SAU Community

What's Going On With Everyones Cars?

phat_r33

That requires money and i owe more than i have let alone coming up with enough to rebuild it.

Im going to strip as much off/out of the shit heap as i can and flog it all along with the rolling shell!!!

Then once thats done im out of cars for a while, IM OVER THEM and all there PROBLEMS

cars bikes houses women, theyre all the same :rofl: . can i call dibs on your diff master b?.... and brakes and turbo and :rofl::rofl:

Got the new exhaust gaskets in and new studs, DAM that job suz and then some. LOL. i got cuts all over my knuckles. No more leaks, nice sound.

Also ported theturbo wastgate, much better boost controll.

The car still a dog for cold starts. Not a head gasket, as the coolant we drained was clean azzzzzz. Hunt continues.

TOFF you can have the manifold, it's preaty straight. Only thing was 3 of teh cover bolts snapped.

Finally got my 33 back on the road friday night.it's been a long journey. many thanks to Wogboy for helping to find the problem. now to put in the PFC and get it tuned.

Finally got my 33 back on the road friday night.it's been a long journey. many thanks to Wogboy for helping to find the problem. now to put in the PFC and get it tuned.

Pfc???? who sold you that???? same silly prick who just tried to buy another and got ripped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL (not funny)

sorry. Very special thanks must go to Madaz R33 for supplying the PFC and hand controller at an unbeatable price.

thats allright (no one to blame but me` shouldnt be so trusting of strangers ), this happens sometimes when you play the game... but the pfc couldnt of made its way into a better set of hands! no worries champ!!!

All these people wanting Power FC tunes.

GTGARAGE.gif

All you ever need ;). Have the latest version of the Apexi Dataloggit software so no tuning off the hand controller and is all obviously in real time ;). You want proof of how good Nick's work is? In regards to tuning, my car 261rwkw SR with a stock motor that has done 3 drift days with this tune on 1.3bar (as well as had been running ~200rwkw for 18 months before the retune) and a mates CA which makes 232rwkw, which Nick also built the motor for from the ground up :(.

The thing that sets Nick apart apart from his tuning ability is the fact he will go through and explain every detail of the tune with you as he is doing it and will ask how you want the car tuned. If you're not happy with something it can be rectified in about 30 seconds via the software. He is even retuning cars that have been tuned down here already by local businesses.

Can do guard flaring anytime anyday in about 3 weeks time too :mellow:. Again i can show previous work to demonstrate the quality of my work :(.

Hope this helps with people's decisions :).

GTGARAGE.gif

All you ever need ;). Have the latest version of the Apexi Dataloggit software so no tuning off the hand controller and is all obviously in real time ;). You want proof of how good Nick's work is? In regards to tuning, my car 261rwkw SR with a stock motor that has done 3 drift days with this tune on 1.3bar (as well as had been running ~200rwkw for 18 months before the retune) and a mates CA which makes 232rwkw, which Nick also built the motor for from the ground up :(.

The thing that sets Nick apart apart from his tuning ability is the fact he will go through and explain every detail of the tune with you as he is doing it and will ask how you want the car tuned. If you're not happy with something it can be rectified in about 30 seconds via the software. He is even retuning cars that have been tuned down here already by local businesses.

Can do guard flaring anytime anyday in about 3 weeks time too :mellow:. Again i can show previous work to demonstrate the quality of my work :(.

About time we have someone we can trust. Have herd good things about Nick.

Pretty happy with sams tune at the moment, but may be in for some fine tuning soon.

I will be in contact Ben

cheers

leigh

Edited by woolls

About time we have someone we can trust. Have herd good things about Nick.

Pretty happy with sams tune at the moment, but may be in for some fine tuning soon.

I will be in contact Ben

cheers

leigh

You will only hear good things about Nick, you will not find one single person in this state who has anything bad to say about his work i can confidently say that 100%.

My car as well as his 180sx will be at Baskerville on March 31 for the state series promoting the business a little bit too :(. Never hurts to get a few stickers on the car at a major event like this to further raise awareness......

Look forward to hearing from you Leigh :mellow:.

You will only hear good things about Nick, you will not find one single person in this state who has anything bad to say about his work i can confidently say that 100%.

My car as well as his 180sx will be at Baskerville on March 31 for the state series promoting the business a little bit too :(. Never hurts to get a few stickers on the car at a major event like this to further raise awareness......

Look forward to hearing from you Leigh :mellow:.

I will come over an say gaday on the 31st,

wish I was out there having another go, But i need heaps more practice and you guys like holding the practice days when I am working.

Edited by woolls

Ok.

My car seems to be almost free boosting without loading up the engine (mostly noticeable in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears)

There’s no kick to the engine, but there’s a lot of boost.

When revving the engine and looking under the bonnet It sounds like a slight exhaust leak from maybe the exhaust manifold..

To me that may be the reason the car is not taking off the way it should, does that sound right?

To give you an idea…..going up a hill at 80kph in 4th gear, I can floor it, hit a bar of boost (not good) and the car will actually DECELERATE.

Any idea’s or could I be on the money with an exhaust leak? Turbo is doing it’s job perfectly, the engine doesn’t seem to want to do it’s job tho.

Any help much appreciated

YOU COULD HAVE A LEAK SOMWHERE IN THE PIPING?

opps sorry, autocad autocaps. LOL.

I just replace my manifold gaskets and studs, the car is much better. What managment are you running. Is it possible that the AFm is runningout of scope?

HERE IS MY QUESTION TO YOU BUFFSSS.

