SAU Community

Sandown Track Day 24th October

Roy

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't panic about the noise - they take the tests from 50m away. Trust me - have you ever heard a full blown 69 Mustang with a 7L Donk go past at full revs? Makes an import sound damn quiet. And there are 2 that race on these days noproblems.  

Basically if you have an exhaust you will be right. You won't get done for noise.

then i will try and get the ceffy there cause the soarers already been epad twice... another one is a 1000 dorra fine.

ad define an exhaust? :D mine has a pipe... does that count?

Ok well we can add Adzmax (R34 GTT) and RedR32 (R32 GTR but its not Red - its purple so go figure) to the list - that makes 13!

Lucky for some! :D

If we include the ceffy and the Ice Supra (both entering under SAV) thats 15. Were not far off having 1/4 of the entire field! :wassup:

Making the SAU Track Record top 10 list suddenly got harder!

lmao nice.

oooooo i just remembered i wont have to buy tyres either cause i ahve a spare set of 17s with tyres on em! Well that makes it look more affordable.

ok... all i need now is to get a uote from ICE to fix the tail/drive shaft.

might pop around and see them this afternoon too.

Shit, facing another problem. The rims that i've got is now going back to its owner and i'm getting my $$ back. Reasone : had spacers at the front and it look like bloody american monster trucks, the rear fit perfectly though! Not happy.

Anyone run stockie 225/50/16 on track? Well time is runing out my last sollution is i might get Falken Azzines for the rear that should help a bit?

Still i've sent the Sandow form off already.

Shit, facing another problem. The rims that i've got is now going back to its owner and i'm getting my $$ back. Reasone : had spacers at the front and it look like bloody american monster trucks, the rear fit perfectly though! Not happy.

Anyone run stockie 225/50/16 on track? Well time is runing out my last sollution is i might get Falken Azzines for the rear that should help a bit?

Still i've sent the Sandow form off already.

man those rims are ugly, why did you ever buy em?

Get some Hankook K104 Silica tyres, better than falkens and not 2 expensive

yeah kinda missed the point of his post... but anyway... more related.

onthe form it says"Mufflers must be fitted to all vehicles entered in the event."

eeeeer.... i dont have one... once again... i have a pipe.

also will they accept a car thru scrutineering where the front bar is held on by cable ties? lol

They never look under the car.

Based on my experience, they check:

Brake/ Tail lights

cabin and boot space - for loose items

fire extinguisher - they pull it out check date, but dont put it back in. slack

return spring on butterflies

seat belt condition

windscreen wipers (if rain is expected)

secondary bonnet strap

It only takes 2 minutes. They are too lazy to get down on their knees and look under the car.

Ni - have you ever BEEN to a track day? If not - come down to Phillip Island on Sunday. And there you will see some if the "racecar" vechiles that aren't permitted for street driving and you will feel much better about the ceffy.

Basically what they will check.

1. Steel Valve Caps.

2. Fire Extinguisher.

3. Helmet.

4. Throttle Body Return Springs (you have them already)

5. Brake lights.

6. You car is empty of loose itmes.

7. You have a competition number

8. Seatbelt/harness

9. Blue Triangle for battery.

Thats about it - the whole thing takes about 2 minutes.

Basically what they will check.

6. You car is empty of loose itmes.

What about the loose cannon behind the steering wheel :flamed:

You are right about the Top 10, looking at some of the cars coming along i think ill be happy if i fill one of the last few positions.

LOL, looks like the centre console, door trims and lower section of the dash are coming out. Lets see if i can get the car down to 1250kgs, :headspin:

man those rims are ugly, why did you ever buy em?

Get some Hankook K104 Silica tyres, better than falkens and not 2 expensive

Those wheels are awesome, i wanted to get a set, the colour aint that flash but those Volk would look tasty with a blast and fresh coat of paint and clear coat :aroused:

:) ...just realised i sent my entry of before i signed up with the Battered SAVS, so im down as NDSOC :throwup:

...and dont worry about rhe cable ties on the fron bar, as long as its secure, my inner guards are all held on with cable ties :D

And if you have never been to a track day and you have this weekend free, then head down and have a laugh with these guys at PI, you will get a good idea of how easy it is to get out there and enjoy your cars.... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=50670

Re noise don't worry at all. We run the GTR with a side exit straight thru pipe and have never come any where near the 30m drive by noise limit.

And I'm sure scruitineering has been covered off above, the bottom line is all they look for is track worthiness/safety. And the scruitineers have no idea what all the bits in under a skyline bonnet are :D