold a year later. wouldnt it drop down to say 100psi once warmed up if its worn that much in the time iv owned it. if compression should be around 160-170+ and i have 120, shouldnt there be quite abit of blowby?
I forgot to take the crank case vent valve out of the manifold to get a true reading of how much blowby there is, i dc that. i took the catch can hose out and you can bearly notice air coming out, you have to squeeze the hose end and then its enough to feel like a gentle flow of air. 0 smoke. same if you give it a rev.
iv used the same comp tester for years to eliminate getting different readings.

Edited by JasonMate

I forgot to mention it was infect a females car named tarsha, idk it was badged on the back. it was all girly with pink everywhere. it also had a powercruze sticker on the back window lol idk. did people do low cr builds back like 10 years ago?