Did my manifold sytds and so forth

ALSO found with the new coolant, the car is running cooler, and there is more white froth on top of the water, but it's froth, like soap suds, and it disapears quickly. It only appeares when the car is very hot. If i take the radiator cap off, you can see the froth arround the cap, but if you turn the engine off it disapeares quickly.

DOES radiator coolant froth a bit. My dad ensures me it's not a head gasket. I have had no coolant loos or anything. LOL. Paranoid again.

Forgot to add, the car hasn't used any watter or anything, the exhaust doesn't smell sweet or anything. The car doesn't buble when hot or cold or anything like that. This only happens when the car is hot, above 80 degC. if you open the radiator cap, you can see fine bubles going past in the water, but the bubles are not air, as the radiator overflow, does not buble and the system does not get pressurised with air or anything.

Is it possible that there is some air still somwhere in the system?

I KNOW i know, stop asking so many questions.

HELP PLEASE SOMONE ANWSER ME.

and how would i get in contact with nic. could you see if he can give me a quote on the following .

R33 gts-t RB25DET

greddy plenum, front mount, a/m regulator, bosch 040, split dump pipe and 3in cat back exhaust.

i have a apexi pfc thats already got a map on it if that helps.

HAYY ME AGAIN. Another thing

I noticed today, well it has always done this ASAK, there is a TSSIICKK TSSIICKK sound coming from the back of the engine when it is turned off, when HOT. It does this for propably 1 minute or so. It is somewhere at the back, but no idea where.

If you take the cap off while this is happening, the water moves up and down to the sound, and eventually comes over the top, then stops. No bubles in the watter comming through, just water, there was no more froth this afternoon.

I presume this is bad????

ALSO, the water in the reservour tank, when hot mine is over the full line, and cold it is below it, it is normall for the fluid to expand into the overflow bottle?

HELP Correct?

and how would i get in contact with nic. could you see if he can give me a quote on the following .

R33 gts-t RB25DET

greddy plenum, front mount, a/m regulator, bosch 040, split dump pipe and 3in cat back exhaust.

i have a apexi pfc thats already got a map on it if that helps.

i think Nick and Bens phone numbers are in Bens post (tas_180)

GT Garage

Edited by woolls

GTGARAGE.gif

All you ever need ;). Have the latest version of the Apexi Dataloggit software so no tuning off the hand controller and is all obviously in real time ;). You want proof of how good Nick's work is? In regards to tuning, my car 261rwkw SR with a stock motor that has done 3 drift days with this tune on 1.3bar (as well as had been running ~200rwkw for 18 months before the retune) and a mates CA which makes 232rwkw, which Nick also built the motor for from the ground up :wave:.

Can do guard flaring anytime anyday in about 3 weeks time too :pirate:. Again i can show previous work to demonstrate the quality of my work :D.

Go easy on the advertising there please dude.

Fair enough they might do good work, but thats pretty blatant advertising going to the extent of linking logos and what not.

If this guy wants to get work off people, tell him to become a trader ;)

Then everyone is happy from all sides :sorcerer:

1) He makes money from promotion/sales, and exposure and a good reputation with members, and then word of mouth follows

2) The site (possibly) might stay in Australia: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=160504

So nothing bad can come from it ;)

Gotta give back what you take sometimes

Cheers

Ok.

My car seems to be almost free boosting without loading up the engine (mostly noticeable in 3rd, 4th and 5th gears)

There’s no kick to the engine, but there’s a lot of boost.

When revving the engine and looking under the bonnet It sounds like a slight exhaust leak from maybe the exhaust manifold..

To me that may be the reason the car is not taking off the way it should, does that sound right?

To give you an idea…..going up a hill at 80kph in 4th gear, I can floor it, hit a bar of boost (not good) and the car will actually DECELERATE.

Any idea’s or could I be on the money with an exhaust leak? Turbo is doing it’s job perfectly, the engine doesn’t seem to want to do it’s job tho.

Any help much appreciated

sounds like a blocked exhaust

HAYY ME AGAIN. Another thing

I noticed today, well it has always done this ASAK, there is a TSSIICKK TSSIICKK sound coming from the back of the engine when it is turned off, when HOT. It does this for propably 1 minute or so. It is somewhere at the back, but no idea where.

If you take the cap off while this is happening, the water moves up and down to the sound, and eventually comes over the top, then stops. No bubles in the watter comming through, just water, there was no more froth this afternoon.

I presume this is bad????

ALSO, the water in the reservour tank, when hot mine is over the full line, and cold it is below it, it is normall for the fluid to expand into the overflow bottle?

HELP Correct?

hmmmm, wel if my comp dont fix you car (ill find the leakdown tester too), then im going to steal your car for a couple of hours (could turn into days.... or weeks even :wave:) and check it right out for you :pirate:

"hmmmm, wel if my comp dont fix you car (ill find the leakdown tester too), then im going to steal your car for a couple of hours (could turn into days.... or weeks even ) and check it right out for you"

NO problems mate, you can have it. LOL. The wife would disagree though i recon.

That would be great Toffy. A leak down might help. Thanks. i don't have your number, can you PM it for me. I am free on Sat or Sun, and tehn next week, wife has late shifts all this week so i have the little one with me.

sounds like a blocked exhaust

I have a 3" dump from the turbo but it's still 2 1/2" press bent from the cat back and I know I need to change this soon, there is a slight and I do mean slight leak where the flanges meet but could that restriction be causing the problem do you think?

most other people suggest cooler piping, but it would do it every gear if that's the case I would have thought. It really is only under load from 70 kph while cruising that it just free boosts rather than loading up the engine.

It's bloody annoying especially going up the southern outlet each day, can't make it up the hill without hitting about 10psi (foot so slightly on the go pedal) in 4th gear.