SAU Community

keys and the beach

just wondering where you guys put your keys when you go to the beach?

i was thinking like putting the keyring around a thing on my boardies, and leaving the alarm off and leaving the control thing for it in the car

what does everyone else do? i just couldn't leave the keys in my shoes, way too risky

lock your car with immobiliser (key, underthe bonnet)... leave hand control remote in the car, only take your keys...

lock your car (leave open your driverside window), lock your car. leave your key in thr golove console.

lock your window from out side (one pull on window close button)

when u wany to get back in call your RAC :(

Do not leave your keys somewhere on the cars exterior (eg, hidden) or on the beach.

A good friend of mine had his car stolen this way. Scum will actually follow you down the beach and watch where you stash them.

I usually leave the keypad hidden somewhere inside the car, and strap the key inside my pocket (most surfie brand pants have a key string).

Do not leave your keys somewhere on the cars exterior (eg, hidden) or on the beach.  

A good friend of mine had his car stolen this way. Scum will actually follow you down the beach and watch where you stash them.

I usually leave the keypad hidden somewhere inside the car, and strap the key inside my pocket (most surfie brand pants have a key string).

same keypad in car, lock with car key, key on boardies keystring

I can see quite a few R32 GTRs getting nicked this weekend from the coasts round Aust :P

Everyone just telling their secrets!

But yeah, take ya mates GF along, she sits on the beach and minds everything! Even your thongs and skimboard waxes! :D

Little trick I use.'

I have a little tupperware with some seaweed stuck to it. I chuck all my stuff in there, bury it then leave the sea weed out so I can see where I put it. :P Just make sure no-one sees you do it.

Old scool!

have you seen the movie two hands? would make you think twice

but yeah i think i'll just clip it onto the boardies, seeing as i don't have a missus at the moment and the other ideas sound dodgy, especially the anal insertion, :uhh: although it would work, not a big fan of putting things in my butt

lol vb is a good choice!  

its crap beer so no1 will wana take it :P

And here is me thinking VB commo! Hey if you got a wagon then the boards fit in no worries! Solves two probs!

Then you just have to find a way home... (as car wont start for those who arent good at guessing)

in my bag with my wallet, sunnies and phone...right next to my group of chick friends who just wanna sunbake and can't be bothered getting in the water..

still chuck a towel over the bag tho - in case of snatchers..

Usually I go with a group of mates, so someone can usually watch our stuff, but perhaps an idea would be to get one of those plastic bags with the seal top, you could put your keys in there and put it in your boardies. Not sure about taking the key into saltwater without any protection over it.

1 question.

WIth my current car i dont have alarm, only imobaliser so i leave keypad in the car and just take the key. but skyline me getting getting all the gadgets that prob dont do muhc more then the standard 3 point imobaliser, but how can u lock the car and take the key and then u gotta unlock diable alarm with remote that u left in the car? let the car go off for 2 sec while u grab the remote?

I wouldn't leave your alarm off and take your key. That's the reason you have an alarm so if someone hot wires it the alarm is immobilising.

I'd take it with me - but with my daily I just leave my key on the beach on my towel.. Noone's going to take a barina :D

But yeah after hearing all this if I ever take the ceff to the beach I'll be taking the key with me and immobilising it stealth like ;)

I've seen these little boxes that stick to your car. They have a keypad on top, so to open it you have to put in a combination of your choice. I think it even says somthing on the box about hiding your key in it while your at the beach.