SAU Community

Lthlrb R33 Gtst

There will b no A/C on this engine, will also be removing condenser etc from engine bay to make room for bigger radiator and oil cooler.

Specs of engine mods will be released once actually done :(

Still need to replace exhaust manifold studs and gasket on this engine along with Engine mounts and will be fitting new gearbox mounts.

Its going to be quite a task for me as i am doing close to all the work myself in my garage but with the help from URAS and the boys from CREATD Motorsports it should be smooth sailing..

Cheers :) Phill

Edited by LTHLRB

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep :rofl:

Going to hold back on the cams so i can get the injectors, clutch, turbo, ecu, afm and tuning done..

there will always be time for cams in futue.

Hoping this should make AT LEAST 250kw or i wont be impressed and will lash out on a 30/40R ext wastegate ;)

yeah, thats my taste in cars anyway :D it will be getting a set of rims and a front bar when i have enough mooolah but yeah for now its going to look like a normal skyline will :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

this build is taking FOREVER!!

So far i have.. The engine which is complete (running standard turbo for about 6 months or so) with CREATD MOTORSPORTS custom injectors, rebuilt bottem end etc..

Apexi power fc which is installed already

Nismo Super coppermix clutch

Z32 afm

So pretty much the usual, its going to be like any other r33 running these mods for now..

When it comes time im looking at putting a full bolt in cage (run half for street and full for track)

Turbo side of things is pretty big.. running a 35/40 .63 exhaust, 44mm TiAL wastegate and stainless manifold supplied by Sliding performance

A Greddy plenum will be fitted before i put the turbo on.. Saves making an abortion of a cooler pipe setup

Maybe a set of cams, when the car is tuned if the response and everything isnt up to scratch a set of hks cams will be fitted.

Thanks to all the boys at CREATD MOTORSPORTS, Rob Dan and GAS, for all the help with the information i need, helping me fit the engine and Rob for tuning the car.

When things start to happen i will put pics up!!

if its tuned right i wont have a problem :) 300 - 340kw is enough on the std bottem end, when it goes bang a set of forgies will go in it n maybe a set of steel rods.

if its tuned right i wont have a problem :domokun: 300 - 340kw is enough on the std bottem end, when it goes bang a set of forgies will go in it n maybe a set of steel rods.

pffft, sorry mate, but no, 340kw at the wheels wiv a stock rb25 bottom end, no chance..

rb26's shit all over 25's and they start struggling at 360rwkw.

also a 35/40 with a .63 will maby just get 300rwkw....

Edited by den001

pffft, sorry mate, but no, 340kw at the wheels wiv a stock rb25 bottom end, no chance..

Others have made more than 340kW "wiv" a std bottom end, champ. Don't give advice you can't back up with facts.

den001... you have no idea mate do you?

340 with standard bottem end yes i will be aiming for that.. and who are you to say that i wont make it? the fact that my bottem end has been REBUILT to standard specs and is tuned by a REPUTABLE and KNOWLEDGABLE workshop..

but yeah, wont speak untill it has been made :D

Edited by LTHLRB

of course a rb26 is better,but the rb26 is really almost a race engine,i mean the engine is really based apon a race motor if you know your history on the motor,but there is nothing wrong with a rb25 dude,they can make 340kw at the wheels if tuned right with the sock bottom end,and i mean tuned right.i have a goal of getting 260kw at the wheels on my car,having a slide highflow turbo on my rb25, so i dont see that being a problem :P

Others have made more than 340kW "wiv" a std bottom end, champ. Don't give advice you can't back up with facts.

Yeah but lets be realistic for a moment.

How long do they last? Not that long.

One key factor in performance, one of the more important in the average persons ideals, is reliability. And a 340rwkw (stock) RB25 does not have that.

No one has made that power (legitimately) forever, let alone more than 10months as far as i know. Hell, even if one lasts for 18months in my book is disgraceful.

If you cant get that kinda power figure and have it last for a good number of years, then its not worth while.

Yeah you can make 340rwkw. You could probably do 450rwkw if you wanted, but what's the reliability like? Thats the question that always in my head.

And to date, there isnt a car that we've seen here on the forums thats lasted 2+ years on a legit 340rwkw+ stock bottom end.

They have all let go for one reason or another.

Good work Phil. I know how long builds can take sometimes even if you dont want them to.

Especially when there is a budget and you want to do so many things to get the car how you want it.

I dont think you'll get 340rwkw on PULP though, you'll have to do what i did with a bit of love fuel!

280-300 you should though, better save some coin for decent tyres too cause it will turn them nicely otherwise :P

hey lthlrb let me know when your gonna race next at calder il come watch ya. creatd tuned my car and is doing all the work also. rob is the man. im not going for as much power as you as i like more show and a little bit of go lol.

good luck with it all mate :P

hey thanks guys...

Yeah ash i know that the engine wont last long if i pound the shit out of it on 340kw.. but on pulp i wana go a touch over 300kw usign my 35/40 and rebuilt (stock) bottem end. It can be done, but wont be used like that on street or drift... just at calder when i want to break the 11sec barrier using slicks. This build hasnt really taken long but i want it on the road!!! the turbo wont be put on yet though because of a few reasons.

Theres a guy on here in his 240z or wateva pushing 500hp out of his stock rb25det...

Thanks R33GOD, ill let you know mate :P just focussing on making it to winton on the 23rd with my brother for drift practise.

Good work mate!! Can't wait to see this done! I wish i could build mine like this but these stupid laws have forced me to by an integra which i could have spent that money on my engine :P Anyway mate, best of luck and we'll catch up soon!

Ye, but he is in the US... their dynos are config'd differently to ours so our measurement and theirs arent the same :P

You'll eaaasily run an 11 dude. You dont need 340rwkw :P

With slicks... you'd be bordering on low 11's... if not 10's i would imagine

im hoping for that.. an 11 with me driving it :P

GOT AN UPDATE PEOPLE!!!

Engine is now out!! all parts will be bolted over onto new engine and will go back in during the week and will then be checked over and tuned!!!