SAU Community

Martin's Soarer turbos

whatsisname

This is for those of us that attended the LS1/Skyline dyno day, & saw/heard Martin's Soarer make 281rwkw on stock turbos.

I can confirm that they are/were indeed stock unmodified CT12A's (well the one I played with was).

More amazing is that the turbo I had a look @ was in pretty damn good condition, considering it would've had a hard life!

I still can't believe how well they held up to 3.0bar of boost on the dyno day (ok so I made that bit up :P)

Martin,

Liked the story in HPI this month. Was spun out by the difference the new pipework made on the twin.

Quick question: Why is HPI so damn expensive and so thin?

Didn't renew my Hot4's subscription, no matter how many shirts and vids they tried to feed me but christ....9 bux?

i know...i'm cheap...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by -Joel-

did u see the way that 7ltr manaro pulled down the straights.. OMG... :eek:  

wow... I hope he drives it the way they are supposed to be driven and not limp it every where... :P

Ah nothing like a Full Blown Factory Sports-Sedan,,,,Good-bye Nations Cup,,,,.

Bathurst 24 Hour 2002,,,,No Vipers,,,No,,,Mustangs,,,No Lambos,,,and one Ferrari,,,

Procar YOU should be ashamed of yourselves....

Neil.

The way its going there will be no genuine HRT 427, which means I wont be having one. That saves me from the biggest personal loan known to mankind!

Good news on the Soarer is that it makes 322rwkw at 1.3 bar with its new turbo. Cant wait for the next dyno day! Its sort of a Skyline now too, as it has R34 GTR rims.

Martin, how does it launch now? Can you still compete in the traffic light 0-100??

I ran a black 33 the other night (i think it had silver/grey Zeni Tani sticker on side) and i killed him 0-100 off the line, then i back off-we're in a 60 zone- and then he comes screaming past (had an external gate or screamer pipe, which by the way i didnt think sounded very nice!)

What do you guys think of these cars with massive peak power, but that cant give a decent run off the line?? I dont see that as being very fun!

That said, i have 200rwkw, but need a few extra! Had trouble holding off a pack of 180's last night on anzac, and those buggers were launching awesome too!

Martin, also, can i get you to tune my car through tilbrooks? Do i just ring up and say i want you to do it?? And can i get a dump pipe of same design as your soarer ones on the TT setup? -i still have the cast factory dump.

gimme a price and ill be there, cheers.