SAU Community

Rick Kelly Should Have Been Shot Into The Sheets

Roy

see here for a prime example of how utterly wrong that statement is

Ugh of all the races over the years you have to pick 1 that has Brad Jones commentating ewwww! Then again he is a better commentator than driver so maybe that's where he should stay. Some races I think he deliberately retires just so he can run up to the commentator box and plug his sponsors.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW am I the only one who has thought the channel ten team have done a great job? I don't mind cromley and the boys at all. I think 7 will have a hard task to be as good.

a replay of the whole weekends racing is on right now on fox.

Any news on who is replacing Bright at FPR. Im available and my pace woudl be sure to make Frosty look good

Roy,,, Frosty looks good without your help,,,UM you been livin under a rock buddy,,,My GTR's son.

Richard,,,CL's personal reasons should not be posted on the net. Way to many anonymous people look here.

Neil.

Remember team tactics,,,please TEAM tactics,,,it's all important "Yes Tom we hear you you crockety old bastard".. We'll all meet you on the golf course,,,no one will hear us. Now if we all gang up on the ford boys,,, Prick Kelly will be the Champ and will win us something this year. Remember mid corner boys midcorner,,,that'll fix em.

Oh isn't SK gonna be upset in the morning with me.

Neil.

Oh isn't SK gonna be upset in the morning with me.

Why should I wait until the morning. ;)

Guess we don't agree on the GT black flag incident, I don't think it was deserved, plus it was outside the drivers briefing guildlines. Not going to lose much sleep over it though, move on to 2007.

:P cheers :laugh:

PS; please say hello to Jim for me, tell him "the boy did good" and sorry I won't catch up with him at the Xmas party

CL's personal reasons should not be posted on the net. Way to many anonymous people look here.

But I can speculate, recent events have proven that no one is immortal. Nothing like a touch of mortality to slow down a race driver. That's my excuse anyway.

:( cheers :D

Any news on who is replacing Bright at FPR. Im available and my pace woudl be sure to make Frosty look good

I thought i heard that Steven Richards was making the change to Ford, so i assume he would take his spot! But i'm not certain! Anyone know of other options for him?

Your clip does show some great driving, always good to see. However

* the track was wet

* 2 cars had different compound tyres

* they touched at least 3 times during that clip

Do you have any idea how hard you need to hit someone to spin them off, or how it is affected by braking force, turning and even luck?

It doesn't take much effort when the car in front is hard on the brakes with the back end not really sticking to the ground as much as the car behind it giving it a tap with its front end wehich has all the weight transfer applied to that end...

all it needs is a slight tap to help break that final bit of traction to send it off..

I'm not suggesting the ute racing should be what all racing categories aim for, but I am 100% behind the stewards allowing close racing and being able to judge things as "racing incidents" where neither driver is at fault.

There is plenty of other racing behaviour that should be looked at before close racing/taps are a problem like:

* coming across on a faster car in a straight line

* not allowing racing room in a corner (pet hate this really stops overtaking)

* A/B/C pillar rules for the above

* more than 1 change of race line / blocking

* curb hopping (disgraceful these days check out bahrain supertaxis)

Close racing is one thing, shoving one another about and shunting is another, driving standard have slipped as a whole in the V8SC series, and its a shame, most other motorsports forms can manage to avoid hitting one another, heck most drift comp don't see contact, even when the cars are less than half a meter apart while sideways, if these guys can avoid hitting one another, i fail to understand why the v8 boys can't...

Oh and to the Gentleman that thinks rubbins not on,,,you sir have a very short memory. 1990 ATCC,,,Longhurst turns JB around. Brock turns JB around and then a C/dore wacks PB and puts him on his roof. Um thats 16 years ago bud.

from the sounds of your description, it sounds more like an accident..

as i said earlier, rubbing and paint swapping has only become a common place thing in the past few years, prior to the newer breed, eg during the days of brock, johnson bowe etc, there was very little of it going on, sure there was accidents, but is all they really where, there wasn't the tocuh ups of the current day series, which i think is just a display of poor driving...

roll on 2007 lowndes was robbed prick kelly won when he shouldnt have . on a real points scoring system tander would have won it in Bahrain

its time for us all to build a bridge and get over it :(

Oh and to the Gentleman that thinks rubbins not on,,,you sir have a very short memory. 1990 ATCC,,,Longhurst turns JB around. Brock turns JB around and then a C/dore wacks PB and puts him on his roof. Um thats 16 years ago bud.

