SAU Community

Buy, Build & Use A Tech Edge A/f Ratio Meter

This thread is all about the buying, building and using a Tech Edge A/F ratio meter and accesories, I have the following on order;

1 X Wideband 2A0 kit (4.0 cable kit & 7057 connector)

1 X TE-LD02 LED Display kit

1 X 0 258 007 057 LSU sensor

1 X 2A0 to 2A1 upgrade

The all up price is $444 inc GST and postage.

overview.gif

More detail on www.techedge.com.au

Any other guys building, buying or using A/F ratio meteres it would be good to compare our experiences.

:O cheers :)

PS; when I have finished building and testing this unit, it will be available for renting.

Edited by Sydneykid

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SK I've been thinking of making a kit for a while to fine tune the PFC, so good luck and I'm keen to see the results. This one must be alright to interest you so it could be a winner.

Does it specifically need the LSU sensor or can the famed Falcon one from the Silicon chip book be an alternative given JE's findings?

Hi guys, I brought the tech edge kit 3 years ago and have brought the later model one 6 months ago. I built both of them and have found them to be excellent in form and function. I output the 0-5v to my FC-Datalogit and datalog AFRS whle I tune on the dyno. Also useful for checking 4WD's on the road as we only have a 2wD Dyno Dynamics dyno at work.

Great product!

Hı SK

Just read your reply ın the other thread AFR'S and good old knock - I purchased the 2e0 kıt about two months ago (about 350AUD ıf I remember rıghtly) but wıll have to waıt untıl december when I arrıve back from overseas to assemble ıt.

It'll be great to compare - I was lookıng at the LM1 from Amerıca but ıt was all gettıng a bıt too expensıve for what we need ıt for.

Cheers

Edited by gtst25

ive got the 2a0 in my car right now rigged up thru the greddy e-01's analog input.

so far works a treat and i can use it to limit boost (well boost other than gate) via the e-01's on board limiters.

its a very nice unit indeed but it does take some time to put together and debug properly, but once all is said and done its mint.

as for the o2 sensor i got mine from the local vw DEALER for 65$USD, pretty forking cheap for a wideband.

Well, I gotta say Tech Edge delivery is pretty good, received my order via Express Post this afternoon. They are not shipping the 7057 lambda sensor any more, I received a 7200 instead. Which is not such a bad thing as rumour has it the 7200 is a bit faster in its response.

Tech_Edge_Delivery.jpg

Tech_Edge_Kit.jpg

I won't have time to start on the kit today, maybe tonight I might lay out the parts and check the intructions thoroughly. The kit doesn't ship with the instructions, you have to download/print them from the web site. Luckily I have good quality colour printer. I will start on the display as it is a little smaller and has less components, so I will have a chance to get used to the terminology used.

;) cheers :D

Edited by Sydneykid

After a couple of hours of soldering and assembly and the LD02 display is finished;

Tech_Edge_LD02_Made.jpg

I was going to make up the cables after I finished the display, but I can't. I ordered and paid for a 4m cable, that connects the lambda sensor to the WB2A1. But when I checked it a 2.6 metre cable was supplied. This is a good chance to check out Tech Edge support and problem recovery. Email sent 3.30 pm Saturday.

;) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid

Hı SK

It'll be great to compare - I was lookıng at the LM1 from Amerıca but ıt was all gettıng a bıt too expensıve for what we need ıt for.

Cheers

If you already have a Power FC and FC datalogit you could get the LC-1 which is a plain WB02 which has outputs for standalones. Costs about ~260AUD with sensor.

You really don't need all the extra displays, inputs, etc the expensive WB02's come with. The datalogit or other standalone will already display and and have inputs for whatever you want.

Very impressed with Tech Edge's response to the 2.7 m cable instead of 4.0 m cable error. Sent email advising of problem 3.30 pm Saturday afternoon. Received email response Monday morning at 8.45 am. Promised overnight replacement which arrived today (Tuesday) lunch time via Express Post. A prepaid, addressed, Express Post Envelope was included for me to return the 2.7m cable.

Now that's good recovery from a problem.

:) cheers :)

PS; I have not told Tech Edge that I am writing this review, so this sort of response should be considered what anyone will receive.

Edited by Sydneykid

nice work Gary. looking good mate. how many WB02 sensors/meters do you need!!!:)

We sold one with a race car recently, so this is a replacement. We only have 2, the other one is a Motec which stays in the dyno room (under pain of death).

Why did you get the 2AO instead of the more compact 2CO controller?

I wanted the 1meg of data logging.

:) cheers :)

is there any difference again in using the 7057 (7200) over the 6066???

also where on the site do you order the DIY kit?

Currently working on a diagnostics unit for facotry ECU's that was in Elector magazine (if anyones interested), once thats done i'll be onto one of these, albeit a 2E0

we have one i a 4agze rally car and as previously mentioned had some response issues with the lambda sensor we were originally running the 6066 and upgraded to the 7057 and there was a markable difference so I would say the 7200 will be better again. Initially had some problems with noise and interference again I think it was contributed to the sensor, also moved the unit to a more secure position. Awesome bit of gear for tuning a rally car which are more tempremental to climates (full rain days to desert racing with 40+), and also mid range power and low down torque are more important as there is so much more on off throttle, and this is where we were able to make gains rather than sit on the dyno for hours trying to simulate real driving or just doing full power runs for tuning!!!

I know I am no wizard at making up cables, so I figured I had better do that early in the assembly process. So last night I made up all of the cables;

Tech_Edge_Cables_Made.jpg

The PC cable was pretty easy, only the 9 pin plug had to be attached. I used a cigarette lighter plug and cable I had lying around for the power cable, just soldered the 2A1 plug on the end of the cable. The cable for the lambda sensor is quite tricky, the instructions are good, but many pages when printed out. I had to refer back to the TE web site a couple of times, as the instructions printing doesn't include the attachments/links. So I had to go back and print each one of those separately, that was time consuming.

I think TE must believe that I would be making up the kits in front of my PC, but that's not the case. I don't fancy soldering and heat shrinking on my desk in the office.

Tonight I will get into making the 2A1 itself.

;) cheers :)

Edited by Sydneykid