SAU Community

Winton Fun Day Sunday Dec 19th

Snowman

Guys,

Just letting you know there is another Winton Fun Day scheduled on Dec 19th.

Don't have full details for it yet but the last one was $20 - you got a stack of track time and all you need is a helmet. So no CAMS etc etc etc.

So pics from the last one here:

5136winton_14-med.JPG

5136winton_7-med.JPG

5136winton_6-med.JPG

5136winton_3-med.JPG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Snowman,

What was the previous day like?? Did you get enough track time etc with the amount of people who showed up? Also what was the d***head factor like considering you don't need a CAMS licence?

Did you guys just drive up on the Sunday 'cause I was thinking of driving up on the sat, staying s/where and then driving back on the sun after the event?

cheers :P

Ant - basically the day gets broken into half hour driver only sessions, followed by half hour passenger sessions. You can pretty much go straight from the track back into the queue with a passenger if you are that keen (and your brakes are up to it).

I'd say we got close to 3hrs track time. Put it this way - Both me and my brakes had had enough of track driving by the end of the day! There wasn't really any dickheads - mostly the day is about guys bringing their families along and showing them what its like on the track - or people to have a feel for it and see if they like it.

With all the cars on the track its hard to get a good run. We were passing up to 20 cars in one laps! But it was fun. It was different fun to a usual track day as you had to take a totally different line cause you were always passing people.

Yes, Scott has already got a small bunch of groupies going to this event, and is looking at going sat afternoon for a stay over in wang.

I recommend Winton fun day as a first track event for all. It is also the legendary formation site of the eara that is "TEAM WANG." Where all are welcome to come along and race their wangs.

Yes, Scott has already got a small bunch of groupies going to this event, and is looking at going sat afternoon for a stay over in wang.

I recommend Winton fun day as a first track event for all.  It is also the legendary formation site of the eara that is "TEAM WANG."  Where all are welcome to come along and race their wangs.

hehe... it seems the definition of "wang" is open to interpretation! or has multiple meanings :)

Sounds like a good day.

How about taking the BEAST down there as well? Good to see the car fire up alright that day at ICE. Don't know who i am? Another GTR happy owner, the black 32 that you help me looking at all the window seals and stuff.....the little asian dude :( ...

Taking car back to ICE this monday, full service and stuff...MAYBE bolt the CAGE on as well, don't know if i should then see you all at Winton, maybe we could organise a little meet up for da south east peeps..!!!!

dec 4th... geoff gets back from thailand

dec 5th i rock aroudn with the ae8 and a ca18det

if by dec 19th we're done, I'll come up n give it a bash.

Dec 5th 0900 I fly back in to Melb so I'll be pretty tired. Maybe we hold a planning conference in the afternoon with a couple of drinks........

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I'll bite. I no longer own any euro's, but I thought I'd share two of my favorites I owned. My 500hp B5 S4 and my 800HP E55 AMG. Yes I did attempt to drive the E55 in Canadian winters, that lasted all of a month as it was a death trap.   
    • To be fair this is the wife’s car. However, I have been accused of owning more cars than I have pairs of undies. Luckily I change my undies more frequently than the cars.
    • Cheers Lads Looking at changing up a few things maybe go 2.8lt, bigger injectors with more a modern Turbo. Possibly transbrake and convert to E85 with Haltech ECU. Any thoughts on those Mods changes or better ideas? Want to try keep the car Street/Strip While also being weekend drivable still.  
    • The time has come, once again, for us to celebrate all things GTR! Motive DVD's GT-R FESTIVAL for 2024 is fast approaching, and we couldn't be more excited to be part of this awesome event once again! As usual, SAU NSW will be be part of the event, with our traditional club display on the day! If you would like to be part of it, firstly, you'll need to make sure you secure your Display Entry into the show via the below link by Motive Video: https://gtrfestival.com.au/ Other tickets are also available, ie. VIP Entry or Drag Entry, for you to also choose from. Once you have your ticket locked in, make sure to send us a PM via Facebook so we can add you to our list of display cars! When you message us, we will gather some more details from you to make sure we can spot you on the day, and guide you to the right place! If you'd like more information regarding the day, please refer to Motive Video's event page, or, you can get in touch with us and we will help you as best as we can. As always, general details are below: Date: Friday 24th May / Saturday 25th May Location: Sydney Dragway Time: 6.00pm Friday / 9.00am Saturday We look forward to seeing you all on the day! One of the things that really sets our club apart is our commitment to being true enthusiasts. When on normal roads we strive to maintain good relations with the authorities as well as the public in general. When attending one of Skylines Australia NSW events please try to: • Be aware of surrounding environment and act accordingly. • Drive courteously on the state’s roads as a true enthusiast should. • Understand how important it is to maintain the good name of SAUNSW and thus, treat others accordingly. • Any misbehaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave. Thanks guys and hope to see you there!