SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Typical Nissan, the Stagea S2 front brake pad is the same as Infinity M35, M45 and Q45. The MFSI number is 7766 D888. They are very popular models in the US, so any decent US brake web site should be able to supply them for you. While I was doing the race team cars orders for next year, I just ordered some Hawk HPS compound pads for our S1, they were under $US300 for the full set, delivered. I can't see the S2 pads being much different in price.

I was going to check out the interest on a Group Buy, after I have tested the HPS's for a month or so. I was thinking Hawk pads and DBA 4000 series rotors (machined to the correct sizes of course). Thoughts?

Cheers

Gary

This pad appears on Bendix Australia's website:

http://www.bendix.com.au/ProductCatalogue....;FromHomePage=1

It is apparrently for USA-spec' Infiniti Q45. Maybe your local Bendix stockist can get these in...?

Hi All

Anyone been down the path of front and rear pads for M35 Stagea. Interested in any info.

Regards

Murray

Hi Murray

I am in the process of getting a quote on Hawk brake pads from the US. The pads are the same an Infinity G35 and in the US there are lots of aftermarket options. I am told the Hawk HPS pads are very good. I know the fronts are about $70US + freight. Once I get the price on the rears I will post it up. Minimum order they will do is $200US.

Cheers

Andy

For all Series 2 Stagea Owners, that may be interested, as suggested by SK a while back, I have found both a US supplier and local supplier of the lucrative FRONT brake pads (HAWK).

1. From the US

Lining Number: 7766, FMSI Number: D888, Hawk Number: HB387, Pad Thickness: 0.547", Compound: HPS

Front Brake Pads for: 2004-03 Infiniti M45, 2004-02 Infiniti Q45

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/Merchant2..._Code=HB387-547

2. Local Hawk supplier in NSW- V Sport Sydney

V-Sport Sydney

Unit 3, 19 Penny Place

Arndell Park NSW 2148

P: +61 2 9679 8644

F: +61 2 9679 8655

M: 0437 VSPORT (877 678)

W: www.vsport.com.au

E: [email protected]

I emailed them and this is the response I got from Tony Dunn;

" I have looked into this and from the specifications found your Stagea S2 is supposed to have HB387 on the front and HB437 on the rear.

Our price for the HB387F and HB437F pads is $140/set plus $12 postage, these are not in stock and would need to be ordered in from the US approx 2 weeks for delivery.

Best Regards,

Tony Dunn"

The total cost delivered was about the same from the US or from the local supplier- I would deal with the local guy for peace of mind, but note the 2 week delivery required from the US. The fitment has also been confirmed by V Sport for the Stagea Series 2......

Rear Disc Rotors - I am going to try DBA 4908 (R32GTR), modified by maching down the OD by 30mm, all of the other dimensions are the same. This is a rather drastic reduction, I will have to check them for cracking for a few weeks before I sign off on their suitability.

DBA has these rotors in stock currently.

:)

Well this is an interesting situation;

I've just got a quote on new genuine discs for my S1 RS4V, and as per my own research, the confirmed part number is 43206-4P000.

(~$150 each FWIW)

Now the funny thing is that in the Nissan Parts Master software, this number is also shown to be suited to R34 25GT & R34 20GT, along with the Y33 & Y34 Glorias, plus the C35 Laurel (interesting that the C34 Laurel isn't mentioned...).

Ok, so when we cross-reference this information with our 'trusty' DBA catalogue, we get...

DBA 908 series

The problem I think is that the DBA catalogue lists both the 25GT & 25GTt as (incorrectly?) having the same rear disc.

Can someone confirm this?

I guess where it would be nice is if DBA start making the 'correct' rear R34 25GT disc, we can use it on our WC34's (well the RS4's until August 1998).

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have the part numbers for standard series 1 rear rotors. And are they only available through nissan or are there aftermarket options.

