SAU Community

Faq: Apexi Powerfc - Frequently Asked Questions

paulr33

Yeah I know, but all I wanted was the map sensor to display boost, with the wiring you cab get that for $50+pp from the states, then I started wondering if I could hook up my current boost controller solenoid to it and have it work, the solenoid may not work but if know what wire to hook up to it then its worth a try

the boost control kit is actually 3 seperate parts, which you can buy from nengun seperately

the boost control kit loom

the map sensor

the solenoid

the map sensor is the same as the AVC-R sensor

the solenoid is the same as the AVC-R solenoid

you can use any solenoid you want as long as its 12v (actually, maybe its 5v?)

the powerfc simply switches the ground wire on/off to control boost duty - it wont know its a non legit apexi solenoid so you should be fine

the loom is a white connector which plugs into the boost kit port and then runs to the map sensor

there are there wires on this loom and it is for the map sensor only (ground, signal and power)

the boost solenoid gets power 12v from anywhere and the switched ground wire MUST come from pin 25 on the ECU loom (from memory its 25, it will say WASATEGATE SOLENOID) ie the stock GTST dual stage boost wire

you can plug in the boost kit LOOM and run up the map sensor and plug it in and the hand controller with display boost pressure

its only when you turn ON the boost kit that the boost profiles are enabled and it starts switching the solenoid on/off to reach target etc

so if the boost kit is OFF and you plug in the white socket and run up the map sensor your hand controller will show boost pressure, BOST will have a value in ETC. SENSOR SW CHECK and all will be good.

I have done some more research, apparently the pfc boost kit solenoid just plugs into the the stock boost solenoid plug, is this true?

If so i will just use those wires, so all up it will cost me $65, could do it for $35 but that dosnt come with the harness to plug the sensor into the pfc.

I also just found THIS although the listing says avcr the info says its for greddy, assuming its the same parts as avcr you have the boost controll kit delivered for a little over $100.(with some wiring to be done of course)

Edited by W0rp3D

Ok guys i have a question with PFC, i have a 1990 r32 gts-t which i have put an rb25det s2 into. Ok so my power fc saves changes e.g. set limiter, turn car off and on, it is still the same.

- i can change the inject % values and latency in ms, then return to menu screen and then back into settings, injector and it changes back

- also i cant change the latency of the injectors from - to + (they are currently - )

Any help would be great, Hame!

changing the % injec value is only meant as a temp change/trouble shooter hence why it dosnt save.

if im correct the reason you cant latency from - to + is because the latency is how long the injector takes to fire after getting the pulse, if it is + then its firing before it is told to fire.

theres the temporary adjustment under inj/ign, this clears everytime you key off. but the injector menu with the % scaling column and the latency correction column are permanent settings.

Hamish, have you tried turning the ignition off and back on after changing the values?

if it wont change at all it might be locked, if so you need datalogit or similar to unlock it. this is assuming all your other settings are definately saving and your eccs relay is working as it should.

theres the temporary adjustment under inj/ign, this clears everytime you key off. but the injector menu with the % scaling column and the latency correction column are permanent settings.

Hamish, have you tried turning the ignition off and back on after changing the values?

if it wont change at all it might be locked, if so you need datalogit or similar to unlock it. this is assuming all your other settings are definately saving and your eccs relay is working as it should.

Hey Jonno, thanks for the reply, i have tried changing the % values and latency correction then key off and on again, values have not saved, ECCS relay is working as it should i assume as other changes (e.g rev limiter adjust) save fine. The motor/ecu was tuned by GT auto in 2009 so perhaps when they tuned the car they looked the settings! I was unaware you could lock such functions though!

Hame

I have done some more research, apparently the pfc boost kit solenoid just plugs into the the stock boost solenoid plug, is this true?

If so i will just use those wires, so all up it will cost me $65, could do it for $35 but that dosnt come with the harness to plug the sensor into the pfc.

from memory on my ECR33 it cut the stock ECR33 boost solenoid plug off and mated it to the powerfc boost solenoid plug

as the solenoid loom came with its own plug and then another socket to bare wires i think

so i just mated it on the ECR33 loom so that i can plug/unplug the powerfc solenoid as i wanted

from memory i didnt fit, but that might have been cos i ordered generic parts and not ECR33 specific

either way its two wires, ground and power

if you get it wrong, it doesnt open/close and you get actuator stock boost

so no harm done if its wrong

I also just found THIS although the listing says avcr the info says its for greddy, assuming its the same parts as avcr you have the boost controll kit delivered for a little over $100.(with some wiring to be done of course)

thats exactly what my parts look like, i ordered mine in bits from nengun seperately

these parts if the pic is correct look fine and a good substitue

the solenoid is a generic open/close solenoid so it would make sense you can use others

i know people who have even used the stock ECR33 boost solenoid with a drill through it to make it run like a normal boost controller (ie jaycar style)

and the map sensor as long as its in the same voltage range, the pfc wont know any better

ive actually got powerfc, RSM and V-AFC in my car and i run the apexi boost map sensor to the powerfc and to the V-AFC

on the V-AFC the scaling is off the planet and no matter what i can do, the boost pressure doesnt match up on the VAFC

i think the VAFC is only designed for honda vacuum and doesnt expect 10+ pSI equivalent voltage

the most i can get it to is like 4 psi or something whacko like that when its actually 12psi at the sensor

also been looking at the i-crusing which is the same headshell unit, but orange display

and you can plug the El2 sensors into it, very costly for entire package but i love the black/orange display

its a shame the shell is silver, as on my dash ive got the black RSM and black VAFC

could almost have the set or colour group like in monopoly

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick question on the pwr fc....

since installing it and having it tuned few months back, my idle speed is just over 1000rpm....

Ive never had issues with idle or idle speed so im assuming it is the settings on the pwr fc because if i go into the settings part and adjust the ign ( 10deg at idle) down to -15 it will idle where i want (900ish)

If i do that will it reduce the timing thru the whole map and stuff up the tune?? or is there another way to adjust the idle?

if you are changing your idle via ignition timing PUT YOUR HAND CONTROLLER DOWN NOW

well i havnt yet, but i did push the down button and saw it idled where i wanted it, but somhow i get the feeling thats not the way to do it.... so i put it back and left it.

ok so can somone tell me how to reduce the idle speed? just need to drop it 200rpm........... without changing any other parameters??:whistling: