SAU Community

R32 Gt-r's Advertised For Sale At Their Lowest Levels.

If anyone is looking to buy, my mate is selling his but isn't on carsales. Its for sale on Facebook. He's no BS, what it says in ad is how it is.

1989 R32 GT-R
Gunmetal grey, has had a respray recently.
92xxx KMs
Body and paint are in great condition.
R33 GT-R N1 motor
Twin -5 turbos
Custom 3" dumps into a 4" exhaust
Power FC
CSC 4 pot brakes
Wedsport TC105n's 18x9.5 +10
Pedders coilovers
2x Recaro seats, 1 is immaculate one is looking tired
Mods have been engineered
11 months rego

The bad, needs a service and the rear diff isn't super happy at life. Catch can setup is sub optimal. Tyres haven't got a lot of life left in them

11866396_10153568236779458_5418865943126

$22k

Edited by 10 4

• 2 weeks later...

there will be a surge in original gtrs/people restoring to original.

judging by some examples on the market it would be a good thing for the longevity of our cars.

too many are hacked up pieces of crap - and i do agree with Sinista32. big single and power isnt everything if the car is a bucket.

i thoroughly enjoy this thread from calaisturbo http://calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=107889

with the age and affordability of the cars these days, current tech and things like the Motive DVD GTR Challenge. the GTR scene is only just warming up.

• Like 2

I think most of it has already been mentioned.

At the moment the US is relatively undeveloped as a market, so they're buying the kind of cars that we would generally reject - heavy accident, tampered odometers, rusty etc. Plenty of JDM wood-ducks for the exporters to burn before they start to wise up over there. With the exchange rate taking a dive, cars ex-Aus are looking more and more attractive, but the US would rather buy crap and keep prices landed in the US under $20K there than worry about quality.

The market will start to develop though, and as time goes on, buyers will be looking for clean cars globally, and paying big dollars for them.

It's the same phenomenon that has seen virtually every 240K coupe disappear from Australia, mostly to the UAE.

Most collectible sports cars go through a depreciation cycle, then rise again. In Japan, prices of clean 32s started climbing about 7-8 years ago. Clean series 3 R33s have also been rising for a while, and R34s hit the bottom of their cycle about 5 years ago too.

Australia's cycle is a little longer, so we're only starting to see the rises occurring now (although demand from the US is speeding that process up). If you're buying locally, look for clean late model R33s and clean, genuine km R34s as they're money in the bank as far as I'm concerned.

I'm hoping to send my N1 to the US in 2026, in the hope it will fund my retirement ;)

• Like 2