SAU Community

JJR Coil Packs Vs Oem Vs Splitfire Vs Other

Don't agree with this statement. All the stuff I've seen from China has been lower quality than the Japanese made stuff. 1/2 the price for sure. And China may make thousands of motorbikes but not that many make it into Australia.

Aftermarket gear they close the gap somewhat, but I won't in general buy china made electronics or important components.

do you know your ipod is made in china. is your ipod low quality? mine is not

for the coils, if splitfire are just $100 more i really wouldnt bother thinking.

Edited by Eliack

• 4 months later...

i thought id add my 2c - i used to run the stock coils cos of a bit of misfire. so i changed it to splitfires.. it worked ok for a while....

one day i had a BAAAD misfire on cold starts in the morning. i got IGN error code when running a diag. i put my stock coils back on.. and walla!!!!!

i emailed NENGUN for a refund/replacement.. they said it was outside the 1 year warrany(they are telling fibs). in the end i wrote them a REALLY abusive email and i am ready to throw my splits in the bin!

Iv learnt the HARD way.. theres no replacement for the stock coils. they are just plain awesome! if you having issues, an ignition amplifier does wonders!!

BTW - I have seen alot of 1000+hp GTR's running stock coils with ignition amplifiers.

Seriously, splitfires etc are crap(no offence). I have heard from the big boys here in nz that the stockers are best. Now i know for a fact.

MUCH respect to OEM!!!

they are just plain awesome! if you having issues, an [ignition amplifier does wonders!!

BTW - I have seen alot of 1000+hp GTR's running stock coils with ignition amplifiers.

:blink:

details?

Edited by Tomek

• 1 month later...

super spark misfire - recently shown in a column in either hpi/hot 4s cant remember which one. Go splitfires (which i think it was donnons column) which is the closest thing to stock coils anyone will get :) or even the jjr ones for warranty

Edited by DaGr81

Would you mind finding out the magazine and issue in which you read that?

My bad they didn't say which brand but they are red coils (anyhow the whole article is in hot 4s issue 171)

Have fun it's a great read

3 that i know of.. jjr. superspark. fet. plus i have heard of different brands as well other than oem or splitfire so there is a wide selection to choose from, could be any if they haven't stated.

Edited by heller44

• 1 month later...

So now with the price difference of $250 between JJR and Splitfire (thanks to the worthless AUD) which would you choose for a daily? Planning to keep the car for another 2-3 years. Has anyone had any bad experiences with the JJR since the last update on the thread and if so how has the 12 month warranty held up with the seller?

Cheers

well there may be a price difference now but I guess once Just Jap are out of current stock they will have to up prices too. Splitfire in yen vs JJR coils in USD probably they have both increased by about 40%.

Buy now before the local stock runs out.....I don't think AUD will be rising again for a wwhile

• 4 weeks later...

i just bought a set of JJR coils and ran them down to the tuner as my car was missfiringall over the shot... as i gave them to him and told him it was JJR his head just hit the box... im hoping for about 240rwkw and he told me a bloke running the same power blew 3 sets of JJR on the dyno.... splitfire is much much better i think after that...but will see how my car goes when its done...

btw this was rank rotary and sabbiden automotive that said this .. any comments on this????

i bought a set of JJRs two weeks ago from justjap as the Splitfires were no longer an option for me. car was missing pretty badly at the top. had them installed. went and got a Toshi remap the next week. zero misses, awesome spark no problems to date. will keep you informed if anything does come up though

• 2 months later...