SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

i found out some info today u guys might like to know. i went to QLD transport today and asked the guys in the compliance office about brake upgrades. he said that fiiting the brakes from a R34 gtt would require a mod plate, but u can fit the brakes from a 260RS (brembos) with no need 4 a mod plate as long as they r from the same year model stagea (but im thinking as long as the part numbers r the same on gtr brembos as stagea, it wont matter). so u guys that have done the gtt upgrade may want to check, as u could have voided ur insurance!! whats that gonna cost ya!!

good info

I've found that simply using stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear has improved the braking 100fold.

That and front slotted DBA rotors off the shelf, with new stnd Bendix pads.

very very very very good and sufficient braking right there ^ at bugger all cost and heartache

definately a "performance" upgrade in my opinion. all you have to do is provide your insurance broker a list of all your mods and its all good (I use Shannons).

just asked my local nissan dealer regarding s2 stagea brakes

jap codes as follows

Front AY040-NS098

Rear AYO60-NS029

he said he was going to try and find out more about them and how to get them in will let you know how i go

Hi having my pads rebonded should have them back this week will let all know how it goes and price ! Running modified navara 01 3.0 turbo diesel pads at moment till i get my pads back ! have been running these pads for 10 months without a problem and have been brutal on them at times . will inform on my other pads asap !

good info

I've found that simply using stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear has improved the braking 100fold.

That and front slotted DBA rotors off the shelf, with new stnd Bendix pads.

very very very very good and sufficient braking right there ^ at bugger all cost and heartache

definately a "performance" upgrade in my opinion. all you have to do is provide your insurance broker a list of all your mods and its all good (I use Shannons).

where did u get the braided lines from?? did u ask 4 stagea 1s or do u have to ask 4 something else that still fits stagea (example: ask 4 skyline R33 gtst or something)

AlexCim went to Maltech and got them custom made - they now do them for Stagea's. He had an accident, I bought his brake parts so thats where these came from. Contact Maltech in VIC and get prices; not expensive & good value IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've been watching this topic with some interest.

But don't believe I've seen a definitive answer yet for a series 2 stagea on brake rotors

and pads that can bolt straight on like original equipment no machining OD down 5-6mm etc....

I would like to just walk into a bursons, repco, autobahn..etc..... buy rotors, pads go home bolt

them on and be back on the road in 2hrs.

Am I dreamin??

Pete :rofl:

Hi All,

I've been watching this topic with some interest.

But don't believe I've seen a definitive answer yet for a series 2 stagea on brake rotors

and pads that can bolt straight on like original equipment no machining OD down 5-6mm etc....

I would like to just walk into a bursons, repco, autobahn..etc..... buy rotors, pads go home bolt

them on and be back on the road in 2hrs.

Am I dreamin??

Pete :ph34r:

G`day dreamer ???,i have been chasing pad`s since dec 06 no luck,unless you pay top $ for gen part`s i think it was $228 for front pad`s.so at the moment it`s rebond`s,i have tryed to find old set of pad`s no luck ???? i am chasing a importer hear in perth for pad`s.had some luck with serivce kit`s for auto`s so hope he will come up with PAD`S,i will talk to him next week good kuck Pete,chuckie.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on Chuckie.

My searches thus far have only been web based, just information gathering on possible sources, part numbers etc....

Will hit the phones/workshops soon with queries and post any info i get.

Pete

G`day dreamer ???,i have been chasing pad`s since dec 06 no luck,unless you pay top $ for gen part`s i think it was $228 for front pad`s.so at the moment it`s rebond`s,i have tryed to find old set of pad`s no luck ???? i am chasing a importer hear in perth for pad`s.had some luck with serivce kit`s for auto`s so hope he will come up with PAD`S,i will talk to him next week good kuck Pete,chuckie.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on Chuckie.

My searches thus far have only been web based, just information gathering on possible sources, part numbers etc....

Will hit the phones/workshops soon with queries and post any info i get.

Pete

hey guys you could always try the compliance shops for stock type pads .i have a full set here as spares thet i got off darrin spencer pads rotors calipers front and rears so i should be sweet for a while .

Hi There,

Thanks for the feedback.

Just found this link, not sure if anyone has seen/mentioned it before.

Looking at the picture they look fairly similar to whats on my car,

will have a better look tomorrow morning.

The Z33 is real popular i seem them everywhere, same listing/same pad?

Maybe check out the stock at the shops for Z33 pads as a possibility.

Fingers crossed this leads to an option.. :glare:

Pete

http://www.fujibrake.co.jp/pads/fblpad_e.php?fblno=AFP385S

Hi There,

Here's a link for the rear pads,

Pete

http://www.fujibrake.co.jp/pads/fblpad_e.php?fblno=AFP265S

Hi There,

Thanks for the feedback.

Just found this link, not sure if anyone has seen/mentioned it before.

Looking at the picture they look fairly similar to whats on my car,

will have a better look tomorrow morning.

The Z33 is real popular i seem them everywhere, same listing/same pad?

Maybe check out the stock at the shops for Z33 pads as a possibility.

Fingers crossed this leads to an option.. :glare:

Pete

http://www.fujibrake.co.jp/pads/fblpad_e.php?fblno=AFP385S

awesome work on the part numbers listings have been looking for something like this for ages.

i reckon the mods or anyone else who knows how to, need to put this in the sticky section under the parts listings etc.?

good work there NEO

cheers oxford