SAU Community

What Do You Guys Think Of This Skyline

gargantua

By double rims he would have meant "two piece rims" that is it is made from two separate pieces, the round bit with the tyre on it and the bit that attaches to the car.

RHETT are those rims really worth the extra cost?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the car...it is $3000 over-priced.

If you really like it and get a 5 year warranty and have a better deal on it....say $15900 on the road,

that would be the deal I would be trying out.

For that price I would go GTR32, :O ,,there are some that are very-clean for that sort of price$18K :glare:

get all the paper work and if they dont have any papers showing hte compression test, get one done - the only way you will know if the car is worth buying or not. But as one of the other members said, if its just looks you are after - keep shopping - cos there are cheaper r33's around

I definately wouldnt buy it from a caryard unless you are getting something a long way over and above a private sale (excluding the price!). There are a lot of clean Series 2's out there if you want them. Definately good you posted on here though.

Good luck with the search and there are plenty of owners here who can help you. I looked at a few as S2 was what I wanted but didnt end up getting one.

Was planning to buy the gunmetal r32 gtst with gtr kit from powerroad (i bet its still sitting there).

If you are planning to get a car from him, first check all the paperwork of the car. Kept telling me it was a 1993 when it was a 1992 and then told me they stopped making r32's in Dec 1992.

I was basically just about to hand over deposit but re-considered. He didnt seem to lower price when i left so it may be hard to get the price down IF you still want that car.

My advice is to take the car to an import workshop to do a pre-inspection ($100), then take to a panel beater to spot any resprays/fixes and maybe an AirCon workshop for a quick analysis.

The more faults you find with the car, the easier it will be to run away or lower the price :O

edit: also, from the other import dealers i went around, powerroad is the only one which charges extra for warranty.

ask him why is it back up in price? If he says the price tag on that is a mistake, then ask him why he didnt tell u the real price. I was talkng to a guy behind the counter at BP station who bought a s1 r3 from PRCS - said it cost him 12g. The cars are pretty cheap i heard, but I gotta question the quality. If you really like this car, get it inspected fully....then haggle ur hearts content if the inspection works out ok

EDIT - I also heard that the prices sometimes are without the extra costs like orc for instance

Edited by emsta2003

To those saying the price is high, you really need a headcheck.

You cant compare private sales with that of a car yard.

Yards generally offer warranty aswell, 3-6 months and will cover all duties and transfer costs.

I bet the people quoting private sales involved no warranty and the buyer paid the transfer costs etc etc

For $18,000 from a yard, thats a reasonable price aslong as the 3 month warranty comes with it AND they pay for an independant inspection with a company of your choice.

I just noticed this on the Power Road Car Sales website, the price is $16,990 and at the car yard it is 17,990 now thats BS.

http://powerroad.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/D...ias=powerroadau

The online price wont involve duties etc etc.

Thats usually extra.

What he told you, 18k, is what the 16,990 car would cost.

So no BS at all, you just dont understand how the market works :laugh:

The online price wont involve duties etc etc.

Thats usually extra.

What he told you, 18k, is what the 16,990 car would cost.

So no BS at all, you just dont understand how the market works :)

:laugh:

But hagel your heart out if it checks out OK and you really like it, CAN'T HURT ....yeah. :)

honestly that price sounds about right. i actually purchased my car from power rd exactly 1 year ago and its a 96 gts-t s2 and he gave me rego, stamp duty, 3 months warranty and full exhaust system, changed the stereo headunit from the JAP one to a sony one as i said i love music, and i got it for just under 16k.

as for the cars shane knows them inside out, his a top bloke and knows what his talking about.

and to explain how good the warranty is, my timing belt snapped off after only a month and bent the valves etc, and he done the top end rebuild no questions asked, so definitly a top place.

To those saying the price is high, you really need a headcheck.

You cant compare private sales with that of a car yard.

Yards generally offer warranty aswell, 3-6 months and will cover all duties and transfer costs.

I bet the people quoting private sales involved no warranty and the buyer paid the transfer costs etc etc

For $18,000 from a yard, thats a reasonable price aslong as the 3 month warranty comes with it AND they pay for an independant inspection with a company of your choice.

Really Ash? Of course you can argue it, because a lot of those "extras" are hidden in the price with a markup and they expect people to mindlessly think they are being looked after when in fact a costing exercise will show how much premium you are paying for those valueless extras. A lot of warranties are only worth what they feel like honouring, so some get lucky and the rest get screwed. It's not exactly like I have no understanding of the mechanics or the law is it mate? I put zero faith in a warranty that I haven't specifically negotiated line by line, and I've only done a few in the $10-30million range. Your first mod can negate any warranty obligation.

Paying your own TF costs has certain .... advantages. You'll work it out one day. The govt already reaps enough tax for doing SFA.

The bottom line is the bottom line. You dn't want to come away from a car yard with a warm fuzzy I've been looked after feeling because you paid a premium and got a cappuchino. You want the best price and then never have to think about them again.

Car is clean but its not worthing paying that amount for a r33 GTST.

They're the quickest depreciating skyline....and prices are already hovering at a low 12-15k.

Bargain him a bit....as everyone else has suggested.

Really Ash? Of course you can argue it, because a lot of those "extras" are hidden in the price with a markup and they expect people to mindlessly think they are being looked after when in fact a costing exercise will show how much premium you are paying for those valueless extras. A lot of warranties are only worth what they feel like honouring, so some get lucky and the rest get screwed. It's not exactly like I have no understanding of the mechanics or the law is it mate? I put zero faith in a warranty that I haven't specifically negotiated line by line, and I've only done a few in the $10-30million range. Your first mod can negate any warranty obligation.

Paying your own TF costs has certain .... advantages. You'll work it out one day. The govt already reaps enough tax for doing SFA.

The bottom line is the bottom line. You dn't want to come away from a car yard with a warm fuzzy I've been looked after feeling because you paid a premium and got a cappuchino. You want the best price and then never have to think about them again.

I know full well about TF costs and paying your own... I worked these things out many years ago :D

Look, for the average punter that doesnt know the ins and outs, getting someone else to do it sometimes is the only option if people dont wanna put the time in themselves to work it out.

I've never had an issue with warranties, and i know of others who have attained new motors/gearboxes etc.

stock have warranties, performance doesnt

So its luck of the draw, like most things in life (and the courts)

i got my car from shayne at power rd. feel free to pm me if u wanna know anthing about the place. if ur keen on that car, get it looked at. shayne will be more then happy to let u get it tested. if u have a specific mechanic u wish to take the car to, id suggest u take it there as he wont drive it far.

for that price, id say u could do better. yet thats what everyone told me about my car. wouldnt it be worth it to spend a couple extra dollar for a 32gtr? much more fun! :laugh:

Ok heres the heads up. I put a deposit on the car last night so that they would hold it for me, I had to because the there were other people interested in it and 1 guy was willing to pay the full amount and get it as soon as possible. I believe him because on the weekend when I was looking at cars there was another guy looking at the car as much as I was.

I never delt with the salesman shane. Im dealing with a mechanic who does the compliance, mods etc... for Shane. People at my dads work have baught cars through this guy and they only had good things to say about him (mabey thats why my dad is so insistant on me going throught this guy)

The car is getting 120psi on all cylinders. Im still going to take it to someone else and get it checked out.

Edited by gargantua