SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

back to stock, humm, not really, well time wise anyway....

.... Should have taken the extra warranty. LOL.

HEHEEH LOL pity a warranty doesnt cover Wog tinkering :)

Shit to hear that shes not running right... mine might be better soon, once i put the shift kit on and the Power FC... Well i hope so anyway... only time will tell..

Maybe i should be looking into some insurance against my tinkering ehhehe LOL :laugh:

By the Way when are u coming up to Launceston next wog??? 16th or 17th?

yeah i am preatty sure i saw a cluase stating "IF WOG TOUCHES THIS CAR ALL CLAMES BECOME NULL AND VOID" Lol

The car runs a charm all other times, just a dog to get started. DAM IT.

She is fine warm, juts not cold.

Wogs,

Mine is like that when i come to starting in the morning. It never starts the first time But will allways start the second time. But i put my probelm down to having a power fc & maby it gets way to much fuel.

And in regards to whats going on with everyones car. Dr drift tuned mine the other week and bascailly brought my boost on from 18psi @ 4660rpm to 18psi @ 3350rpm. So it put a big smile on my face when it hits boost that early and wheel spin!!!

Edited by al_r33

yeah i am preatty sure i saw a cluase stating "IF WOG TOUCHES THIS CAR ALL CLAMES BECOME NULL AND VOID" Lol

The car runs a charm all other times, just a dog to get started. DAM IT.

She is fine warm, juts not cold.

your start up problem wouldnt be from testing the cylender pressure, ive done mine (yes it was perfect) and never had a problem. ive got a leak down tester and something even better, its called teekay head check and it tells you if theres any gasses that shouldnt be in the water in there. i personally think its something quite simple thats wrong with your car. have you had your injectors cleaned and flow tested?.

and, does your car still have that mid range flat spot?, im about to spend a lil cash on my 33 to make it go a lil better and wanna research as much as possible :P

Hi Toff.

Yeah well when i did teh compression test, the car started fine the next two times, so possibly i bumped a wire somehere and made things all good. No idea.

I think it is something simple too, but not sure what. My fuel ecconomy sux though, i have been getting 300-350 out of a tank, use to get a hell of a lot more, but the plugs all look thesame.

The Injectors are stock, and have not been cleaned ultrasonicly or anything, but the plugs look identical, so i presume that it is actually ok.

I went to goranges yesturday, and they did that sniffer test, teh one when you hook up a probe to measure the hydrocarbons in the water, and it came back negative, didn't eaven budge, but that still does not rule out the head gasket.

I had a bitt of a fiddle last night, and i took out the hose to the cold start valve and found allthough you could blow through it, it wasn't easy to do so, so maybe that is the culprit, when warm it is fully closed, so it does work, but possibly not oppening fully.

So i think it is eathier fuel or headgasket, or a sensor, could be AFM, warm up. LOL. sound slike a lot of ors.

In regards to the flat spot, nope mate, have a look at my Kutsie take 2 post, the new computer sorghted all that out.

I need to get a hold of consults for myself, that way in the morning i can plug it in and see what it does.

The thing that sux the most, is that seing as you can only do it when cold in the morning, it is hard to diagnose the plroblem any other time.

ALSO, how much would you charge to do a leak down test done. I can come and take all the plugs out and so forth. PM me if possible.

The hunt continues.

Hi Toff.

Yeah well when i did teh compression test, the car started fine the next two times, so possibly i bumped a wire somehere and made things all good. No idea.

I think it is something simple too, but not sure what. My fuel ecconomy sux though, i have been getting 300-350 out of a tank, use to get a hell of a lot more, but the plugs all look thesame.

The Injectors are stock, and have not been cleaned ultrasonicly or anything, but the plugs look identical, so i presume that it is actually ok.

I went to goranges yesturday, and they did that sniffer test, teh one when you hook up a probe to measure the hydrocarbons in the water, and it came back negative, didn't eaven budge, but that still does not rule out the head gasket.

I had a bitt of a fiddle last night, and i took out the hose to the cold start valve and found allthough you could blow through it, it wasn't easy to do so, so maybe that is the culprit, when warm it is fully closed, so it does work, but possibly not oppening fully.

So i think it is eathier fuel or headgasket, or a sensor, could be AFM, warm up. LOL. sound slike a lot of ors.

In regards to the flat spot, nope mate, have a look at my Kutsie take 2 post, the new computer sorghted all that out.

