SAU Community

JJR Coil Packs Vs Oem Vs Splitfire Vs Other

They are exactly the same as JJR, only $100 dearer per set.

WRONG

i am very good friends with the owner of Super Spark

Super Spark were the first company to go out and develop an alternative to splitfire to combat the rip off prices....

"other companies" caught wind and promptly followed

i can assure you the quality comparison between "similar coils" and Super Spark is second to none!!!

all GENUINE super spark coils are moulded from the factory with the genuine super spark logo and model number

they also have THOROUGH and legitimate testing results! as seen in high performance imports magazine..

www.superspark.com.au for more info or Autobarn australia

post-25234-1199059372_thumb.png

Edited by heyhey!

Quoted from superspark.com.au

With the modifications the GTR had so far it was only capable of reaching 355kw (shown in green on the dyno graph) at all four wheels with 19psi of boost due to ignition break down.

Legitimate testing is against a set of new splitfires or good OEM coils that are not stuffed causing breakdown. I haven't seen the test in HPI magazine but I would hope its nothing like what is shown on the superspark home page.

What was with the huge mid range lost in that last GTR dyno comparison?

Reading the superspark.com.au results leaves me feeling a little iffy about them. Why post results of back to back (the last gtr dyno sheet compare) when clearly the test wasn't performed in a controlled manner?

Or (I highly doubt) is it the coils causing the GTR to loose up to a very noticable 27rwkw in the mid range. :S

Regardless; if they are the same $500 cost as to the splitfires I'll simply grab the splitfires.

If they were around $400 I would consider them as they have not yet proven them selves. But that is IMO. :D

Are you claiming these coils magically make more horsepower than an OEM coil (that isn't stuffed) or a splitfire coil?

How long have these superspark coils been around for? Its much like the JJR's. They haven't been proven to last the distance.

At least JJR are offering a better priced product; it gets people buying them and possibly proves they perform well.

Something is iffy about that last dyno run; you increase boost mid range picks up not just the top end. It looks almost as if its a larger turbo.

A much more convincing dyno comparison would have been one that depicts realistic results.

To average joe they look at that dyno sheet and thing wtf its lost power through the mid range; those coils must be crap for high hp peak torque.

Splitfires have been around for a very long time and are priced the same as the supersparks. supersparks haven't proven them selves to last the distance.

JJR offering a coil that is new to the market for a considerable $100 cheaper is a good thing.

Thats IMO.

there is obvious reasons for not comparing to splitfires...they have morals and dont see the point in putting other companies products to shame

I stated splitfires or OEM. You stated the above; Hence the magical statement.

Compare Apples with apples, go with OEM if possible slagging of another brand exists.

dont forget before Super Spark came out splitfires were much more expensive

How long have the supersparks been available for? ~Oct 07 the trademark was reg'd; June ~07 it was filled.

Splitfires have been down around $500 well before then. At least a good 1.5years from what I remember; prior to that they were available online from nengun and the likes for in the 500's.

FYI; I believe the first aftermarket coil (apart from split fires) were the F.E.T coils. They too were an identical red colour but have been floating around in small numbers for a good few years that I am aware of.

Lets keep this thread on topic and the bullsh*t out of it. This thread is about JJR coils not Superspark.

i am not claiming any magical power...as you quoted before...previously the gtr was unable to put any power figure like this out...FULL STOP...

it is proving that with the super spark it was capable of making 376kw at all fours...which is dam impressive In my opinion

jjr might be cheaper...but doesn't meen the quality is the same does it?

dont forget before Super Spark came out splitfires were much more expensive...most likely they only lowered their price to ditch the stock they have

With the way you carry on with "super spark" heyhey!, I doubt I would ever buy any.

But I would go with the spitfires, extra $100 maybe, but proven by "independent" tuners and car enthusiasts.

But, then again you could just buy some commodore coils from ya local wreckers for $50 bucks and wire them up, thats what I'm in the middle of doing.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Vn...Rb-t178522.html

it is proving that with the super spark it was capable of making 376kw at all fours...which is dam impressive In my opinion

So are Factory Coils

So are Splitfires

So are FET

And likely so are JJR

Whats your point?

dont forget before Super Spark came out splitfires were much more expensive

Ye, and before Super Spark came out, the AUD wasn't worth anything it is today against the Yen.

Its a rather large key factor that you obviously haven't even thought of.

when i said legitimate testing i meen its the first actual company to go out and do testing and clearly show in plain view the testing results!....no one else is yet to do this! what are they hiding?

Your kidding right?

The countless users here that have made over 400rwkw with factory (or splitfires) is proof in the pudding.

A well established maker doesn't have to prove itself once it already has, and has continued to do so for many years.

In all honesty mate, your not doing your "good friends business" any favours with the posts your making.

Most users here on SAU are generally well enough informed

Been using supersparks for a while now (4-6months or so in a few cars) and helped with the testing, so far ive had no failures and can honestley say i am happy to use them in my own cars.

did back to back with the split fires, FET, superspark in the 26 and honestley say they all pulled within a kw or so of each other (all mid 350rwkw's) so they can happily pull mild numbers.

But if you think you are going to gain power from coils you are sadly mistaken, if the std coils are not doing their job then YES you will see an increase but i guarantee if you whack in a nice NEW set of NISSAN coils you will match power with your splitfires and so forth... problem is std nissan coils are as dear as poison and it is simply easier and cheaper to use aftermarket.

• 2 weeks later...

i just purchased myself a set of SplitFires at $480 from sliding performance for my rb20det... and i also bought some for my brothers s14a sr20det. Id rather pay the extra $80 to have the thought in the back of my head that they are proven parts. However a mate just put in JJR coils in his r32 and he said they are awesome. Tried to make me buy some but I like to stick to what i know..

• 1 month later...

I have just pulled my JJR Coil packs out for a spark plug change (1st one since putting them in) and the rubber tips were stuck to a plugs so badly that they have nearly all broken in getting them off? anyone have any idea what the hell happened?

I guess i will just have to use the rubber things off my old coil packs which are in perfect condition

I got Spitfire Coil Packs with a Di (Direct Ignition) Bridge leading from the coil pack railing to the battery in my car with NGK Platunum spark plugs. It does the job really good.

If ya not running too high boost or have a soft modded car I think the OEM coil packs are fine but guess it dosen't hurt to have the aftermarket ones.

• 1 month later...

Hi,Just a quick question which coil packs are better if you are running a msd dis4,Ive heard splitfire coil packs cant be used with msd

Ive just had a set die on me,Ive put the std ones back in seems fine again,so im thinking to stay std

your thoughts

thanks