SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

Have you guys called up these guys:

Brake Distributors of Australia

(07)5569 2207 or 0414 868 555

They sponsor the SAu QLD club and are DBA dealers. I have dealt with them before for my old 33's brakes and found them great on price, but I got a discount for being club member of course :)

OK I phoned them and asked them for a discounted price, they said $235 each rotor?? Doen't seem that cheap to me.

Sk is there still going to be a group discount happening??

OK I phoned them and asked them for a discounted price, they said $235 each rotor?? Doen't seem that cheap to me.

Sk is there still going to be a group discount happening??

I am working on a Group Buy, brake pads, braided lines and rotors. But it won't be all off the shelf parts, some parts will be tailored to my engineering requirements. In particular the brake pads as I have found NOTHING off the shelf that meets my expectations for hi CoF, no noise, good fade resistence and low dust. I have the compound worked out, just waiting for prototypes to test.

Thye are a couple of weeks away at best.

:) cheers :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brakes are still great, bit too much dust. Now that manufacturers are back from Xmas close downs hoping to try one of my all time favourite compounds. It's the taxi, ambulance, police car, fire engine compound, they last well, good heat and low dust with an OK CoF.

Update shortly.

:P cheers :(

Edited by Sydneykid

• 1 month later...

Query;

It looks like I might be getting a larger set of front brakes (calipers & rotors) in the future.

Has anyone replaced the rear Stagea brakes (calipers & rotors) with those from the front of the Stagea?

Does this sound feasible?

Tangles :D

Asked a mechanically minded mate at work and the answer I got from him was........

Depends if all the mounts were there for the fronts on the back.

The disc should go on, not sure about the caliper, you may have to fabricate something up?

Also when you are making any chnages to the brake system, make sure to make sure that the brake bias is still appropriate, or you will go around locking up your backs all the time :D

Asked a mechanically minded mate at work and the answer I got from him was........

Depends if all the mounts were there for the fronts on the back.

The disc should go on, not sure about the caliper, you may have to fabricate something up?

Also when you are making any chnages to the brake system, make sure to make sure that the brake bias is still appropriate, or you will go around locking up your backs all the time :D

Yes, thats a top point about bias, WD.

Got some info from SK on the matter, I hope you dont mind me posting this info for all Stagea members:

"As you probably already know, the rear rotors have provision for the hand brake drum brakes. I think that will stop you using the front brake callipers on the rear as the pads (and the calliper itself) would hit the drum in the centre of the rotor. Plus I don't think the calliper mounts are the same front and rear, so some adaptor would be needed."

Edited by Tangles

• 3 weeks later...

I have some news for everyone.

SOOOO, as I do, I have been reading through FAST and checking out what parts are from where.

So get this.

My car is built 97/08. Now, there was a model change in August 1998 and one thing they changed was the rear brakes (was checking to see if SK was right the rears were R31 pads)

So, my car, being a newer revision, has R34 N/A rear pads and Nissan Cima Y33 front pads.

So I did some investigation and found that..... cars pre-97/08 dont actually share the same brakes as me. According to FAST, the rear brake pads for the cars pre-mine are R33 N/A, R32 N/A and a heap of others, not R34 like mine and the front pads are the same until 98/08

Just keep that in mind when making any brake kits SK, as if i had bought them, i would have found out there was a revision in the brakes a little to late ($$ wasted)

Though, we could still confirm this by actually testing it car against car.

I have some news for everyone.

SOOOO, as I do, I have been reading through FAST and checking out what parts are from where.

So get this.

My car is built 97/08. Now, there was a model change in August 1998 and one thing they changed was the rear brakes (was checking to see if SK was right the rears were R31 pads)

So, my car, being a newer revision, has R34 N/A rear pads and Nissan Cima Y33 front pads.

So I did some investigation and found that..... cars pre-97/08 dont actually share the same brakes as me. According to FAST, the rear brake pads for the cars pre-mine are R33 N/A, R32 N/A and a heap of others, not R34 like mine and the front pads are the same until 98/08

Just keep that in mind when making any brake kits SK, as if i had bought them, i would have found out there was a revision in the brakes a little to late ($$ wasted)

Though, we could still confirm this by actually testing it car against car.

Isn't August 1998 a Series 2?

Mine is pretty late in the Series 1 build, remember it had Series 2 rear door.

:D cheers :P

Edited by Sydneykid