SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

What you need a cage for???

Well got my 75K so time to spend some money.

New engine will consist off....

RB25 block, decked and new sleeves put in to accept 93mm pistons. Offset and ground crank, nitrided, blah blah blah, you know the usual.

This should bring the swept volume to 2.9 litters and a 100500 rpm redline.

New sump, and N1 oil pump with modified squirters and return.

Stage 2 pon cams, possible solid lifters not sure. Tomei springs and valves.

800cc injectors, top feed with twin entry custom rail, 3 bosh 040 pumps and surge tank.

I have no idea in regards to engine management, tossing up weather to go Wolf V5 or something similar.

OS Giken clutch twin plate, 2 way lsd, new breaks and suspension, no idea what yet.

Not sure if the set-up will be a big single or 2 smaller huffers. I want response and power.

BUT that is still some 2 years away. At the moment I am acquiring spear engines, to test the crank and new liners, and seeing as I will do all the work myself, should save a fair bit of money.

Keep an eye out.

I want a 100500rpm redline as well :unsure:

looking good stu,

Update for me, Pick up the cage on saturday, hope to install it in the next couple of weeks.

Senssational!

Its gonna be fun next season then, I'll pull to the left to let you through!

Got my front springs (Aurora 7kg 40mm lowered) and rear coilovers (JIC, 6kg) in now. About to change my front tyres for some RE540S I scored from Deane. Cusco cambertops are waiting to go in but I think the spacers they come with require modifying, and my JIC carbon fibre front strut brace is still to arrive.

Fingers crossed I'll have Ben's R34 GT-T intercooler and an SAFC soon.

Have GTS-R wing, new front bar + vents in my study still, bodywork is f#cking expensive!

DESKTOPgray.jpg

indoorTWO.jpg

Really need to get the sills painted white when the other bodywork gets done, the black sills make it look so much higher than it is. Cusco tops will drop the front a little further all going to plan...

Edited by floody

Senssational!

Its gonna be fun next season then, I'll pull to the left to let you through!

Lol Stu, I'll pull to the left when you lap me!

"thanks for putting me onto the cage"

Edited by woolls

Got my front springs (Aurora 7kg 40mm lowered) and rear coilovers (JIC, 6kg) in now. About to change my front tyres for some RE540S I scored from Deane. Cusco cambertops are waiting to go in but I think the spacers they come with require modifying, and my JIC carbon fibre front strut brace is still to arrive.

Fingers crossed I'll have Ben's R34 GT-T intercooler and an SAFC soon.

Have GTS-R wing, new front bar + vents in my study still, bodywork is f#cking expensive!

DESKTOPgray.jpg

indoorTWO.jpg

Really need to get the sills painted white when the other bodywork gets done, the black sills make it look so much higher than it is. Cusco tops will drop the front a little further all going to plan...

nice ride :)

new front whiteline swaybar went into the R33 last nite....Thanks Damo! and new walbro fuel pump goes in, in a little over a weeks time..........then dyno time MOFO's!

Have to final tune the SM4 and finish setting up the boost controller....it goes like a bat out of hell now! can't wait for the final tune!

Edited by nizmokid

Hey guys,

So anyone seen my old ride kickin around, Someone told me that some young guy bought it. I am allready board of the Evo 9 its just doesnt have as much punch as the old line but the evo kills the skyline in every other aspect by far. So in about a month let the upgrades begin im gonna aim for around 250-270awkw.

Hope it all goes well for you next year Leigh.

Cheers

Alan

Hey guys,

So anyone seen my old ride kickin around, Someone told me that some young guy bought it. I am allready board of the Evo 9 its just doesnt have as much punch as the old line but the evo kills the skyline in every other aspect by far. So in about a month let the upgrades begin im gonna aim for around 250-270awkw.

Hope it all goes well for you next year Leigh.

Cheers

Alan

Hey Alan, Hows Qld? and come on, post up a pic of the little beast.

Glad you are happy with the evo, we never seem to be happy with the power :O our cars make. I am looking foward to the tassie series next year, should be good. Got no expectations, just want to get out there, and enjoy the car and have some fun.

cheers

Leigh

What you need a cage for???

Well got my 75K so time to spend some money.

New engine will consist off....

RB25 block, decked and new sleeves put in to accept 93mm pistons. Offset and ground crank, nitrided, blah blah blah, you know the usual.

This should bring the swept volume to 2.9 litters and a 100500 rpm redline.

New sump, and N1 oil pump with modified squirters and return.

Stage 2 pon cams, possible solid lifters not sure. Tomei springs and valves.

800cc injectors, top feed with twin entry custom rail, 3 bosh 040 pumps and surge tank.

I have no idea in regards to engine management, tossing up weather to go Wolf V5 or something similar.

OS Giken clutch twin plate, 2 way lsd, new breaks and suspension, no idea what yet.

Not sure if the set-up will be a big single or 2 smaller huffers. I want response and power.

BUT that is still some 2 years away. At the moment I am acquiring spear engines, to test the crank and new liners, and seeing as I will do all the work myself, should save a fair bit of money.

Keep an eye out.

Wouldnt 044 pumps be better as the flow more???? I have 2 of these in my 33 and a gtr pump filling the surge tank and they work a treat just a bit noisey. Good luck with the build.

yeah going to look at bennos when he gets back, and the one from eurotech. I will need a running one to test and one to play with, if all goes well, i will sell the kit to stroke and RB25. If i use stock pistons and stroked strock crank i will get just over 2.6 liters.

had a look out our budget, and so far so good. I need my mate to get back from site, he is supervising one of my poject on site, so he can do the crank resizing for me.

Yeah i saw that, but i have some time yet, i need to wait 6 more weeks fo rthe settelment to go through to get the rest of the money. I mean i have it on paper but not in hand. LOL.

hows your rig going?

yeah going to look at bennos when he gets back, and the one from eurotech. I will need a running one to test and one to play with, if all goes well, i will sell the kit to stroke and RB25. If i use stock pistons and stroked strock crank i will get just over 2.6 liters.

had a look out our budget, and so far so good. I need my mate to get back from site, he is supervising one of my poject on site, so he can do the crank resizing for me.

Cool, well its a win-win either way i guess if you get either of them!!!

I wouldn't really worry about going any larger with displacment cobber after all it is only a road car that is driven daily :)

Yeah i saw that, but i have some time yet, i need to wait 6 more weeks fo rthe settelment to go through to get the rest of the money. I mean i have it on paper but not in hand. LOL.

hows your rig going?

The 33 is going ok. Took it to bridport yesterday for a blast. Its going really well but i have to get an exhaust for it as its very loud on the highway. It only has the 3inch dump pipes into 4inch collector :).