SAU Community

Complete:

Trader Ratings;

• Fixed adding a comment

• Fixed member search

• Fixed multiple variables (IPB 2.2 uses new variable names)

• Added link to Trader Rating from Members list/search results

• Fixed Type

• Added URL input (not yet output)

Email notifications;

• Fixed paths to sendmail

• Added FROM field in the headers

Fixed attachments

Fix member group icons

Finished Sphinx search integration

Converted session table to HEAP engine

Installed Memcache to look after the query caching

Fix banners

ToDo:

Add URL output to trader comments

Add Trader details to members profile

Many server optimizations

Fix members' hosted webpages!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

umm either email notifications aren't working or all subscriptions have been lost again (like the upgrade before last)

Hope everything else is going OK with the move. And the baby lol.

Thanks Duncan. :)

Email notification will be the death of me. :rant:

trader ratings have a coupe of small probs. when I'm looking at my own, I click on "left for others" i get an error. so I can't see who I have or haven't left ratings for. well not easily.

but it's good to have them back, so I ain't complaining! :thumbsup:

I must say the speed of the new forum is very impressive - should have shifted long ago :domokun: There is nothing like a well tuned US server for reliability..

Do you hand tune the database settings? what db is it running?

I'm just working with a 1million record database at the moment, so just curious, as I'm working on some optimisation myself.

Predator, I am so happy you said that, I have been so nervous about the performance. It has hardly been tweaked at all so far, just some small MySQL caching changes. I have a bunch more to do over the weekend which will probably help considerably (including a new search engine that will speed searches up by at least 10x).

Seems nice and snappy so far..

I guess a lot of it comes down to the efficiency of IPB coding more than anything else - but I assume they have done it as intelligently as possible on that side.

I've found that tweaking a few of the mysql settings can do wonders, especially on larger databases (like I assume the message table on here)

Yeah it doesnt take much to make MySQL much quicker.

IPB still needs some work. For eg, when you go to page 2 of a 100 page topic, it will select ALL posts then find the posts for that topic and THEN order them and THEN display the ones for page 2... hence why, at this stage, the whoretown threads kill the system.

IPB 2.3 is being released soon with heaps of performance upgrades... should be much better.

Yeah it doesnt take much to make MySQL much quicker.

IPB still needs some work. For eg, when you go to page 2 of a 100 page topic, it will select ALL posts then find the posts for that topic and THEN order them and THEN display the ones for page 2... hence why, at this stage, the whoretown threads kill the system.

IPB 2.3 is being released soon with heaps of performance upgrades... should be much better.

well i can fix that problem. :( time for a little whore thread renewal perhaps? out with the old, in with the new.

umm

just noticed that my time is out by about 6 minutes

my laptop is accurate internet time,

eg now it is 2:46

but the board reckons its 2:40

gets confusing when posting, cause i look at the time to find out when they posted (specially if its a quick whore reply)

hey Christian, this isnt to do with the new server, but i didnt want to start a new topic :nyaanyaa:

whenever I go to do anything, it loads up the page to about 80% and then freezes for about 20secs before loading fully. It's not a major thing but it's like I'm back on dial up LOL

It's only been happening for the last month or so. I use Safari but also tried Firefox and it was exactly the same.

It's just this site... every other site/forum I go to is fine :pwned: