SAU Community

R32 Gtst Vs R33 Gtst Stock?

Which one is better?

RB25DET.

That's all there is to it. Better engine, better gearbox, better car.

Subjective points aside, R33 is a hands down winner against the R32. Weight difference is about 70kg (if I remember correctly), which is bugger all. Though the R32 will slightly out-handle the R33 the other differences more than make up for it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one is better?

RB25DET.

Subjective points aside, R33 is a hands down winner against the R32. Weight difference is about 70kg (if I remember correctly), which is bugger all. Though the R32 will slightly out-handle the R33 the other differences more than make up for it.

Older model r32 gtst coupes are around 1280kg (my 1989 r32 gtst 4door auto with sunroof weighed 1320kg exactly) and the newer r32 gtst coupes are 1320kg (the newer models are from 91 i think and on and are heavier because they have extra side intrusion beams or something along those lines), r33 gts25t coupes are 1360kg (as claimed by nissan) which is only 40kg heavier than a later model r32, the extra torque and power of the rb25det more than makes up for the added weight anyway.

Edited by nizmo_freek

when i said the r32 feels "sloppy and soft" i was comparing it to the r33, the r33 feels more sporty!! i wasnt trying to piss anyone off i was just expressing my opnion (thats what a forum is for after all isnt it??)

I see now, you were comparing a 4 door sedan r32 to a coupe r33.

In my "opinion" thats is not a comparison that can be made and i think if you had a coupe with the suspension setup you mentioned:

BC Racing adjustable coilovers

Front and rear strut braces

Nolathane front upper arm bushes

Then it would be a very competent handling car. R32's are used for drifting but I have not seen on all the dvd's etc any r33's......

I see now, you were comparing a 4 door sedan r32 to a coupe r33.

In my "opinion" thats is not a comparison that can be made and i think if you had a coupe with the suspension setup you mentioned:

BC Racing adjustable coilovers

Front and rear strut braces

Nolathane front upper arm bushes

Then it would be a very competent handling car. R32's are used for drifting but I have not seen on all the dvd's etc any r33's......

Yes i was comparing the r32 sedan (1989 so was the lightest sedan) to my r33 coupe, the 89 r32 sedan should handle the same as a newer heavier model r32 coupe, so i dont see why that isnt a fair comparision??

What does drifting have to do with it? it is completly different to the usual track/grip driving, drift cars are setup to slide, track cars are setup to go fast round corners, so the handling abilties of say a drift setup r32 vs a track setup r33 are going to be completly different,so i dont see were drifting comes into it?? If you did setup a r33 for drift i dont see why it would be worse than a r32??There was a series1 r33 gts25t that was very competive in the drift scene in n.z a few years back and there is also a series1 r33 4door being used for drift at the moment aswell.

Edited by nizmo_freek

Yes i was comparing the r32 sedan (1989 so was the lightest sedan) to my r33 coupe, the 89 r32 sedan should handle the same as a newer heavier model r32 coupe, so i dont see why that isnt a fair comparision??

What does drifting have to do with it? it is completly different to the usual track/grip driving, drift cars are setup to slide, track cars are setup to go fast round corners, so the handling abilties of say a drift setup r32 vs a track setup r33 are going to be completly different,so i dont see were drifting comes into it?? If you did setup a r33 for drift i dont see why it would be worse than a r32??There was a series1 r33 gts25t that was very competive in the drift scene in n.z a few years back and there is also a series1 r33 4door being used for drift at the moment aswell.

OMG, you just dont get it do you. Cars that drift have to be well balanced and handle well as a start to be worth turning into a drifting car... and dynamically if you think a 4 DOOR SEDAN is equivelant to a 2 DOOR COUPE because the 4 door was the lightest of its kind then i dont know what else i can say to you....

NissanSkylineR32_drift.jpg

Edited by r32line

OMG, you just dont get it do you. Cars that drift have to be well balanced and handle well as a start to be worth turning into a drifting car... and dynamically if you think a 4 DOOR SEDAN is equivelant to a 2 DOOR COUPE because the 4 door was the lightest of its kind then i dont know what else i can say to you....

So your saying that r33's dont handle well and not worth turning into a drift car?? just because not many people use them dosent mean they cant be a good or "better" drift car than a r32, maybe drifters dont use them because the are dearer than a old r32?? Maybe drifters use r32's instead of r33's because they are cheap to buy in the 1st place and are easier to get cheap parts for??

Mate i dont want to start an argument with you about which car is better, look at the previous posts, some say the r32 is better, some say the r33 is better, in most cases it will come down to what car the driver prefers, and in my case i prefer the r33 over the r32!IMO the r33 is the better overall package, i was just expressing my opinions and experiances with each car, just like everyone else.

Edited by nizmo_freek

So your saying that r33's dont handle well and not worth turning into a drift car?? just because not many people use them dosent mean they cant be a good or "better" drift car than a r32, maybe drifters dont use them because the are dearer than a old r32?? Maybe drifters use r32's instead of r33's because they are cheap to buy in the 1st place and are easier to get cheap parts for??

Mate i dont want to start an argument with you about which car is better, look at the previous posts, some say the r32 is better, some say the r33 is better, in most cases it will come down to what car the driver prefers, and in my case i prefer the r33 over the r32!IMO the r33 is the better overall package, i was just expression my opinions and experiances with each car, just like everyone else.

