SAU Community

Sandown Photos (24/10/2004)

NS2500

Nice pics guys! (only took 30mins for this page to load! :) )

Was such an awesome day. Weather was great, turn out of both guys competiting and also guys coming to support from SAU and FA's amazing.

Times were super impressive (I'm going to have to get off my ass and get moving now!). I hope they sort out the timing issues on the last session for Benno cause on 2 stop watches he ran a low 1.15s lap and thats is just farken amazing. Next fastest car was 6s slower. Also - considering the cars that were there - someone was saying that out of the top 10 fastest cars 9 of the were GTR's.

The SAU track newbies were doing a super job. This includes the DAMN supra (he is a SAU VIC member afterall!) - it did look and sound awesome on the track. The newbie GTST guys were sure having fun at the end of the day too.

:(

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he was doing some awesome times alright... when i was filming i was like... ***! hes already back again!! :( and miss him coming round the corner haha

The next track day being discussed is the PIARC weekend on Nov 13-14. This is a good one for track newbies as the Sat is a non-timed "practise" day - instructors available on the day and instead of 3 flying laps is done in 20min sessions so you get a better feel for the track before you get kicked off.

Then the Sunday is a proper Sprint Day just like the Maserati Club was.

Sandown! Meh,…me bites my tongue

No more paying for track days 4 weeks before the event as I have now done my a55 several times when complete and utter *** ups from out of farkin nowhere have stopped me enjoying the day Im sunburnt something terrible and I think im having my period today

Great day if only it was without the sunburn :)

Good to get out and rekindle my passion and meet some of you guys :(

...and just when i thought that I was over wanting a GTR, i get to the circuit and see so many tuff cars that s**t all over my baby gtst :lol:

Hopefully my electrical problems will be sorted soon - think i'm gonna get them to rip the alarm out completely and I can get it installed again elsewhere? dunno my best guess is a faulty relay but what do I know..heh

so when's the next day on so I can get out there and tear chunks of tread of my new el cheapo tyres :)

Michael

Ah Ni - PIARC =  Phillip Island Automotive Racing Club

lmao

i seeeeee :)

i think one of my mates has a holiday house down there... wonder if i'll be able to use it :(

probably not tho... seeing as he knows what im like when im drunk haha

Great day for it. Good to see many SAU cars getting out there and giving it a righteous go.

Thanks for the ride Snowy, much appreciated. Ash, sorry there wasn't a second session mate. I feel like I ganked your spot :)

Congrats to those who bettered their PB. For the newbies, hope you all enjoyed it. From a specatators view, it's was awesome.

Thanks for the ride Snowy, much appreciated.  Ash, sorry there wasn't a second session mate.  I feel like I ganked your spot :(

Nah its all good Dave.

Thats racing... we'll just blame nige :)

Great day, great also to see a lot of members out belting around the track.

Great times by all, the number of SAU guys in the lower time brackets was sensational.

Yeh it was a great day, it was great to get some sun:)

LOL, highlight of the day was the last few laps with Gareth giving the R33s some curry drifting onto the straight each time. I was handling not being out there until i saw his R32 tearing it up:thumbsup:

And the good news isl it appears my crank woes have been fixed...albeit 36hrs too late. But thats life, im already going bald, dont need to be pulling out what little hair i have left:(

But surely this time round if i pre-pay for PIARC i wont do my a55 to the tune of entry as i should be getting my car back the next day or two.

...and pending the results of the tune from the mechanics i am actually now confident i can give 1:27s a nudge. The only proviso is i need 235rwkws from the TD06-20G, just have to wait and see if it comfortably makes that sort of power.

Looking at Geoffs lap times, if i cant knock out a 1:27 then its the driver as my power to weight should be better then Geoffs, i will be using cheater tyres with better suspension and a diff that doesnt open wheel. So should be good for the 3-4 second improvement over Geoffs time...if not then ill have to give Geoff my tyres again and see if he can get up there:)

...and pending the results of the tune from the mechanics i am actually now confident i can give 1:27s a nudge. The only proviso is i need 235rwkws from the TD06-20G, just have to wait and see if it comfortably makes that sort of power.  

All this talk...

oh wait...

no action :P

j/k

Yeh it was a great day, it was great to get some sun:)

LOL, highlight of the day was the last few laps with Gareth giving the R33s some curry drifting onto the straight each time. I was handling not being out there until i saw his R32 tearing it up:thumbsup:  

And the good news isl it appears my crank woes have been fixed...albeit 36hrs too late. But thats life, im already going bald, dont need to be pulling out what little hair i have left:(

But surely this time round if i pre-pay for PIARC i wont do my a55 to the tune of entry as i should be getting my car back the next day or two.

Looking at Geoffs lap times, if i cant knock out a 1:27 then its the driver as my power to weight should be better then Geoffs, i will be using cheater tyres with better suspension and a diff that doesnt open wheel. So should be good for the 3-4 second improvement over Geoffs time...if not then ill have to give Geoff my tyres again and see if he can get up there:)

I went with geoff for a few laps and he was giving the maserati and 944 porsche plenty of curry and they were on cheater tyres.

I hardly call semicomps or slicks chearter tyres. The point of the exercise is to get the fastest time possible within the rules of the category.

Some may argue that Nittos are cheater tyres in drag racing but aslong as they are recognised a street radial tyre which RH9 cars must run, I'm gonna use them.

It's just getting an advantage over the competition in my opinion in an effort to get the best time and if they are cheater tyres, that would mean people like Ben, Andrew, Crazy Tony and Nige were all cheating amongst others.