SAU Community

R32 Headlights Customising

well once I've converted my set and done the second set, I'll probably do the conversion on a one by one trade in basis (if I have any spare time).

So... you give me your headlight, I give you my converted headlight, then I convert your headlights, and give it to the next person that comes along and so on... and gradually I make enough money to fund a trip to the bahamas and I run away with the last person's headlight and money. :confused: I think.

Oh yeah the infinity headlights aren't ADR approved either :P for numerous reasons (one of which is there's no parking lights).

well once I've converted my set and done the second set, I'll probably do the conversion on a one by one trade in basis (if I have any spare time).

So... you give me your headlight, I give you my converted headlight, then I convert your headlights, and give it to the next person that comes along and so on... and gradually I make enough money to fund a trip to the bahamas and I run away with the last person's headlight and money. :confused: I think.

that sounds loke a top idea :P except for the run away to the bahamas part...? Hope I'm not the last one :D

• 4 months later...

well its not really series 1 and series 2... projector headlights and non projector ones were always available. In the series 1 the non projector headlights was the standard. In the series 2 the projector ones were standard, with the exception of the poverty models (GTE, GXE, GXi). There's a difference in lighting between the two. But by todays standards they're both pretty poor.

With R32s projectors and Xenon HIDs I read in jap mags that the xenon bulbs tend to form shadows in the beam that they project...

I think you need a set of these Shan :rant:

5796e55-xenon1-med.jpg

5796e55-xenon2-med.jpg

5796e55-xenon3.jpg

Mercedes E55 Bi-Xenon projectors. Will be trying to retrofit them into the GT-R light assemblies I bought through you ages ago. Should mean I don't have any nasty shadow issues...

Interested to see how this project ends up. BTW, anyone know where you can buy JB Weld (its an adhesive) in Australia?

LW.

• 2 weeks later...

Why modify the R32 lights?

Cause my dirtbike with a 2x2inch headlights throws TWICE as much brighter light then the R32 can muster....

I can't honestly believe these (along with S13s) were allowed to leave the factory with lights as bad as these....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...