SAU Community

M35 Info

Brazen

Hi Chris

CAn You give me a price for the english buttons M35.

And if im taking out the dash, an idea on what I need to get the TV working, I will be changing the stereo at the same time.

Thanks heaps

Murray

the ENTIRE dash has to come out to swap these buttons out.

clarify get TV working. that can be taken several ways by me.

buttons what are you expecting to pay - the price of these may scare you.

show me a pic of your dash pls.

Hi Chris

Sorry i was not very clear with my request.

The TV can recieve the sound for channel seven here in Sydney, but picture is not clear, like it needs horizontal hold adjusted(old style tv's had this), Didnt have an idea on the button prices, saw previous post you mentioned you had them available so thought I would ask. PM me with price if you prefer.

I can take photo of the dash tomorrow and post it.

Thanks

Murray

Hi Chris

Sorry i was not very clear with my request.

The TV can recieve the sound for channel seven here in Sydney, but picture is not clear, like it needs horizontal hold adjusted(old style tv's had this), Didnt have an idea on the button prices, saw previous post you mentioned you had them available so thought I would ask. PM me with price if you prefer.

I can take photo of the dash tomorrow and post it.

Thanks

Murray

Hi Murray

The TV does not work because the frequency for Aust TV is different to Japan. You need to install an Australian Digital TV tuner. There is a DIY thread on this forum with instructions of how to install it posted by Chook or I am sure Chris would be able to supply and fit one for you.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by andy65b

murray,

pretty much the case. I can get into the technical side of it but the above says it all.

I do reworks on these cars if you are interested - ask :P

andy,

M35 vs C34 is a bit different. it takes a bit more fiddling.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd just like to add another workshop offering compliance for the M35's.

Carmen Imports in Brisbane (www.carmenimports.com).

Anyone after more info on these guys, PM me in 2 weeks time :D

Edited by moderators as per the Forum Guidelines...

not wanting to get into a shitfight here but I find craig (carmen) quite easy to work with. harass him 3-4 times a day and tell him how to do his job and he becomes an entirely different person. leave him alone and wait for a phone call or call him once a week for a progress report and he's fine.

now I was there when your car arrived. it was 19 days later when it left. I did my part of it on day 16 before it was signed off and plated. plates on average take 5-7 days to clear at best and before that the car gets fully inspected and serviced. considering he had other paying customers there as well 19 days is quite good. there are some people on here that bought and paid for their cars back in may (RB26stagea.) and the cars are still sitting at the compliance shop.

a bit of patience goes a long way.

btw look at the rear left of your car - there is overspray there.

not wanting to get into a shitfight here but I find craig (carmen) quite easy to work with. harass him 3-4 times a day and tell him how to do his job and he becomes an entirely different person. leave him alone and wait for a phone call or call him once a week for a progress report and he's fine.

now I was there when your car arrived. it was 19 days later when it left. I did my part of it on day 16 before it was signed off and plated. plates on average take 5-7 days to clear at best and before that the car gets fully inspected and serviced. considering he had other paying customers there as well 19 days is quite good. there are some people on here that bought and paid for their cars back in may (RB26stagea.) and the cars are still sitting at the compliance shop.

a bit of patience goes a long way.

btw look at the rear left of your car - there is overspray there.

Look I'm not trying to cause damage either. I have absolutely no dramas with how long it took. I had no idea it would take that long at the beginning, which made it difficult to understand. But yes looking back now 19 days is pretty quick, and I'm very happy with that.

Why do people think that just because they did a good job and quicker than other workshops that they can treat the customer like crap? Any compliance workshop can comply a car. Not all of them can look after a customer.

I never told Craig how to do his job - I think I must have been misinterpreted. I did NOT call 3-4 times a day. I never called more than twice a week and where I did call twice a week, one of those times was to provide info that they needed. All I wanted to know was how it was going and how long they estimated it would take. I didn't think that was unreasonable. But still I wasn't told, so I gave it another week, and called again...I had no idea this was offensive. People do it all the time - if you're paying a company for something, and they dont provide sufficient info on how its going, then you normally would chase them up for a quick update. Do you not agree? One call per week asking for an eta is not excessive in my opinion.

Please dont take it personal. I'm happy with your work, Chris.

This isn't about the work or anything else - purely how I was treated as a customer. And that means a lot to me.

I'm not going to take this any further, so please dont think I'm trying to damage their rep or anything. All I've done is share my experience. Search the forum - I'm not the only one thats experienced this. If my story makes someone go elsewhere, then that wasn't my intention. All I want is for people to hopefully avoid being spoken to the way I was. Anyone else would've lost their cool after being told what I was told, so please dont talk to me about being patient.

Yeah it looks like there has been a poor colour match on the rear left panel, but it doesn't phase me that much. We got the car about 8-10K less than most dealers are charging so all up it was worth it. :wave:

Look I'm not trying to cause damage either. I have absolutely no dramas with how long it took. I had no idea it would take that long at the beginning, which made it difficult to understand. But yes looking back now 19 days is pretty quick, and I'm very happy with that.

Why do people think that just because they did a good job and quicker than other workshops that they can treat the customer like crap? Any compliance workshop can comply a car. Not all of them can look after a customer.