I need to get a hold of consults for myself, that way in the morning i can plug it in and see what it does.

The thing that sux the most, is that seing as you can only do it when cold in the morning, it is hard to diagnose the plroblem any other time.

ALSO, how much would you charge to do a leak down test done. I can come and take all the plugs out and so forth. PM me if possible.

The hunt continues.

mate i seriously doubt it would be your headgasket, honestly i think its something computer orientated because what you describe is a cold start issue, reset the computer once more then run another diagnostic :D . where did you get the central20 ecu from and how much btw mate?

The ecu was freeeeee, i sold my old one, and the new one was $180, which was the same price i sold mine for.

It works a charm. Yeah i think you are right, it's electrical, or a leaking injector.

Who knows, i hate electrics.

your start up problem wouldnt be from testing the cylender pressure, ive done mine (yes it was perfect) and never had a problem. ive got a leak down tester and something even better, its called teekay head check and it tells you if theres any gasses that shouldnt be in the water in there. i personally think its something quite simple thats wrong with your car. have you had your injectors cleaned and flow tested?.

and, does your car still have that mid range flat spot?, im about to spend a lil cash on my 33 to make it go a lil better and wanna research as much as possible :P

hey toffy a start for your research on how to get rid of the flat spot shoud start with a PM to sydney kid as he has heaps of experiance at it. also i read in the thread about the jacar electroninc boost controler and air fuel controler that SK fitted to his stagea that he was able to tune that "flat spot" out with thoes 2 controlers. im pretty sure he used the benifits from both not just 1 of them to do it as i belive he found that the EBC controled the boost over the "flat spot" better than any other type of EBC and the air fuel controler helped with the rest. he highly recomended the 2 and said that it was probably the pest and cheapest product on the market for fixing that flat spot.

anyway maybe that helped .

The ecu was freeeeee, i sold my old one, and the new one was $180, which was the same price i sold mine for.

It works a charm. Yeah i think you are right, it's electrical, or a leaking injector.

Who knows, i hate electrics.

oh yeah, so you bought it second hand then? ;)

hey toffy a start for your research on how to get rid of the flat spot shoud start with a PM to sydney kid as he has heaps of experiance at it. also i read in the thread about the jacar electroninc boost controler and air fuel controler that SK fitted to his stagea that he was able to tune that "flat spot" out with thoes 2 controlers. im pretty sure he used the benifits from both not just 1 of them to do it as i belive he found that the EBC controled the boost over the "flat spot" better than any other type of EBC and the air fuel controler helped with the rest. he highly recomended the 2 and said that it was probably the pest and cheapest product on the market for fixing that flat spot.

anyway maybe that helped .

cheers for that mate :yes: , i shall annoy them for some info :P

YEAH THE ecu was second hand, and worth it. There are some kicking arround on the net all the time. I go this one cos i knwo what it had done on a previous car, wiht no issues.

Ok so did some more snoping arround.

The fuel injectors are fine as far as i can tell. The pump seams to hold pressure ok.

I cleaned up all the conectors, inside engine bay, and ECU.

Checked watter, defnatly ok, so far. Well i think, there was a little missing, but that was becaus ei opend the cap 3 times with watter spilling out when the engine was hot.

BUT what i found, was that if the AFM was disconnected, the car started fine, as per usual, no isses no splatters or anything.

Does this mean the AFM is stuffed, or possibly a massive air leak, My vacume is about 17 mmHg on the guage.

Hay toffy, if you read this, can i borrow an AFm for two days to test if this is teh couse.

You have no idea how much im hating you right now :)

Good luck with the shake down :ninja:

It sure is fun on the street, thats when its on boost but the tyres arent liking it at all. Off boost she feels like a standard old skyline with a bit more noise.

Ok, my R31 GTS2 is now turboed and I am one happy camper. Only managed 170rwkw on the dyno today, but that was at 7.5psi.......

Need to open the exhaust size up to stop choking it and I can wind hopefully 12psi into it, should get me close to my 200rwkw aim.

>_<

Ok, my R31 GTS2 is now turboed and I am one happy camper. Only managed 170rwkw on the dyno today, but that was at 7.5psi.......

Need to open the exhaust size up to stop choking it and I can wind hopefully 12psi into it, should get me close to my 200rwkw aim.

:D

Good effort mate, top stuff

hope you get the 200kw you were hoping for

Don't forget to take me for a spin sometime...... :ermm::laugh: