SAU Community

Winton Fun Day Sunday Dec 19th

Snowman

How about taking the BEAST down there as well? Good to see the car fire up alright that day at ICE.  Don't know who i am? Another GTR happy owner, the black 32 that you help me looking at all the window seals and stuff.....the little asian dude :) ...

Taking car back to ICE this monday, full service and stuff...MAYBE bolt the CAGE on as well, don't know if i should  then see you all at Winton, maybe we could organise a little meet up for da south east peeps..!!!!

I was thinking of doing exactly that. But will have to see. Oil cooler needs to go in, need to fine tune, boost needs to be wound down, blow off valves need to be delivered, oversize pullies need to go on, timing belt needs to be put on, cusco brake master cylinder stopper needs to go on, 4wd system needs attention, i need a helmet and a fire extinguisher, oh and i need to learn how to drive it :)

I think thats all. So will be a tough call by the date :) I guess we will see how fast the ICE guys work :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pending on my suspension component inspection (after my unfortunate encounter with the gutter) - if car has no issues, then I will DEFINITELY BE IN this time :-)

Since I had to miss the previous track day I wouldn't want to miss this one.... :headbang:

Might come along ;). Damn from those pics i can only see GT-R's :S

Is it gts-t friendly?

;)

OF COURSE it's gts-t friendly.... there's nothing wrong bringing a gts-t on the track...

Yeah just get out there and dont be a girl. That goes for all yall!

In all seriousness dont consider this event a track day as such. It's more a family day where people can become familiar with a track. It wouldn't matter if you drove a gtr or your mum's laser. just get out there.

Like Chris said, I'm organising a bunch of "I can out drive you, but I'm scared of the track... and my car doesn't have sump baffles......" experts. I've spoken to about 8 people, all keen. One is not scared of hurting his Renault Clio, but "it's the fact I don't trust the other dickheads out there".

I've spoke to Kate from reception at Winton Raceway, and this is how the day is structured:

Cost:

$20

When:

Sunday 19 December 2004

Time:

Gates open at 8am

What you need:

A car (road registered- Doesn't need to be race prepared)

A Helmet (any Road approved helmet is fine -motor bike/car/track/postie, etc)

Full length fire resistant clothing. ie: Cotton long sleave top/shirt, Jeans. Full cover footing.

Session Times:

Each session is for 30 minutes. Alternating between:

1 session with 1 passenger

1 session without.

It is not timed, so there is no pressure.

You can drive the track how you want.

As you sign in and hand over your $20, they get you to put your license number down and sign your life away. I think you can do it if it's been suspended, as you hold onto your card. So you could probably get away with it. Not too sure if you can, if you had it suspensed for 6 months or not. You hand your card in for that one.

They don't really care anyways. They only give you greif if you do something stoopid.

Just don't get caught driving down there on a suspended license. Got someone who can drive your car down there for you, then you just punt it around the track??

Yeah, mine was for 12 months, so I had to hand the licence in.

There is no way that I would risk driving it on the road, the consequences are too great, so I haven't driven for 3 months. I am sure I could find plenty of mates who would want to drive it up for me, as long as I give them a quick fang!

hopefully my car should c the track this time.

hey Al - ill make sure u work ;) ill put in a call :) ill ask for u specifically j/k :D

roy - u gonna be down in melb in jan and feb? if so ill be up for a friday bash wit ya :)

No prob! :)

driving my R33 on semi comps, i should complete the round trip in under an hour, just the right amount of time for the next session.

PS: I will still charge your store 8hrs travel + labour :D