I never told Craig how to do his job - I think I must have been misinterpreted. I did NOT call 3-4 times a day. I never called more than twice a week and where I did call twice a week, one of those times was to provide info that they needed. All I wanted to know was how it was going and how long they estimated it would take. I didn't think that was unreasonable. But still I wasn't told, so I gave it another week, and called again...I had no idea this was offensive. People do it all the time - if you're paying a company for something, and they dont provide sufficient info on how its going, then you normally would chase them up for a quick update. Do you not agree? One call per week asking for an eta is not excessive in my opinion.

Please dont take it personal. I'm happy with your work, Chris.

This isn't about the work or anything else - purely how I was treated as a customer. And that means a lot to me.

I'm not going to take this any further, so please dont think I'm trying to damage their rep or anything. All I've done is share my experience. Search the forum - I'm not the only one thats experienced this. If my story makes someone go elsewhere, then that wasn't my intention. All I want is for people to hopefully avoid being spoken to the way I was. Anyone else would've lost their cool after being told what I was told, so please dont talk to me about being patient.

Yeah it looks like there has been a poor colour match on the rear left panel, but it doesn't phase me that much. We got the car about 8-10K less than most dealers are charging so all up it was worth it. :(

Steven,

I have had several people contact me over your posts & they have all encouraged me to post a reply. I am publicly airing my response as you have aired your strong opinion about me. We are a long term Compliance shop & as you all know or should by now, we have to deal with the tedious and rigid Federal Government requirements for our beloved imports.

I regret that you took my comments in the light that you have. Please understand though, your phone call to me on the Thursday to tell me that your car was ready as you had seen it on the Government website, ticked me off a little too much. After many long-hour days and prioritising the compliance of your vehicle, we were very close to completion. As with every job, there is a process we were following - and at the time of your phone call your plate was already on order.

It was not well received at that point for you to question why we weren't doing our job, asking why you couldn't have your car when your investigations had shown that it was approved. Prior to this point we had explained the final stages of waiting for the plate to release. We do our job as efficiently and effectively as possible, and the more interruptions to our day with time consuming phone calls and emails; the less likely we are to work at a maximum capacity.

Carmen was only responsible for your vehicle once it arrived with us - a total of 19 working days, not 2 months that you mentioned in your first post. Yes I do get upset, yes I sometimes say things in haste, yes - I work in a stressful industry. I did give my apology in the same call you made to me. I did explain again the processes & the fact we cannot give definite ETA's.

Please put yourself in our position for a moment. We have worked long and hard to build an impeccable reputation in the industry. We never suggested for one moment that you were not polite and yes, you try to be nice to people. What you failed to mention in your post was that in addition to the phone calls, there were numerous positive emails, and a touchy feely experience for the majority of the time, including when you called into the workshop on arrival of your car - so overall, the treatment you had as a customer was exceptional - hindered by you telling us how to do our job after you had visited the Government website. Your price was quoted up front for compliance and this was adhered too. Any additional work carried out was to improve the vehicle or to enable it to pass its Australian requirements. We are a business & yes we do seek a return for our investment in this industry & we believe it to be fair & equitable to all.

I do read the forums & I have seen some very positive comments and some not so positive, but there is always two sides to every story. Over our 12 years I believe we have provided another competent alternative in the Import Industry.

It is our hope that you would stop airing your thoughts on a public forum, so that we can continue to get on with providing exceptionally fast, efficient and thorough compliance to all our other happy customers.

Craig & the Team at Carmen Import Centre

It was not well received at that point for you to question why we weren't doing our job, asking why you couldn't have your car when your investigations had shown that it was approved.

Ok, please let me put this thing to rest now.

One week earlier, I was sent an email from Carmen saying that it was possible we may be able to take delivery of our car "next week". I didn't take this as a definite eta and when it came near the end of the next week I just wanted to confirm.

So the ONLY reason I called was simply to see if the car would be ready by the end of that week. I realise now that you mistook me as saying that you were holding up the process. Please accept my apology for this - I had simply looked up the website, seen it was approved and thought "oh great, my car may be ready soon". So all I was doing was confirming if this was going to be the case.

Unfortunately, it looks like my call was completely misinterpreted and I can only apologise for that.

My reason for mentioning the approval date was only to work out if this meant the plate would reach you on friday. I thought you already knew the info i was referring to, so I was a bit surprised when you reacted as if I had just called to tell you this info.

Carmen was only responsible for your vehicle once it arrived with us - a total of 19 working days, not 2 months that you mentioned in your first post.

Sorry - thats what I meant. I hope it didn't come across any other way.

A small mod that Andy65b put me onto for all you who think things are upside down in the M35 tiptronic world.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ti...Di-t189357.html

5 minute job....bit confusing to drive at first due to the original setup.......but at least it logical now.

Credit where credit is due, Zei20l, poined me in the right direction. Thanks, love ya work... Only 5 minutes. this is so easy.

Who is printing round stickers to put over the old + & -? for the M35

Cheers

Andy

A small mod that Andy65b put me onto for all you who think things are upside down in the M35 tiptronic world.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Ti...Di-t189357.html

5 minute job....bit confusing to drive at first due to the original setup.......but at least it logical now.

BRILLIANT!!! :D

Now I will be more inclined to use the tiptronic as I could not stand the illogical original setup.

Cheers. :)

i didnt do anything lol i read the same instructions and told you mate :D

stickers might be harder. we have a vinyl cutter at work, maybe i can jiggy something up

Sometimes it does not take much. You read the threads which which count.

I recon Jetwreck might be able to help us...... let's see what he says.

PS. Now I have to think when making quick changes......keep going to change down under power instead of up (in the new direction)

Edited by andy65b