SAU Community

Common Problems With The Coupe

Flat head screw driver goes here and lift, snap out they come :domokun:

Need to take them off when taking off the door trim

Finally did it, cracked them out and replaced with new parts....

Hm, driver side went ok, but I cracked my passenger side (the old one)...

pics here....

post-328-1252110330_thumb.jpg

So becareful anyone attempted this, they need some medium-hard yank down the bottom side with a flat head

then work your way carefully to dislodge the side clips, dont force them cos obviously they're a bit fragile...

Of course this is if you plan to put them back on, e.g. just for removing door trim purposes for speaker install, etc...

If you plan to replace them like mine, don't worry, crack it, break it, dump it. :-)

I'm also keeping the box lids where they've got the part # on in case I need to re-order new ones in case they're broken again....

Left (passenger) = 80945-AM800

Right (driver) = 80944-AM800

THESE WILL ONLY FIT V35 COUPES! (Sedan has different slant angle)

post-328-1252110339_thumb.jpg

Finally did it, cracked them out and replaced with new parts....

Hm, driver side went ok, but I cracked my passenger side (the old one)...

pics here....

post-328-1252110330_thumb.jpg

So becareful anyone attempted this, they need some medium-hard yank down the bottom side with a flat head

then work your way carefully to dislodge the side clips, dont force them cos obviously they're a bit fragile...

Of course this is if you plan to put them back on, e.g. just for removing door trim purposes for speaker install, etc...

If you plan to replace them like mine, don't worry, crack it, break it, dump it. :-)

I'm also keeping the box lids where they've got the part # on in case I need to re-order new ones in case they're broken again....

Left (passenger) = 80945-AM800

Right (driver) = 80944-AM800

THESE WILL ONLY FIT V35 COUPES! (Sedan has different slant angle)

post-328-1252110339_thumb.jpg

So what do you think went wrong with the one that cracked??

I yank it too hard from the bottom part, causing it to bend too much on the way out...

once you've yanked the bottom part out, work your way up by leveraging from under the cap and slightly spread the sides out so it snap out of the clips easier, don't bend it too much outwards...

• 4 months later...

well I think either time or the 46C heat yesterday (or maybe combination) finally killed my passenger door lock actuator.

it won't trigger lock/unlock via the remote anymore. any idea how much it cost and if it is DIY?

well I think either time or the 46C heat yesterday (or maybe combination) finally killed my passenger door lock actuator.

it won't trigger lock/unlock via the remote anymore. any idea how much it cost and if it is DIY?

Make sure you haven't pressed the lock down button on the driver side controls :banana:

i got fooled for a bit with that

no the door lock button is to lock/unlock... that only locks/unlock driver side now. the other one is for windows lock. no other buttons.

as well as the alarm remote/fob key.

damn - Chris said it's not really DIY, need to strip down passenger door down to shell to get to the actuator...

I can only unlock the passenger car from inside the car now by pushing on the door handle button.

but when I unlock/lock using fob, I can hear the passenger side actuator working but it doesn't open.

maybe some kind of a catch got loose in the passenger side so the actuator wasn't pulling/pushing anything... :-(

on any of the cars I have done alarms on that door switch will run BOTH locks. the actuator is stuffed. there is no fixing it as the entire thing is sealed and it is the door catch as well. ask millos when yu see him next as I did his when I was last down there.

damn... then by the time you stripped the door you start thinking... why not replace the window motor as they might be on the way out too?

doesn't stop there isn't it?

for some reasons it seems to start working again... but until it's constantly doing without fault over the next few days I wouldn't say it's back from the dead as yet!

Chris,

The day after I picked my car up, the passenger window dragged/bounced when I wound it down and it hasn't been operating correctly since. Then yesterday the drivers window was playing up (when you close the door and it auto winds up against the door seal, it would wind down again).

The dealership gave me your card (for the audio conversion stuff). Do you offer services replacing the window motors?