SAU Community

Common Problems With The Coupe

I've also decided to turn off the automatic mirror fold and save it for when I "may" park it in a tight space or parking lot. Apart from the novelty wearing thin, I've noticed when the side mirrors fold out the actual mirrors themselves don't always return to the preset position and I often have to re-adjust incar. Same applies with the "reverse tilt" on the mirrors, can that be turned off?

Edited by mosoto

I had the seat not working once, it wa due to a mate 'rushing' the seat back.

Turned the engine off, and then on and off and on a few times and the seat hasnt missed a beat since.

Try and get it back into place, then try and jump it into action by moving back and forwards.

I have a 2003 Coupe with the beige full-leather interior. At start-up the pop-up screen proudly displays that i need to "pit". Admittedly this makes me feel a little like a race-car driver, but is getting annoying. I have had the car serviced at Nissan since i got it and the "pit" warning is still there. Anyone know if this is serious or a way of removing this?

We all know how easily the interior in our car can get scratched badly, especially if the previous owner in Japan fancy wearing lots of rings on their fingers...

I got this from riverside infiniti, apparently the grip cap for the door trim is symmetrical so no problem ordering from USA. cost about US$90 delivered for the pair.

post-328-1245460332_thumb.jpg

Question is, for those of you who have pulled it apart, do you know if the grip cap is a simple pull out of the old caps or is there a screw securing the back of the cap? I saw two pins on the back of the caps and there's a hole in the middle of each pin, so that might be where a screw must have been used, but I'm not sure...

see pics...

post-328-1245460371_thumb.jpgpost-328-1245460381_thumb.jpg

I've not taken mine off but at a guess:

Indent tab at the bottom is for a flat head screwdriver or sim tool to pry it away from the door panel. The studs all look interference fit into ferules. The tab at the base may be for a screw fixing and if so you'll likely need a long shank philips head screwdriver.

We all know how easily the interior in our car can get scratched badly, especially if the previous owner in Japan fancy wearing lots of rings on their fingers...

I got this from riverside infiniti, apparently the grip cap for the door trim is symmetrical so no problem ordering from USA. cost about US$90 delivered for the pair.

post-328-1245460332_thumb.jpg

Question is, for those of you who have pulled it apart, do you know if the grip cap is a simple pull out of the old caps or is there a screw securing the back of the cap? I saw two pins on the back of the caps and there's a hole in the middle of each pin, so that might be where a screw must have been used, but I'm not sure...

see pics...

post-328-1245460371_thumb.jpgpost-328-1245460381_thumb.jpg

oooo i was wondering if you could get these!

are these the brush aluminum finish or are they the plastic ones as found in the older models? i wonder if the aluminum brushed ones fit in older models......

mosoto might be right about the indent tab, I start noticing it a few minutes after my post... but the top one is a clip with a plastic catch, so I reckon once it's pried open from the bottom and tilted, with the same flat head i could press the catch clip at the top to release it...

Blitsc,, yes you can get them, mine is 2003 model so this is a painted plastic one, painted in aluminium/silver finish.

not sure about later model if that's yours, you might as well contact riverside infiniti to ask it... got mine off ebay, under riverside infiniti's store.

not sure old vs new model but if the new one is brushed aluminium, and your car is early model, it may not look the same with your door latch opener.

you may have to replace the whole grip and door latch/lock latch to make them look the same.

If you are replacing it no point in being gentle getting it off !!!! If it breaks atleast you'll know how to get the other off :rofl2:

Edited by mosoto

Rianto, do u mind lending the pair of old ones to me, if u r not gonna use it? i wanna ask someone to make a mould and get a CF grip, but don dare to do it on my own ><"

I'm gonna re-try & yank it harder tomorrow if that didn't break them... looks like it just need to be pried hard, no screws, but looking how the thin plastic cap flexes I'm not sure if it'll survive...

will let you know how i go...

if they break not sure how that'll affect the accuracy of your mould

• 2 months later...
I'm gonna re-try & yank it harder tomorrow if that didn't break them... looks like it just need to be pried hard, no screws, but looking how the thin plastic cap flexes I'm not sure if it'll survive...

will let you know how i go...

if they break not sure how that'll affect the accuracy of your mould

Sorry to re-hash ...but did you end up getting them off in one piece?

I'm super keen to get some new ones and wouldn't mind knowing beforehand how tough these are to get off.

not yet...

time is not on my side...

haven't got a chance to do it... as I prefer to do it during the day with lots of day lights

but my weekends have been full or errands.

My drivers side power window switch is starting to work only when it wants...

Same here. Luckily, mine covered by insurance so it was fixed. After that, I try not to open windows anymore. :P