SAU Community

Bp's Fuel Discount Program - Finally!

Sneeza

hey

I was at BP this morning and the guy told me about BP's fuel discount voucher program they have started (I don't know if it is a promotion or a permanent thing).

It the same idea as the fuel discount on your docket when you go shopping at coles or woolies, except with this you get discount vouchers for shopping at the BP service station. Some of the discounts I saw on the sheet were like

4cents a litre off when you buy two 600ml Cokes

4cents a litre off when you buy 2 V energy drinks

20cents a litre off when you buy a CD.

There were about 8 different things you could buy for the discount.

Unlike the coles and woolies program, BP will let you save up all your discount vouchers so you get a bigger discount off your fuel - possibly even get it for free!!

YAY!!!!!

Liz

Sounds like a standard bp rip off. When you think about that if you buy 2 600ml cokes from BP its going to cost you liek $5 and if you bought them from woolies it would be roughly $3 than teh $0.04/ ltr u saved would work out as $2 from a 50 ltr tank.

Still would be worth saving receipts for all teh crud you do buy at petrol stations... hm wonder if u can claim smokes :wave:

I went to BP at Bentley on Saturday and i was chatting to the Attendant about the promotion... Its only running until the 13th of September and its only running in WA as a trial...

But as an example i bought about $81 worth of ultimate and i also bought 2 chocolate bars ($5 for both) to get the 4c discount... In the end it cost me about $81.50 or $82.50, can't remember exactly... So your not really saving money if you do that everytime you fill up, you'll just end up fat... :wave:

Also according to BP, Shell is loosing heaps of money through their deal with Coles Myer, but its Coles Myer which is having to foot the bill for Shell...

The other thing that was mentioned was that BP don't want to "cheapen" their product by having to offer fuel discounts to encourage people to by BP fuels...

This reminds me of the whole "pay at pump" thing they had a few years ago. best thing to ever happen to pumps if you ask me. Teh attendent had less work , shorter lines etc, it was great. Plus hwilw i was at uni and poor as i could empty my card into the tank as the pump would stop when your account hit 0.01.

They got rid of them becuse ppl would pay at pump and not impulse buy any more. Nice 1 BP, if only ure fuel wasnt so nice.

Yer i suppose, but they have cameras on teh pumps as well as the counter. Its still possible to jsut fill up and drive off anyway.

u need a pin for a cc if you are not signing for it dont ya?

pay at the pump rocked... swipe your card, fill up and you're away. on the weekend the bp shop attendant was pushing me to buy 2 bottles of V instead of just the 1 can that i wanted... so that I would save $4c/lt off the fuel i just put in. simply another bullshit marketing strategy to boost sales. it's only going to 'save' you money if you were planning on purchasing the items in the first placet hat entitle you to discounts. :)

sounds like what we have in sydney with mobile total rip off

$75 for fuel @ $1.5o/ltr for 50 ltrs

4cent off when you buy someting over $5

you do the mass only works out to be $1.87 savings

just buy the fuel not unless you really do need it

the pay at the pump thing was shite, they charged $50 as soon as u swiped - then they charged you for your fuel, then it took 2 - 5days to get your money back - this is what happened to my brother in BP Gt Eastern hwy

saw on the news about how the fuel prices were triggering (or going to trigger) a petrol crime wave, by pumping then driving off without paying...

i second boostzor's idea... but that means i'd smoke more too, more than my car :happy:

the pay at the pump thing was shite, they charged $50 as soon as u swiped - then they charged you for your fuel, then it took 2 - 5days to get your money back - this is what happened to my brother in BP Gt Eastern hwy

sounds like it was a one off f**k up?

with the discount thing, just get your mate that is with you to buy the drinks or the food or the cd so you can save on the fuel, make it like that is their share with the fuel cost. hehehe, going to try get my friend to buy a CD, save 20cents. mwhahahaha

Are we still complaining about fuel prices or are we onto servo attendents now?

We all knew that the fuel was going to go higher in price. This based upon the capitalist money hungry idiots in Sydney. I use to manage a few gulls around the place and we got the prices from over east. They would call us once a day around 4pm with the prices for the next day.

My two cents, keep the fuel guzzling skyline for the crusing, weekend driving and times with the lads and buy one of the new gas/electric cars that VW or Honda are producing (good to pick up the girlfriend for a drive or pick your mum up and go shopping, although you will have to defend your sexuality). May look into getting a delorian i hear they run on garbage.