SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

hmmm, how about u give me your new one then :angry:

$1600 and its yours ;)

Cleaned up the last of glass and crap that was left buy the little turds that tried to steal my car (got a nice bit of glass in the hand as well :rofl: )

Going to take the Bride fixed back seats out and put the GTR seats in i have so i fixed up the rails i have and they now slide smoothly back and forth.

Going to keep the blue beast as a DrifTas promo car while Bart and i sort out the build process of the new promo car. (Man i cant wait to do this :D )

So that means i will be putting another engine in (want to go low comp RB25DE) but will settle for anything to get it back on the road. (this means will settle for anything in the RB family )

Going to tidy up the few little dents and everything overall on the bodywork and i might put the other front bar on, still not 100% sure about that yet!!!

I've ordered some nice BIG DrifTas stickers that will go on the front and rear windscreen (and also some logo stickers as well.

I dumby fitted the GTR rims this morning and GOD they are horn :kiss:

Id love to keep them as they look great on the car, especially with the colour but i know i have to sell em to pay for motor and next months morgage

Other than that i have a few other little things to do to tidy up the inside of the car (and im looking for another AC control as mine is buggered) and then it will get a stiffer set of springs and the old girl will be complete for me to start driving again as a daily.

Although i will be changing the clutch over (Gobbey, Nick feel like some fun again ) as it was already slipping b4 she went "POP"

Cheers GMB

• 6 months later...

My car is at home jacked up in the driveway with no gearbox. After my last outing at the drags after getting it tuned i broke the 3rd/4th gear selector fork. The box will be fixed by the end of the week but no more drags for me till i find a decent auto to handle the power i am chaseing. Just under 400rwkw was recorded at 17.4psi on the dyno at Chris Colgraves. The new tune will be a few weeks away and i am planning on running 22-25psi.

Other than that LAG SUCKS!!!

i'm racing to get my car done for feb 4 track day, i need to be there to get 1 event signed off so i can get my rally licence. I got to finish putting the oil cooler on, fit the new brakes, and get a tune.

I'm putting together a suspension package for the 31 coupe. 350LB/40mm lower springs in the front, cusco camber tops, solid bushes in the rear subframe, 310lb/40mm lower rear springs, Bilstein/Nissan SVD dampers in the back (hopefully, haven't finalised the sale on the dampers). Oh and 25mm spacers in the back for some more track width (and looks, ha ha ). Should all be in soon.

Then it just needs the LSD rebuilt, seems to have lost preload and open wheels even in the rain under load. However the HR31's R200 is the old mechanical 2 way type so should be able to shim, spring and plate it up to be damn tight.

Next step after that is a bigger fuel pump, and a decent 'cooler (thinking GT-R cooler and staino or aluminium pipes, 120 degree bend off throttle body layout).

Otherwise pretty happy, VG30DET turbo was an awesome upgrade, even with the stock cooler and everything else, much quicker on 10psi with the VG than on 14psi with the tiny stocker.

New addition:

gts2tp1.jpg

If anyone doesn't know what this is, it's an R31 Skyline Silhouette GTS2, but one of only 7 made for the Tas Police.

Plans....

Within a month or so: Turbo conversion. Should double the 100rwkw output.

have 2/3's of the required parts on the way, just got my new H/D clutch this morning.

Just bought whiteline heavy duty front and rear swaybars & strut braces so that should make a difference. then im chasing more power as im board with what its got atm. I think i will need to upgrade the ignition side of thing before adding more boost. WogsRus how would you rate the splitfires?

Hay Al R33, yeah splitfires work a charm, deffinate improvment, eaven with teh stock ECU, got better fuel ecconomy, and a much fatter spark, MUCH fatter spark. I had issues with missing still at high rpm, turned out to be the stock ecu, the new Central 20 ECU rocks, no miss, going to see if i can get a bigger gap in to get some more fuel ecconomy out of the car.

Price wise i got mine trhough slide, took 4 days delived form Japan, can't complain.

Hay Al_R33 make sure when you order the coils you get the correct ones, the Series 1 and Series 2 coils are different.

Slide has had issues with incorrect items being ordered and not being refunded.

One and only Toddles.

Im still not 2 keen on the swap cause its a track use only car but atleast its running and i can drive it unlike mine :(

hmmmm, I think you could get a better deal... I think you would be better off with a roadable car dude.

there are some sick track only cars out there for cheap prices and a swap is always tempting as it can make life easier in the short term, but you should really think about it (sure you are and I am not trying to tell you what to do, get offering a helpful suggestion)

Just fitted new gearbox.

Great to hear Leigh, so does that mean we will be seeing you at the drift event Feb 3 :D

hmmmm, I think you could get a better deal... I think you would be better off with a roadable car dude.

there are some sick track only cars out there for cheap prices and a swap is always tempting as it can make life easier in the short term, but you should really think about it (sure you are and I am not trying to tell you what to do, get offering a helpful suggestion)

Yes and no, honestly mate im so over cars now that i wouldnt mind having a track car to play with, for one its not going to cost me rego, insurance i dont have to worry about it being road legal and noise meeting EPA, there is always SI rego to and from events.

The plus out of all of it is that i get rid of the 32 that has just zapped me of everything and its one step closer to another bike and we all know i want another bike :P

Cheers for the advice though, its what im wanting to hear :P

GMB