SAU Community

Just Car Insurnance

pear

Hi Guys,

Just looked at my latest insurance renewal... I noticed the 6mth option is now WAY more than the 12mths.

$150 more - after speak to JC, they told me it was a new 'administration fee'.

I can't believe they can charge $150 for this... but they are an insurnance company I surpose.

Just a warming for you all.

To give you an idea, with the cef its costing me $1250 or so a year, with an agreed value of $15k, ALL mods listed, $900 excess, and Im 22, with not the best driving history (far from the worst too). That and its pay by the month with no extra, and one free pain of glass each year. Its a damn good policy.

Another vote for Vigil or Shannons.

I am with Shannons, pay by the month.

Costs me $125.39 per month. Agreed value of $35k which was how much Shannons said my car is worth. I listed every single mod too and they were cool with it. $500 excess, 1 free glass per year, choice of repairer, option to buy back the wreck.

yeah each day that goes by i get more and more pissed off with justcar

they handed me a rating 1 and cheap excess per year and i thought all was good

.... until shit actually happened to my car, and it's been an utter nightmare to get these things fixed and back to pristeen condition

i think i'll be switching to shannons when i can afford it in the new year, and god knows why i didn't pick them in the first place =/

I thought shannons didn't insure your car unless you had a garage? A friend tried, and they knocking him back.

Seems a little silly to me, seeing as I don't know how ANY car could get stolen from a locked garage without more effort than it was worth!

I thought shannons didn't insure your car unless you had a garage? A friend tried, and they knocking him back.

Seems a little silly to me, seeing as I don't know how ANY car could get stolen from a locked garage without more effort than it was worth!

We got a carport, and they were fine with that.

Hey Chris

My insurance premium went up 4% this year and the cars aggreed value went down 7%...

So i argued til I was blue in the face. But i ended up going through them again as Shannons were way to expensive for me and virgil never got back to me...

Famous were alright until i started talking about high mount turbos... :laugh:

Do you HAVE to be over 25 to go with Shannons?

As above man, just call them they will do under 25s. I think they dont like under 21s tho...

And Col, no word of a lie, justcars gave me a quote of $1260 or something for an 'agreed' value of $11k with a rating one. They wouldnt budge either way, and the excess was $1500 or something.

Shannons, also with a rating one (that took a lot of convincing pulled out the defencive driving instructor thing etc about 5 times) were CHEAPER with the agreed $15k value. Id be calling them back hey, and talking to them a little more.

Hell Id just pay the extra money, the policy is that much better. But thats me.

As above man, just call them they will do under 25s. I think they dont like under 21s tho...

Cool, I'm 21 so that should be good. I'm about half way through my current insurance, so I'll probably wait till thats coming up.

(Justcar $1300 p/a covering $15500 with a $1400 excess)

We got a carport, and they were fine with that.

I know people who have been knocked back insurance with Shannons due to the fact they only had a carport.

Damn, some of those excesses are high :O

Mine's $500 :)

PS. It pays to be a female :wave:

Here's where I'm at...

R34 GTT - yr 2000, with a few minor mods

Agreed Value - $35000 - youngest driver is me 37 - Rating 1

Just Cars $1025 - $400 excess

Shannon $1208 - $500 excess

Vigil $1250 - $500 excess

Shannon & Vigil said the car MUST be garaged - no carports (lucky I have one of each)

I wasn't that impressed with either Shannon or Vigil, but that's just the person on the phone.

Now the big question...

is Shannon $200 per year better than Just Cars?