Im not arguing over which is better, they are both great cars. People drift s15's and they are more expensive again. I honestly feel the r32 is a better car for drifting cause more ppl use it. In japan the 33's and 32's go for pretty much the same, so i dont think its price. That said the r33 has the better engine.

Your more than welcome to express your opinion as am I mine, i was just thinking that comparing a sedan and coupe of 2 different models is an un-even basis for comparison. Although i was more of a smart-ar$e when saying that... sorry :PBJ:

Im not arguing over which is better, they are both great cars. People drift s15's and they are more expensive again. I honestly feel the r32 is a better car for drifting cause more ppl use it. In japan the 33's and 32's go for pretty much the same, so i dont think its price. That said the r33 has the better engine.

Your more than welcome to express your opinion as am I mine, i was just thinking that comparing a sedan and coupe of 2 different models is an un-even basis for comparison. Although i was more of a smart-ar$e when saying that... sorry :PBJ:

Hehe no worries.Yourve got to agree tho, there both great cars and nothing in the same price range can compete with them :/

Hehe no worries.Yourve got to agree tho, there both great cars and nothing in the same price range can compete with them :/

Definately, i remember at the time searchin carsales for all cars in the price range.... I went through every single page to see what else ther was before i set my heart on the skyline... Not a single car i would like, some i would consider but no where near as good as a skyline!

lol.. just face it

its a known fact that many believe the R33 skyline is the failure in the skyline series.... (prior to the release of the v35 lol)

This statement points out the fact that the R32 was such a benchmark and stepping stone for the skyline series.. for its time/age/style and technology at the time.

They then came out with the R33 which is better in MANY respects but still not a strong enough step forward in the skyline series.

>> and seeing as the R32 is SO much older and can still be debated in such a topic lol. goes to show you how great the R32 was/is. The market value for such an old car when compared to the R33 is remarkable. Considering it is older in motor/interior... its still just.. and even more popular than the R33.

Oh. and R33's are only good if you need a car to buy your weekly groceries LOLLLL :/:D:O

Edited by chinkeboi

for the record older model r32's are:

coupe: 1260kg

sedan: 1290kg

if the performance wasnt similar we wouldnt be ahving this argument, the only problem is the amount of r33 drivers there are in here compared to the r32 drivers.

Which one is better?

RB25DET.

lol i love it, u say its an all round better car then at the end u admit the r32 handles better. well i dunno about u but handling is a pretty important factor of a performance car :D then again u are a R33 driver :O :O :/

lol.. just face it

its a known fact that many believe the R33 skyline is the failure in the skyline series.... (prior to the release of the v35 lol)

This statement points out the fact that the R32 was such a benchmark and stepping stone for the skyline series.. for its time/age/style and technology at the time.

They then came out with the R33 which is better in MANY respects but still not a strong enough step forward in the skyline series.

>> and seeing as the R32 is SO much older and can still be debated in such a topic lol. goes to show you how great the R32 was/is. The market value for such an old car when compared to the R33 is remarkable. Considering it is older in motor/interior... its still just.. and even more popular than the R33.

Oh. and R33's are only good if you need a car to buy your weekly groceries LOLLLL :/:D:O

lol excatly, right on the money :O

lol.. just face it

Oh. and R33's are only good if you need a car to buy your weekly groceries LOLLLL :(:D:O

Rb25 > Rb20

/end

guys sorry to change the subject but... how many of you r33 owners drive your cars on P's?

yip. tis my first car as well.

I started by looking for a Silvia/180SX then decided they were only slackers compared to skylines (I'm not interested in drift).

I thought that R32's were the car for me... until I drove a R33. Then things changed dramatically.

R33 is a larger car.. but the weight difference is not big at all, and the handling isn't poor it's designed to have more luxury. Spend the same on suspension and both cars will handle quite similar. But you also have to remember the RB25 is heavier, so put a RB25 into a R32 and it should even out to be about the same weight/handling.

Personally, I went with the R33. Performance was far superior and with few mods far more power. The gearbox is stronger also (GTR gearbox in RWD form). Extra space is a blessing, not a burden. More choice of lower KM models. Still being imported (more parts around after people crash theirs).

Private road (yep got access to one), friends R32 GTS-4 vs my R33 the 33 was the winner without too much effort. Stock to stock with the AWD advantage to him.

Buy the 33, get a fmic, boost controller, new fuel pump and a tune, should see a nice power output, then spend 2k on a suspension kit and you'll have a mean and quick skyline.

Buy a 32 with a RB25 and do the same. Both would end up the same.

In the end it comes down to style, I like 32's and I like 33's. Though I decided 33 in the end. Choices Choices!

Private road (yep got access to one), friends R32 GTS-4 vs my R33 the 33 was the winner without too much effort. Stock to stock with the AWD advantage to him.

wow u beat a GTS-4...congrats, they are heavier than R33 gts-t's and still only have an RB20 in them, u must feel honoured. sorry but street dragging is no way of measuring speed, even though the R32 in that scenario was a shit heavy one, for all we know he could have been a shit driver aswell.

Edited by nisskid