SAU Community

Stagea Brakes

Sydneykid

pfft!

my front rims clear the calipers by 1-2mm :(

was looking at a set of 33 GTR brembo's.. but i dont want to change my rims, and id prefer not to use spacers..

guess kylie doesnt get my GTS-T calipers :)

what rotors are they brad, DBA5000?

also, did you need to do anything with the master cylinder upgrading the brakes?

pfft!

my front rims clear the calipers by 1-2mm :(

was looking at a set of 33 GTR brembo's.. but i dont want to change my rims, and id prefer not to use spacers..

guess kylie doesnt get my GTS-T calipers :)

what rotors are they brad, DBA5000?

also, did you need to do anything with the master cylinder upgrading the brakes?

yer dba5000 330mm and master cylinder is stock ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I just fitted a set of front and rear R34 GTT disks and calipers

I also fitted the R34 GTT booster and master, fitted with no problems in a series 2

The booster has a different part number to the Stagea, so I assume they are different inside. They look the same on outside

Can you please post some pics of your install darren? I am planning on upgrading my S1 brakes to 33 gtst calipers soon but what im wondering is will i definately need to upgrade my master cylinder to gtst as well?

• 5 weeks later...

Hey,

While I'm still a stocker, thought you might like to know I got a set of front pads today. Our local, Mt Tamborine

Spare Parts supplier got me a set. Like SK suggested way back, I got Lucas/TRW with the Australian Reference DB1398.

Incidently they are nade in the EU. Price was $121. Local mechanic fitted them for $20 and a six pack. Very Sweet.

Hey,

While I'm still a stocker, thought you might like to know I got a set of front pads today. Our local, Mt Tamborine

Spare Parts supplier got me a set. Like SK suggested way back, I got Lucas/TRW with the Australian Reference DB1398.

Incidently they are nade in the EU. Price was $121. Local mechanic fitted them for $20 and a six pack. Very Sweet.

wow thats cheap hugh well done and for the labor too well done. I like the 6 pack bit. LOL!

Sk by aby chance whats the reference for the Lucan for the brembos pads? I want to check how much are they. Cos i know a place they wanted like $200/paor of fronts. If i can save abit more its going to be cool.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys.

I need some replacement discs and pads for my S2 RWD turbo stag.

Does anyone have any ideas on part numbers and sizes for these? I have heard they are different to the 4wd and non turbo brakes and the discs may possibly match to r32 turbo?

Anyone have any info?

Cheers!

The dimensions I was given for the front rotors for an S2 Stagea were off an RS4. I have fitted the R33GTST rotors to an S2 RS4 and they fit perfectly (after machining down the 6 mm of course). So I can only assume that the RS-V is different. The way to confirm this is to measure the standard RS-V rotors.

These are the dimensions of the RS4 front rotor (R33GTST in brackets);

OD = 290 mm (296 mm)

New height = 54 mm (54 mm)

New rotor thickness = 28 mm (30 mm)

Minimum thickness = 26 mm (28 mm)

Centre hole ID= 68 mm (68 mm)

Studs = 5 (5)

Obviously the dimension in question is the height (ie; 54 mm).

It is worth mention that ALL R32's, R33's, R34's (including Brembo equipped ones) plus S14's and S15's come with front rotors of 54 mm height.

There was sufficient room (with the pistons fully retracted in the callipers) to fit the Bendix brake padss, ie; the extra 1 mm of rotor thickness (each side), was not an issue.

:D cheers :rofl:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just redid the entire brake system on the Stagea

DBA slotted fronts as per this thread

Bendix 1250 front pads

Bendix 1144 rear pads

Genuine Nissan rear brake discs

Genuine Nissan rear handbrake shoes

Rebuilt all the brake calipers (new seals, new pistons in 1, cleaned, some silver coating, greased)

The total was about $1250

yeah they have been perfect.

With the stock brakes I used to get fade after more than 1 stop with the car trailer on the back, and if I was giving it a thrash. No fade at all yet with the 32 gtr/rbf 600/bendix ultimates/dba4000 rotors set up.

My S2 upgrade consisted of R34 Gtt brakes, front and back, only difference from the R33 GTSt is that the front rotors are larger at 310mm, fitted nicely under the stock rims, about 3mm to spare. Front calipers also have longer mounts.

DBA R34Gtt Rotors, R34Gtt wreckers calipers(rebuilt),R32 GTR goodridge stainless/teflon brake hoses and MINTEX Xtreme pads.

All work perfect

Edited by chook