SAU Community

Timing chain

Part numbers are the same, so seems like they are.

There is a part number change for the main chain for the Series1 vs series2, but same between the PV35/CPV35 and NV35

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sonicii said:

it looks like the valve/solenoid is built into the cover on the DD -

https://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/v35/6815-vq25dd/engine/130/13040S/

image.thumb.png.76668b20d66879cc1d034453076438de.png

Compared to the separate valve on the VQ35DE

image.thumb.png.7cbd01e3692bdea51c782e2f66f480e1.png

Thanks alot man I appreciate that I see it's like 800 plus dollars i think I've found the circle magnet that's in there so far it's a vvt magnet clutch but also I see the intake valve and exhaust valve on the schematic diagram I just dont know where they go it's on vq25dd diagram look to the bottom right corner and look for the matching numbers it says valve,intake and valve,exhaust I just wanna know what those are 

The are the actual intake and exhaust valves, each cylinder will have 2 of each of them, these are not the variable valve timing solenoids, they are the actual valves.

You should be able to find plenty of youtube videos about how an engine works that will describe them well, every 4stroke engine has them, and most cars engines these days have 4 valves per cylinder (2 intake and 2 exhaust) but some have 2 (1 of each)

Ohhhhh ok thanks I appreciate the help much love and respect can I clean them or do I have to replace it

10 hours ago, sonicii said:

The are the actual intake and exhaust valves, each cylinder will have 2 of each of them, these are not the variable valve timing solenoids, they are the actual valves.

You should be able to find plenty of youtube videos about how an engine works that will describe them well, every 4stroke engine has them, and most cars engines these days have 4 valves per cylinder (2 intake and 2 exhaust) but some have 2 (1 of each)

because 850 is alot for that part 

On 5/20/2023 at 6:18 PM, Ben C34 said:

What are you actually trying to do?

Change the timing components the car has 195000 miles and fix the problem so the fault code p1110 intake valve timing control bank 1 goes away along with the check engine light 

4 hours ago, TGskyline said:

Change the timing components the car has 195000 miles and fix the problem so the fault code p1110 intake valve timing control bank 1 goes away along with the check engine light 

195,000 miles? was that a typo? thats over 300k Km

• 3 months later...
On 5/19/2023 at 2:36 AM, sonicii said:

it looks like the valve/solenoid is built into the cover on the DD -

https://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/v35/6815-vq25dd/engine/130/13040S/

image.thumb.png.76668b20d66879cc1d034453076438de.png

Compared to the separate valve on the VQ35DE

image.thumb.png.7cbd01e3692bdea51c782e2f66f480e1.png

Does anyone know how to test the solenoid using the prongs and a multimeter I saw something some time ago cant fing it no longer the one that's built in on vq25dd engine any help would greatly appreciated