Thanks for that, I saw your post above but didn't know if you were talking about front or rear rotors.

Now while I'm at it, has anyone else tried SK's method of using DBA R32GTR slotted rotors for the rear with the 30mm OD machining. I don't mind going down this route but want to know if it ended up cracking or not as I haven't seen any updated information for this.

And finally does anyone know a good DBA distributer in Birsbane that they've used to get these rotors in.

Thanks again guys.

Also on a side note I jumped on Importmonster.com and found heaps of different rotors, pads etc for both series Stagea's on the yahoo japan auctions. EMS shipping isn't too bad and at least they are all Stagea specific. Might have to wait a bit but for all the stuffing around here in Australia it might be worth it????

Also on a side note I jumped on Importmonster.com and found heaps of different rotors, pads etc for both series Stagea's on the yahoo japan auctions. EMS shipping isn't too bad and at least they are all Stagea specific. Might have to wait a bit but for all the stuffing around here in Australia it might be worth it????

G`day why is it worth waiting for pad`s when yon can get then here i only have to wait aday for series 2 rebond`s so what`s hard about that ???? series1 off the shelf,good luck on your wait ??,cheer`s chuckie

G`day why is it worth waiting for pad`s when yon can get then here i only have to wait aday for series 2 rebond`s so what`s hard about that ???? series1 off the shelf,good luck on your wait ??,cheer`s chuckie

Who carries them in Perth Chuckie?

Edited by rb

Yeah ok chuckie I was talking more about stagea specific rotors from stock to slotted etc... I KNOW how easy it is to get pads I've done it before. Rotors not so easy, yes yes before you say anything S14 DBA's work for the front and I'm ordering a set as I speak but rears are something different all together if you want something other than stock that bolts straight on. And besides that it was only a suggestion as to the variety you can get from Japan if you want to....!!

Yeah I've just ordered a set of these off ebay for my series 1. He had both series up for auction. Its a couple of weeks before I do my brakes anyway so it seemed an easy way to go for me. My DBA slotted fronts are on there way from Justjap and my slotted rears are being ordered through japanparts.com right now....by the way I think a few guys on here have used japanparts.com before but they have been really helpful. I just gove them the URL of the part I wanted and they have sorted it all out for me. Also have to recomend Maltech for the braided lines too. Steve has been very helpful and they will be here on Tuesday, only ordered them yesterday and you get quite a choice of colours etc....And man he must be up late because I work night shift and have been ordering all my parts online relying on emails and so forth and he always replies straight away even after 10 to 11pm.

These are not a regular Japanparts.com item. I found these myself and gove the parts numbers and site to Koji at JP.com and he set up a special item for my sale, it was a strage part number and I'd never find it again on the JP.com site.

These are Dixcel rotors P/N: 325 2018. Here is the PDF link to there whole JDM catalogue http://www.dixcel.co.jp/list/rotor_list/domesticcar_r.pdf its long but it has series 1 and 2 listings for both front and rear rotors and pads of varying types. the 325 2018 number is a base number for series 1 rear rotors then you add the letters on the end for what type of rotor you want (eg. PD is the sports rotor but is basically a OEM style rotor) and so on. Go to www.dixcel.co.jp to find out what types of rotors they have and then just add the 2 letters to the part number, email this info with the details of your car and website to Japanparts.com and they will do the rest. I just paid by paypal and it ended up cheaper than 2 OEM nissan rotors so I'm happy. 10 to 15 days isn't too bad either for stagea specific rotors. They are very quick to reply an are extreemly helpful even on weekends.

Any other info you need just PM me.

*Edit* I should add I ended up just going with the PD or sports non slotted rotor only because my budget for the car atm is pretty tight as I'm doing so much to the car but they definatley do a slotted rotor and from when I was pricing rear 32GTR rotors from DBA it was still going to work out cheaper to by the Dixcel slotted and shipped to my door and no maching required.

Edited by Mr_RS4