Gees when JB was driving the Sierra you could just about set your watch by the time in the race Longhurst would punt JB off the track. It got so predictable as to be boring....

The point of interest was that during the course of the weekend ALL FOUR of the HRT/HSV team cars ran into Lowndes. Nice effort.

As to GT"s last few laps in race 2 (he was behind Murphy)

GT

1:38.4322

1:38.7484

1:39.4443

Murphy

1:38.1968

1:38.4317

1:38.6049

So given Murphy finished 2.5 seconds ahead of GT, you can't really say he had much incentive or even the chance to overtake him during the three clear laps he had after his stop/go penalty.

& Gazza, bugger building a bridge. Maintain the rage, I say. It is all very well saying GT would have won the championship if the points had have been structured differently. More to the point, had he stayed within the HSV team instead of submitting to the Walkinshaw inspired dodginess in the enduros he would have bagged a heap of points for Sandown & Bathurst. Instead of bugger all.

Edited by djr81

From the video posted, to me it looks more like Lowdnes chopped Rick R. Kelly instead, and came off worse.

R. Kelly was off the throttle at the time (unless V8 cars run overly rich when they're on the throttle and blow flames out the exhaust) and from the in-car shot he was right up on the edge of the track. And his distance from the track edge didn't change when he and Lowndes collided. From the outside cam you can see Lowndes coming across the track to avoid running into the back of T. Kelly going into that corner.

For me, it looked a racing incident. If anything, Lowndes was in the wrong. He was in the wrong track position braking for that turn, and got stuck in traffic. He decided to try and slot the car into 3/4 of a gap, and failed.

I don't follow V8 Supercars, and in the traditional Falcon vs Commodore rivalry my heart belongs to the Skyline. :wave:

Kelly was directly behind Lowndes, both of whom were on the brakes. So I am not sure how he was supposed to be overtaking him from there.

In that circumstance it is up to Kelly not to run into the bloke infront of him, not nurf him square in the rear bumper. I wouldn't ascribe any malice to Kelly for the incident, but there "penalty" imposed was a joke. He didn't care where he finished as long as it was ahead of Lowndes. So what the stewards handed down was meaningless.

I will be interested to see how much abuse he cops from the public next year. It is a bit unfortunate in the sense that of the four team drivers he comes across as the most grounded & least inflated with a sense of his own importance.

rick will only cop crap from the one eyed ford fans to us holden fans hail king kelly all bow down and hail the new champion oh clap to the chump lowdown s

Let me guess:

Dad drove a commodore, mum drove a Barina?

Holden Vs Ford is like saying which inbred twin is smarter.

Both cars are made by the same people.

In terms of racing talent, I'd give it to lowndes, and am I the only one not seeing rick slip towards the outside of the turn just as he makes contact?

If that's racing, then what would happen if on the starting grid, lowndes gets out of his car, walks over to ricks car opens the bonnet and steals the distributor cap?

Personally, I don't give a rats arse about one eyed holden or ford people, they're all idiots arguing over miniscule differences in cars and the culture behind them. This incident was a black mark on racing in Australia, and other people don't see it. No wonder rally is gaining in popularity.

The simple fact is that Kelly had a lot of help over the weekend. Why would they do that unless he could not win straight up? And if he could not win straight up, why the hell does he deserve to be champion?

Unfortunately it seems to be money talking rather than class. "Win on sunday, sell on monday" as they say, and with Fords recent success, maybe holden had a bit of a whine. Kind of pathetic to win by default.

Bring back the GTR. Can't "Rub" what you can't catch.

PS: Anyone been through HSV or FPR factories? Go if you get a chance. You'll never feel fully confident in the car again.

bring back the gtr ah yes i remember the one that crashed on the hill stopped the race and still won ...... so its not ok to win a championship by been consistant but it;s ok to crash stop a race and win bathurst cause it;s a nissin ok i see

Holden Vs Ford is like saying which inbred twin is smarter.

:O

Tricky Ricky copped the drive through for the incident which obviously says the stewards believe he did something wrong.

I think most people's frustration is that the punishment didn't end up fitting the crime - he copped the penalty but CL copped damage which meant he finished in a worse position.

We can all say 'that's racing' but the stewards need to ensure this doesn't become an excuse for poor driving standards or bad sportsmanship.

My view (not just cos I don't like RKelly but because I've seen this happen a few times over the years watching nsw state champs) is that you should be excluded from the results if you're found to have caused an incident which puts another car out of the race or leaves them with damage which significantly reduces their competitiveness.