SAU Community

Bnr32 - Once In A Lifetime Build All Gt-R Owners Must See

Thanks, Robbie. I'm enjoying every minute of this.

I'm working on a set of Bilsteins with Gary. Y'all are blessed to have that gentlemen in your corner. I read up on the suspension 101 thread here along with reading The Ultimate Guide to Suspension and Handling from MotoIQ. Both resources helped me identify want exactly I need... (not want). I think I'm 90% ready to close the deal with Gary.

I'm looking at Whiteline antiroll bars, endlinks, and I was keen on the NISMO rear suspension components until I found out that its basically same as stock except with harden bushings. I'm probably going to buy polyurethane bushings to throw on the stock components.

• Like 1

Not to far away then mate! Haha sounds good, might be a couple of years away but.....

Dream Car Garage (TV show) just had a special on the Nordschleife and I watched it yesterday...SO KEEN

I'll shoot you a PM incase that dream does come true!!!

maybe i have then my own Godzilla. ;-) first is this weekend 24h-Race on the Nordschleife. I'll be watching your project!

On 17/05/2013 at 12:29 PM, Ants said:

Robbie,

You can get 98% of everything from Nissan. The real question is can you purchase it from them without getting ass raped from them....

Door seals and certain molds can be sourced locally at far cheaper prices than Nissan.

Just need to look them up ;)

Cheers mate, really just after that piece that is all bunched up in photo

On 17/05/2013 at 12:53 PM, Chris Rogers said:

that is a function of the panel. mine has the same problem. I just ordered the complete set of panels. easier. I have a set of GTR panels here that are in decent nick - $100 and they are yours.

Thanks Chris. Ah ok, thought that might be the case, PM sent re door cards

On 17/05/2013 at 2:00 PM, Bigalow said:

Thanks, Robbie. I'm enjoying every minute of this.

I'm working on a set of Bilsteins with Gary. Y'all are blessed to have that gentlemen in your corner. I read up on the suspension 101 thread here along with reading The Ultimate Guide to Suspension and Handling from MotoIQ. Both resources helped me identify want exactly I need... (not want). I think I'm 90% ready to close the deal with Gary.

I'm looking at Whiteline antiroll bars, endlinks, and I was keen on the NISMO rear suspension components until I found out that its basically same as stock except with harden bushings. I'm probably going to buy polyurethane bushings to throw on the stock components.

Great to hear Ruben. Sounds like you're well on your way...when is you're build thread coming?! Or are you just getting suspension components sorted for now?

And where in the world are located?

On 17/05/2013 at 6:02 PM, Kevin_SG said:

maybe i have then my own Godzilla. ;-) first is this weekend 24h-Race on the Nordschleife. I'll be watching your project!

Hope so mate, two GT-R's round there will be better than one!

I've got just over 4 months until my deadline so things will really ramp up over the next few months...

Got the second door stripped and ready for paint prep

IMG_6828.JPG

New storage space

IMG_6833.JPG

Gave shaft a rub back/fresh rubber grease and prep for paint

IMG_6812.JPG

IMG_6814.JPG

On 23/05/2013 at 12:16 PM, $$slowmedown said:

Cheers mate, really just after that piece that is all bunched up in photo

Thanks Chris. Ah ok, thought that might be the case, PM sent re door cards

Great to hear Ruben. Sounds like you're well on your way...when is you're build thread coming?! Or are you just getting suspension components sorted for now?

Hope so mate, two GT-R's round there will be better than one!

I've got just over 4 months until my deadline so things will really ramp up over the next few months...

Got the second door stripped and ready for paint prep

New storage space

IMG_6833.JPG

Gave shaft a rub back/fresh rubber grease and prep for paint

Nice Robbie. Always in need of more storage space.....just so handy.

Yeah that front sub-frame also tends to have some rust as its usually a jacking point

Looking good mate.

Edited by PranK

Great to hear Ruben. Sounds like you're well on your way...when is you're build thread coming?! Or are you just getting suspension components sorted for now?

I live in jp. My GTR blog is on Sousa (Skyline Owners USA -f*kyea). I only update it every two - three weeks. I know I should've posted it here instead but I didn't want to leave any Australians hungry per my lack of maintenance and updates.

excellent work

Thanks mate

Got some time on weekend to get back to the front end, dust covers were 2 min job to get off (with the right tools of course)

IMG_6849.JPG

Pressed out the wheel bearings

IMG_6844.JPG

IMG_6840.JPG

Getting ready for more cleaning, not sure what to do with the aluminium hubs...anyone had them sandblasted before?

Will get prices on new wheel bearings as well......when in Rome.....

IMG_6835.JPG

More cleaning

IMG_6846.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

After, still plenty to do with the rack (acid wash, paint, new boots)

IMG_6857.JPG

Will throw new tie rod ends as well, not sure on which ones yet....any experience/advice on Jap made aftermarket units or OEM Nissan the go....?

IMG_6860.JPG

Not what you want

IMG_6862.JPG

IMG_6868.JPG

IMG_6869.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

Shafts ready for clean down, repacking and new boots

I replaced my Tie rods/ends with Taiwanese made Li-Ning units off ebay, was a bit sceptical at first but they were reasonably priced and are a fair bit beefier than the stock units.

I replaced my Tie rods/ends with Taiwanese made Li-Ning units off ebay, was a bit sceptical at first but they were reasonably priced and are a fair bit beefier than the stock units.

Thanks for info Michael, appreciate it

per our question today :

80834-04U00

80835-04U00

that is the inside weather strip. check those out and come back to me. they SHOULD be what you want.

Thanks heaps Chris. Will shoot you a PM re a couple of other items

Awesome build man, Keep up the good work.

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Cheers mate, yeah it's starting to get to me but very slowly starting to see the light

14 months down....less than 4 to go. Put in 2 x 10 hour days, as always not a whole lot to show for it....

ABS first clean

IMG_6889.JPG

More cleaning

IMG_6891.JPG

Underbody fully bare and prep underway for new underbody spray getting done in a couple of weeks

IMG_6896.JPG

IMG_6903.JPG

More cleaning

IMG_6911.JPG

Paint prep

IMG_6909.JPG

Rear subframe finally coming apart

IMG_6913.JPG

Anyone know how/why there would be oil inside the r/h side driveshaft/diff join??

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6922.JPG

Edited by $$slowmedown

Coming along very nicely indeed mate.

Any chance you have those radial measurements i pm'd you about a little while ago?

There should be no reason for oil in there, someone may have put a bit in at some point to stop rust occuring?

I know right!? The diff seems fine and no leaks....

Yeah didn't think of that...lets hope

Coming along very nicely indeed mate.

Any chance you have those radial measurements i pm'd you about a little while ago?

Cheers Damien. Can not wait to start putting it back together

Diff bushes farked

IMG_6926.JPG

Getting there

IMG_6932.JPG

Removal of 20 yr old adhesive junk

DSC_0113.jpg

Getting it done

DSC_0132.jpg

Sump after acid wash

DSC_0117.jpg

Mounts added in for modified Tomei baffle

DSC_0120.jpg

Clear coated and ready to install

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

Read all 11 pages, build is crazy. You've added and changed so much you could call this a new car.

Amazing on how you've done so much, how did you learn to do it all?

See, I'm good at taking things apart but putting them back together... Well that's another story.

See, I'm good at taking things apart but putting them back together... Well that's another story.

I think a lot of us could put ourselves in this very catagory lol.