SAU Community

New GT-R Owner 👌

Sam_AusBNR32

Thanks for having me!

New to the forum- long-term Z32 owner, new R32 GT-R owner from Brisbane, Australia.

Currently searching for info regarding wheel/tyre fitment- purchased this old girl on Friday. She's clean for the price, but the wheel/tyre width is a huge problem.

18x10.5 +15 Enkei RPF1's

285/35R18 tyres

Wheels are in great condition, it'd be a real shame to replace them but they are causing major issues in the front of the car- they've worn through the inner guard liners and physically restrict the steering (can't turn to full-lock).

If you've run this size wheel, I want to hear from you! Can it be done with a smaller radius tyre, or am I up for replacing both the wheels and the tyres?

Cheers 🍻

20221105_175201.thumb.jpg.84fc48f3a8879b01453439cf9011e783.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Sam, congrats on the purchase.

Unfortunately 18x10.5 don't fit properly on the front. You might get away with removing the guard liners and using undersized "stretched" tyres. 

18x10 +15 to + 22 fit OK

The Enkies are not particularly strong wheels and you will find examples of broken ones as well. These days a GTR deserves quality wheels that fit properly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Duncan said:

Hi Sam, congrats on the purchase.

Unfortunately 18x10.5 don't fit properly on the front. You might get away with removing the guard liners and using undersized "stretched" tyres. 

18x10 +15 to + 22 fit OK

The Enkies are not particularly strong wheels and you will find examples of broken ones as well. These days a GTR deserves quality wheels that fit properly.

Thanks so much @Duncan!

Was in two minds about trying a smaller diameter tyre VS new wheels/tyres, that advice confirms it 👌

16 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

18x10 +20 is the max i'd go (it's what I'm running)
285/30 looks good and fits better than 275/35

285/35 is too big IMO

Thank you @niZmO_Man, appreciate your advice. 

At the size you're running, do you have any issues with the tyre contacting the inner guard liners? Assuming you haven't had to roll or otherwise modify the front guards?

On 07/11/2022 at 2:15 PM, Sam_AusBNR32 said:

Thank you @niZmO_Man, appreciate your advice. 

At the size you're running, do you have any issues with the tyre contacting the inner guard liners? Assuming you haven't had to roll or otherwise modify the front guards?

Guards rolled. My car is fairly low and it does occasionally rub on the front liner on full compression, although not as bad as 275/35. I also run like -2deg camber and about 6deg castor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shoota_77 said:

I had one, terrible car!  The CVT felt like it was operated by the loosest rubber band ever made….  

I second this! We're in the process of getting it ready for sale lol. Don't get me wrong, they're nice enough to drive when they're working. I’ve just had too many issues with Subaru's to want to add another to the list 😂

• Haha 1

Update: picked up a set of 4x R32 GT-R wheels locally. Long-term, but not permanent solution. Tyres on them are shot and require replacing, but have MT's fitted to 2 of them (255/50R16).

Will be test fitting to check tyre size as I'm eyeing off a new set of Toyo Proxes R888R's (245/45R16). Once I pick up a new set of wheels for her, these will be stored for track use.

🤞🤞

Screenshot_20221108-223351_Chrome.jpg

20221108_213747.jpg

Edited by Sam_AusBNR32
Adding info
  • Like 1