SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

so direct feed to wastagate, so the gate is doing all the work. Is there any chance that the gate line has a split in it, or that some how the gate is not opening propely.

I don't know. LOL.

Well the vacuum line came from a reputable hose shop locally, so that's just fine :dry:

The wastegate does work, because it controls boost in 1st second and most of the time 3rd gear.

But say you're cruising at 80 in 4th........you put your foot down what happens...........the engine starts to load up, boost slowly comes on and the car pulls away.

Mine......I barely put the foot down and boost freely gets up there pushing 1 bar but only with the extra boost does the car go anywhere, certainly not loading up the engine.

its VERY VERY annoying.

• 1 month later...

So new motor has been purchased (pick up on friday) ready to do the change over this Saturday, if all goes well then the car "should" be running Saturday arvo :action-smiley-069:

i have some tidy up things before i can register it again but nothing too major or costly "thank god"

3 more sleeps and i will have gate again :blink:

Wog will finally see how an RB is supposed to sound :wave:

The difference is I can still beet you but mine is all nice and civilised, quiet and refrained. LOL.

Glad to see you finally go it back on the road.

Will you still be selling it then?

I just came into a lot of CASH, so see what's what, but I want to build a 500kw monsta.

Edited by WogsRus

The difference is I can still beet you but mine is all nice and civilised, quiet and refrained. LOL.

Glad to see you finally go it back on the road.

Will you still be selling it then?

I just came into a lot of CASH, so see what's what, but I want to build a 500kw monsta.

:laughing-smiley-014: you can still beat me can you...

You nugget you dont even know if i have changed the set up and you cant get more "sleeper' than my car :)

It is still 4 SALE, time for me to move on from imports for a little while :rant:

a little birdy tells me that the setup is still the same AFAIK.

anyway, i recon my motor is about to blow or something, cos when it's cold, and it getrs a bit of a boot full, i get some gray smoke out the exhaust, only a little but enough to know it is there.

NO issues when warm, or on deceleration ect, It hasn't use any oil, if it has i can't tell. Maybe the stock turbo at 15psi is FINALY starting to let go.

Anyone have a motor lying arround?

anyway, i recon my motor is about to blow or something, cos when it's cold, and it getrs a bit of a boot full, i get some gray smoke out the exhaust, only a little but enough to know it is there.

NO issues when warm, or on deceleration ect, It hasn't use any oil, if it has i can't tell. Maybe the stock turbo at 15psi is FINALY starting to let go.

Mines been doing that for months and i've been in 3 drift days since :thumbsup: I wouldnt worry about it too much

You of all people should know not to listen to little birdies :/

Buy Benno's long motor he has 4 SALE seeing as he's turned to the dark side :thumbsup:

Mines been doing that for months and i've been in 3 drift days since :happy: I wouldnt worry about it too much

Thats cause its a lil ol 20 Stu and they like the punishment, unlike there older sister the 25...

How much is Benno asking for it, and who is he, any contacts ect.

Yeah not sure if it is teh seals or just the turbo having enough of my punishment.

She drives ok for now.

Is that motor for sale the forged one somone had for sale here for 5K.

How much is Benno asking for it, and who is he, any contacts ect.

Yeah not sure if it is teh seals or just the turbo having enough of my punishment.

She drives ok for now.

Is that motor for sale the forged one somone had for sale here for 5K.

Not sure how much he is asking, although when he put the thread up you asked and he sent you a PM about it :laughing-smiley-014:

Benno = Stuart Benson aka t01-101 :(

I remember the forged motor your talking about but cant remember the thread it was in...

Oh yeah, cool i sent him a new message to confirm details to go and check it out. Do you know much about it? Condition ect.

I am looking for something i can either drop straight in, or rebuild to be tough asssss.

AND since i just broght a house, and have some EXTRA cash, time to spend.

Go And buy the one Benno has for sale and rebuild it if you have come into a shit load of money :(

Edited by woolls

Yeah well rebuild is the way i want to go.

Need to see what con the other motor is. I have figured out if i ofsett and grind the crank, new sleves, 2.9lt is possible.

post-5400-1179361372_thumb.jpg

Pulled the best bits off a GTR and put them on the RX7!! ;)

I think GTR Brembos will find there away under the rims too.

looking good stu,

Update for me, Pick up the cage on saturday, hope to install it in the next couple of weeks.

What you need a cage for???

Well got my 75K so time to spend some money.

New engine will consist off....

RB25 block, decked and new sleeves put in to accept 93mm pistons. Offset and ground crank, nitrided, blah blah blah, you know the usual.

This should bring the swept volume to 2.9 litters and a 100500 rpm redline.

New sump, and N1 oil pump with modified squirters and return.

Stage 2 pon cams, possible solid lifters not sure. Tomei springs and valves.

800cc injectors, top feed with twin entry custom rail, 3 bosh 040 pumps and surge tank.

I have no idea in regards to engine management, tossing up weather to go Wolf V5 or something similar.

OS Giken clutch twin plate, 2 way lsd, new breaks and suspension, no idea what yet.

Not sure if the set-up will be a big single or 2 smaller huffers. I want response and power.

BUT that is still some 2 years away. At the moment I am acquiring spear engines, to test the crank and new liners, and seeing as I will do all the work myself, should save a fair bit of money.

Keep an eye out.

Edited by WogsRus