SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

OK Bit of an Update

Got new LOW king springs, thanks Questy. Install over the next few weeks.

Adjustable cam gear to go in, looks nice and shiny red, have to install it allong with the new belt ect.

Started to take my $150 turbo apart, the RX7 Hybrid, the A/R is .89 with 59 trim compressor, rear housing is standard slidy highflow rear, should be ok for some decent numbers.

New Coils arived today, replacment set for the old ones, these ones look much nicer and sturdier then teh old DS005 set.

New alarm being installed this weekend, Thanks Tod.

Now all i need is more time to do the rest of things.

My AP calipers for the RX7 turned up last week.

These are for the front, still sussing out something for the rear to keep things balanced.

They can take up to a 380x40 steel or carbon rotor, but I will most likley end up with a 356x36 rotor to keep them under 17s, if that doesn't work its up to 18s and 997 Carrera Cup rotor.

They are designed for a 30mm pad, and to get an idea of scale the bottom pic is of one sitting on a copy of Motor magazine.

DSCF0913.JPG

DSCF0914.JPG

nice breaks, how come you didn't use CSC?

do brembo or ap racing make floating hats in a good varity of depths for Carracpu sized rotors?

Edited by sav man

i think stu is just over compensating. now he can say he has the biggest... brakes.

an update with my car is that i have now put my tein rear coilovers in and they sit nice with the new bilstine shocks and lower springs up front.

ill post a pic when i find time.

howdy all, a few of the northerner guys may have noticed i posted up i was heading to L'ton to have my tune by sherrif, it was done (on premium not bp ult stupid me for listening to the advice of ..... ) anyways was fairly happy with the results of a safe tune at just over 200rwks. was going to head back up next week (on the advice of brad and the fact he's prep to push it more once im running bp ult) but have decided to hold off for a couple of weeks as i have just secured a RB25 hi flow turbo and scored myself a Z32afm with plug for a bargain! I'll wait to they arrive then head back up again and then see what she is capable of....

i think stu is just over compensating. now he can say he has the biggest... brakes.

an update with my car is that i have now put my tein rear coilovers in and they sit nice with the new bilstine shocks and lower springs up front.

ill post a pic when i find time.

while i was writing this my car was being stolen about 10m away from me. now thats gay.

Got some new 18" boots for the beemer yesterday.

They look small in the pic, might just be that it needs lowering.

post-5400-1187315864_thumb.jpg

sau_man - Was planning on using CSC 4 piston 343x32, Ric Shaw has shown that they are up to the task on an RX7 at Targa and Nurburgring 24hr... but these came up at the right price... will no doubt end up spending more setting up these than a nice and easy CSC bolt on kit ever would have!

Floating Carrera Cup rotors can be made up yeah, the 997 ones are 380x40 so would be perfect, but bigger than I want right now. RX7 has standard 17x8 and 17x8.5, but optional 18x8 and 18x8.5.

My AP's came from the same guy as those Brembos, mine are ex-ALMS GT1.

DJRIFT - Any news on your car yet? Got it back?

You will find that the Sp's have a bigger overall piston surface compared to the brembo's as they use smaller pistons. Great calliper and hug the rotor so you can still fit a 17inch wheel on usually. Stu, have you looked at running a BMW M5 rotor with them? seem to be the ideal size and cheaper in the 2 piece rotor sets than others. im actually just waiting on my Alcon 4 pot calipers to get here from the USA. came off a Nascar over there. Little bit more chunkier that the AP's but i can run a thicler pad.

RAZOR32 and sau_man - haven't even sighted them under my 17s with a rotor or a caliper yet so guessing at the moment... i've seen the smaller AP 6 piston kit with 355 under 17s, but I could be dreaming with these bigger calipers! Would drop to a 343, but I reckon that size will be too small for the caliper. The thing going for these calipers are the low deck high.

guesty - hadn't thought of an M5 rotor, good idea. sau_man did get be thinking with his FPV rotor set up. I figure if I get a good set up from the start it will reduce overall brake costs in time as a nice big two piece with big pads and heaps of cooling with take heat better than something smaller that needs fresh rotors and pads all the time. CSC can do custom rotors so we'll make something work.

Yeah there are so good ex-NASCAR buys out of the states. You'll find pads are cheap too.

Which rims would you recommend Stu as i only wont to run 17s as well and Wayne has all ready sent the calipers to Moorey they should be here in 10 days :laugh:

Awesome!

My Volk Challenge rims (painted black of course!) have good clearance, aside from that there is a GMAX rim that isn't too pricey that has good clearance. I'll suss out which one and let you know. We've put a 355 G4 Racing 8 Piston kit on another RX7 and working through options now. I reckon Volk GTC and ROH Modena would be bang on, but I think their both too showy.