SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

Cheers guys , I've made my mind up , the 30 will stay , with turbo kit , when it blows I'll slap the 20 in :D , I have a flowed 25 turbo , gtr injectors and a z32 laying about I'm sooo tempted to whack on the 30 , I doubt the gearbox will take it for long though lol

good choice!

Fairly minor, but got my brakes bled last night.. 4th attempt. They kept going to the floor on the first pump. Brodie tried once, same deal. Brodie then worked out the calipers must have a nipple on each side, which I had totally overlooked. Now I have a nice firm pedal. I won't set fire to it after all. Fitted my lexan rear screen a week or so back. Fitted up some rear camber arms. Brodie has sussed out costs and thinks we can build a trailer for roughly 2.5k, hopefully that works out. Another 4k or so should see the car trackable so aiming for end of the year to have everything sorted.

Fairly minor, but got my brakes bled last night.. 4th attempt. They kept going to the floor on the first pump. Brodie tried once, same deal. Brodie then worked out the calipers must have a nipple on each side, which I had totally overlooked. Now I have a nice firm pedal. I won't set fire to it after all. Fitted my lexan rear screen a week or so back. Fitted up some rear camber arms. Brodie has sussed out costs and thinks we can build a trailer for roughly 2.5k, hopefully that works out. Another 4k or so should see the car trackable so aiming for end of the year to have everything sorted.

This is good news Jack. :banana:

Trailers, mmm I think we will build one, see exact costing and go from there. I only want a very very basic one. No tyre rack etc. Will be around end of the year I reckon before we look at building one.

• Like 1

Small update on the whale.

Ended up selling the superlites & was going to run 16x10 steelies but have gone back to 18's

So now running 18x11 all round (anyone know if advan a048's are road legal)

PIcs: looks like a 4x4 now compared to the superlites.

post-71390-0-89162300-1373246677_thumb.jpg

post-71390-0-43997900-1373246785_thumb.jpeg

R31 sold :(

Ended up getting a good price for it tho, and now have no worries about it sitting around etc

So tempted to spend the money from that on the stagea, but will have to resist. I'll probably allocate a small amount to cover maintenance items that are a bit overdue

Small update on the whale.

Ended up selling the superlites & was going to run 16x10 steelies but have gone back to 18's

So now running 18x11 all round (anyone know if advan a048's are road legal)

Looks better than the superlights. sure they are 11's? must have a pretty high offset?

A048's are fine on the road, just dont expect them to last to long. the wear pretty quick.

Looks better than the superlights. sure they are 11's? must have a pretty high offset?

A048's are fine on the road, just dont expect them to last to long. the wear pretty quick.

Definitely 11's +25 offset I believe. They would sit flush/poke a little if I hadn't raped my guards trying to fit the superlites.

Made up some fully mad blank plates to block some unwanted openings in my front bar. Only got one strip to go the other opening will be for my brake ducting. Probably don't need brake ducting for a super sprint/hill climb car but what the hell. Also playing around with some canard/dive plates just fiddly stuff. Cost nothing to do as the material is laying around. Got a new oil cooler kit and accusump kit planned and sussed out too. Dropped my new rear wheels off today to be soda blasted so they can get and coat of ye old bleck. Gonna shitcan my original surge tank setup, and go with one of the proflow 5 litre jobs, just a bit neater and will do the job nicely. Also went and spoke to Steve Caplice thismorning, and the news was all good. The car is legal to do the events I'm shooting for, and a bonus was he said my car can Infact be log booked for events up to state level competition, which means it could be passed for super series. That's not what I'm planning on but nice to know it could be done. The old snotter will be lapping in the not too distance future, biggest hurdle is gonna be car trailer. Til i've got one its gonna be a 'bar off job' to transport it. Not ideal but doable I guess. image_zps539c4714.jpg

Edited by Mr. Untouchable

• 2 weeks later...

Think I've seen your car sitting at Adam's Beau? He does a pretty good job with fabbing intake piping/exhaust piping etc. from what I've seen.

Can anyone confirm for me, that the gauge cluster in an R32 has the boost gauge above the fuel gauge for a GTST, battery voltage gauge for GTS, or front torque gauge for GTS4/GTR?

Can anyone confirm for me, that the gauge cluster in an R32 has the boost gauge above the fuel gauge for a GTST, battery voltage gauge for GTS, or front torque gauge for GTS4/GTR?

that is correct

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone get the gktech email? I signed up too late but apparently its one of their products at about 70% off!

Just wondering what it was that they can sell at such a high discount

Also, i bought a full set of their 15-30mm spacers from a guy at the drifting the other day, just waiting for my long wheel nuts to come from gktech so i can put them on :D