SAU Community

Oil Control In Rb's For Circuit Drag Or Drift

• 2 weeks later...

What is right way to update my engine?

I got 550hp rb26 (r32gtr/circuit) and i bought my car in japan. I dont know manufacturer of oil pump but engine is "overhauled" and got good oil pressure. Is it good idea to put that 1,5mm restrictor and oil drain hose rear of camhead to oil sump. I just bought Trust oil sump and i have to wait 2months to get engine out and weld that sump.. Then i do other tricks same time and check manufacturer of oil pump.

What other tricks i have to do?

• 4 weeks later...

The length really isn't all that critical. Make it about 7-8mm or something. Width is ~6mm.

I picked up a length of 6mm black rod for the total cost of $2. I wouldn't bother with doing it on a lathe.

6mm black rod, chop, clamp and drill in a drill press then taper one end and use a pin punch to tap it in.

• 4 weeks later...
sorry probably a stupid question but how much should you drill out the returns? what size?

think of the returns as port matching, if you put a gasket on the deck, you will see the amount of overhang of the rear returns on the block.

take out whats not covered by the gasket

• 2 weeks later...

May i ask the question with a rb25, why is the front feed blocked off and the rear feed restricted but with the other engines its the rear feed that gets blocked off and the front feed get's the restrictor ??

First attempt at a table;

-------------------- -------------------- RB26 -------------------- -------------------- RB25/20 -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- RB25

-------------------- -------------------- No VVT -------------------- -------------------- No VVT -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- VVT

-------------------- -------------------- Front Feed, Rear Feed -------------------- Front Feed, Rear Feed -------------------- VVT Supply, Front Feed, Rear Feed

Standard Oil Pump

Road ----------------------------------- 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Drag ----------------------------------- 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Circuit/Drift ------------------------------ 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.25 mm,

RB26 N1 Oil Pump

Road ----------------------------------- 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Drag ----------------------------------- 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Circuit/Drift ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1 mm,

Aftermarket Oil Pump (Jun HKS Apexi Trust etc)

Road ----------------------------------- 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Drag ----------------------------------- 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.25 mm,

Circuit/Drift ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1 mm,

Note that all of the above assumes;

1. Standard Nissan clearances

2. Oil cooler (where necessary)

3. Improved oil control in the sump (where necessary) including wings, baffles, one way doors etc

4. External oil return from cylinder head to sump on all circuit/drift cars and drag cars with non standard oil pumps

5. Hydraulic followers in RB20/25's. if changed to solid followers then use RB26 restrictor as above

6. Castrol Edge 10W60 (or equivalent)\

7. Improved oil flow in the cylinder head return galleries through the block.

8. Refer previous posts in this thread

:rofl: cheers :)

PS; This guide is for what ever cylinder head you use, the block is irrelevant. Whether you use an RB20/23/24/25/26/27/28/30 bottom end is doesn't matter when it comes to restrictor sizes. It's all about what oil pump you use, what cylinder head and what you use the car for.

Edited by SATO GTS

I read the most posts of the topic.. I have an RB25DET and I will make a rebuild theese days...!

The changes I will do is:

N1 oil pump

Block rear feed

1.5mm Tomei Oil Gallery Orifice at Front feed

External oil return

Improve oil flow in the cyllinder head return galleries

But I don't see any post for oil pump collar..!

I need a JUN oil pump crank collar??

Also with external oil return and improved oil flow in the cyllinder head return galleries les is too much oil return??

You are 100% that I will have it any problem at head at low rpms?

I use my car for everyday in traffic, for travelling but and drag,drift,cirquit and I will go for 500hp!!

Getting the oil piump collar is is a 100% must do. especially when using the N1 pump as there has been MANY MANY failures.

I did the oil pump collar on my engine and i still used the standard oil pump which is not prone to cracking and breaking like the N1 pumps are.

so the answer is.. YES. please do the crank collar. if you dont your crazy.

I read the most posts of the topic.. I have an RB25DET and I will make a rebuild theese days...!

The changes I will do is:

N1 oil pump

Block rear feed

1.5mm Tomei Oil Gallery Orifice at Front feed

External oil return

Improve oil flow in the cyllinder head return galleries

But I don't see any post for oil pump collar..!

I need a JUN oil pump crank collar??

Also with external oil return and improved oil flow in the cyllinder head return galleries les is too much oil return??

You are 100% that I will have it any problem at head at low rpms?

I use my car for everyday in traffic, for travelling but and drag,drift,cirquit and I will go for 500hp!!