SAU Community

Eastern Creek Full Day Track Day 19/12/02

Majanal

Hey Guys,

Well there seems to be a BIG gap between Drive days at Eastern Creek. This one looks to be the last oportunity to get one in before the new year rolls around.

I will contact Dave Stone during the week to see if we can get a little more off the group booking rate but I think I'll be going along to this one anyway.

If your keen to join me then start posting up here. As usual I'm shooting for 15 definates to form our own group, but if we can get 30 then we have not only enough for 2 groups, but we will have the biggest turnout ever at Eastern Creek. A meet of this size may just call for a magazine of some sort to be called in.

Anyway, let me know.

Dan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ManNGolf

just to clarify......im after the December 19th track day.

im sure i can get about 7ppl including myself to go.

its a full day as far as i know and its on the motor concept calender already.

cost atm is est at $145 im hoping it'll go down to $130'ish.

so can the fearless leader please stand up (cuz slimshady said so) and org it please......

OK guys,

I spoke to Tracey Yesterday and she said that if we can get 15 ppl together than we can work out some sort of a discount. Last time I think we had it at $120 if we got 15 ppl.

So far we have:

1. Majanal (GTS)

2. mrthorpedo (GTS)

3. red900ss (GTS) You better not ditch me again!

4 - 10. ManNgolf plus another 6

11. Merli (GTS) ?

So come on, cos red and merli are only maybe's at this stage. this means that we need 6 more. Fatz, Bonkers, Oz, Silver, Prank, Jason GTR, Kabab and all the others that normally come along?

Let get this happening.

Red. the half day I have to work, but let me guess, you have it off right?

Cheers,

Dan.

It's been a long time between drinks so count me in. Already have the day off so let's make this a big one to end the year.

Also have a mate with a 180SX who is mighty keen to wear down the rears. And another with a VR-X Magna who wants to throw it around a racetrack before selling it, he will probably be there. Only count him as 50%, it is a magna after all.

Oz ( Paul ) is a 95% chance of making it as well.

Now if I can only get a few hours free to install that pesky bleed valve.:P

Z.

Im back in Syd end of Nov, anyone going to the half day 21/11?

I am back OS 01/12 but should be back in Syd 17/12/02 so put me down for both 21/11 & 19/12/02. (Yet to confirm available seats for return flight with airline)

Only ever done track days in winter months. Do summer temps knock the car around two fold? Might get an oil cooler if this is the case.

ok,

So far we have:

1. Majanal (GTS)

2. mrthorpedo (GTS)

3 - 9. ManNgolf plus another 6

10. Prank

11 - 12. Zane + 1

13. Roy

14. Kel and Duncan

15. ??????

Maybe's:

Merli

Zane's magna mate.

Oz (95%) Come on buddy!

XrSiSt

That is only one short... come on, who is gonna step up to the plate?

Fatz you Poof, are you coming?

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

......don't want to drive at high speeds half a sleep. .......

Good way to wake up Silver.

If my car is f@#ken ready by then I'll come, just so I can have a get together with fatz over a couple of pints afterwards.

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

Yeah, but you have to wear a pink shirt and put on L plates.:P  

Just kidding. All are welcome.

Can anyone lend me some L plates ?? I have a pink shirt :D :D :D :D

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• The 4WD version is harder to find so I compared the parts diagrams of the two https://nissan.epc-data.com/stagea/whc34/5414-rb20de/engine/172/17453/ and https://nissan.epc-data.com/stagea/wgnc34/287-rb26dett/engine/172/17201/ seems like the same part is called out: 17201...what with WHC34 tank work?
    • Thanks man, car is registered! Time to enjoy it. But if anyone has questions let me know happy to help others avoid my pitfalls.  
    • 2.8L Stroked S1 RB25 Fully built block (Spool&CP) and head (Ferrea & Kelford 272's). Hydro lifters.  Precision 6466 Gen2 1.00 T4 Divided. 2x 40mm Turbosmart open dump gates.  DW 1200cc injectors 2x AEM 320LPH Pumps Haltech Elite 2500, IC7, WB1, TC8, Etc.  4" Downpipe, 3.5" Catback.  94AKI (101.5ron) Pump gas + WMI (2x 1000cc nozzles) 463rwkws @ 27psi on a mustang roller dyno. 
    • I finally got it on the dyno today and luckily it stayed in one piece! It wasn't without its dramas though. First off, sent my power steering belt to the moon around the third pull. Scared me half to death. Tuner laughed and mentioned that often happens with RB's... I may need to look into adding the Ross power steering idler, or something a long those lines.  Second issue that came up was about 2 hours in, we realized the VCT wasn't working and had to go back through the timing and knock threshold once it was fixed (I had botched setting up VCT). That waisted a good hour or so. I was surprised to see that with VCT working, we saw a ~38rwkw difference across the powerband. More then I would of expected.  Without further ado, made 463rwkw@27psi. Not the numbers I originally set out after, but still more then enough to kill myself and I'm very happy. Mustang roller dyno's are known to be heart breakers compared to other dyno's. Two things that limited me, first was the hydraulic lifters/7600rpm cut. Tuner was adamant that I was losing out on a lot of power up top because of it. Second was the pump gas & WMI. He wasn't 100% comfortable tuning with WMI, and was honest about it. He stated he's more confident on E85/Race gas. I look at this as a positive as it leaves me a lot of room for improvement. All in all, very happy! I need to see what I can do about that rev limiter... I use to rev my stock RB20 to 8000rpm and now I have a fully built head that I only rev to 7600... It's bugging me.  Don't mind my fantastic picture/filming skills.  RB28 - Dyno (1).mp4      
    • The Daily - 2011 Audi A5 And the camper VW transporter T5