SAU Community

Uhf Radio For Cruzin'

Grrr

Between those 2, I would invest in the 1 watt model...better range, includes batteries, recharger, speaker microphone etc. Worth the extra $$$ IMO. Uniden is a reputable brand too when it comes to UHF's.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

where do i find one?

I bought my scanner from dick smith, wow also sell them too

You search the internet or uniden website to find freqs, or go to scan mode and license to everything, i can hear police, hungry jacks, train stations etc etc worht every buck

I think i want one of those ones you got there Chris...

Looks the biz...

Note: I can be the tool in the yellow R33 listerning to the police channels before you have a street race...

I can also tell the pizza boy to find another way home... ;)

I don't know how true it is but here goes, correct me if I am wrong.

I was informed the Police will soon be using a system which you will not be able to listen in on, well it will be garbled to your ear.

Might be worth researching that before purchasing a scanner which is often more expensive then a basic CB/UHF.

Ben all the cops that I have delt with at Harveys use qld police provided mobile phones...

The radio is only used for general coded info...

Its not like you can sit there and listern to back ground checks... I had a scanner in my old 4wd back in the day...

When they used to use analogue signal pre-1999 you could listern to your hearts content...

You can buy digital scanners (dick smith guy showed me they are 900 bucks0 and he reacons u can listen to them

i live in redcliffe, and luckiy for me my 200 bucks scanner works perfectly here as redcliffe is still on old system. i also get dbay, morayfeild cabultoure bribie , burpengary , and you get to hear alot of crimes go down :D

i also heard my mate in a skyline get fingered by the cops on it lol

a $900 dollar scanner isn't going to let you listen to police without the crypto they're using, however a little thinking and perhaps alot less expensive scanner might do the trick.. if all else fails perhaps a little social engineering never goes astray (ie flog a cops radio) :D

pffft you won't do it, and, for the records sake the only reason i was caught doing silly things and you weren't, was because you'd already lost your license for dragging a cop in a WRX.. f**king street racing wannabe hoons :(

I think i want one of those ones you got there Chris...

Looks the biz...

Note: I can be the tool in the yellow R33 listerning to the police channels before you have a street race...

I can also tell the pizza boy to find another way home... :)

Dont worry Col .. im not too far behind you ;) ...

As for the pizza boy.. 2 Fast 2 Furious Style... i reckon we need alot of vinyl stickers and neons :D

ahaha..

hmm so how do the scanners work.? seen them in a few cars. just has some lights and a small speaker. do u just hear them talk. or does it beap when ur nearby.

or am i thinking bout a radar detector.? do they work?

agreed, could some one please explain it to us all, i'm a little confused on the scanners.