SAU Community

R32 Ls1 Conversion

BezerkR32

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are also startermotor relocation kits available now which puts the starter on the other side which would solve all the issues. if your 32 goes 1350kg, you will be 450kg lighter than a VE, trust me, you dont need to turbo it. the car turns 3rd gear for fun. the torque is massive.

found a thread on sump extensions and baffeling, going to do this before next track day.

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh....php?t=67247482

That sump looks the money, bolt it up and get to wakie hehe

COOL! Thanks for posting. Its got some toe out of turn 1 when you stretched its legs. Sounds so sweet, makes more usable power then any turbo 6 would make. So in the world of crazy conversions i am torn between Chev or 20B :P (not that i will be doing either...but fun to dream)

brakes are great, they were recommended by Duncan who is a good source of info and advice for most things bar pushrod v8s lol. They easily outbtake the mechanical grip of the tyre if you jump on them. i realed off 6 laps straight, 3 of which were in the 1.08sand the rest 1.09s and they were great. its the first time ive had the confidence to climb on them hard as the car setup is improving all the time. i could cover the brake in turn 1 at 240kph without unsettling the car and easily make the turn in to turn 2, very happy. but my car is light so doesnt work them as hard.

Sounds plenty strong stu :P

How are you finding the brakes?

yeah dunc has reccomended them to me as well...so cmon mr tax return

you run the 330's front and rear yeah?

I think im just gonna do the fronts on mine as its not as quick in a straight line as yours.

haha get stuffed both of you :P

good to see the times tumbling Stu....I'm sure it has a couple more seconds over the next 12 months with more development which makes this about the quickest GTST going around

ok Roy, its only a warm up lap while tuning but its ok.

Oh yeah bring on the SAUNSW day!!!

Im not kidding, so many people say it sounds like a v8supercab, and you know what? Get someone to drive it and close your eyes. You'll agree!

I finally worked out where you got the inspiration from for the colour scheme for your car - you copied one of my toys! :devil:

I built this baby from a wreck 25 years ago and have spent the last month bringing it back to life after having it in storage for 22 years. She also runs a side pipe with a very open exhaust - she makes some noise (stirs up the neighbours to no end) but it is not in the same league as your car.

In addition, Daniel's car now has a complete new front end (suspension, steering and brakes) in it and it is at the panel shop for some structual repairs. I am also in the process of picking up a full set of R33 GTR front panels (guards, bonnet and front bar) so the big question is do I make it into a Series II or a GTR. Decisions, decisions but to save 20 kg and be able to run 9's all round is very tempting........

post-24210-1274269204_thumb.jpg

post-24210-1274269232_thumb.jpg

post-24210-1274269252_thumb.jpg

post-24210-1274269429_thumb.jpg

ahh, good charles, good too see the projects are coming along. the little jeep looks great. sooner its done you can turn your attention to the track cars.

I started the oil pan/sump modifications on saturday. actually almost finished it with only some internal gates left to do and put a relief in the front fot the sway bar.

hope to have it finished this week.......then just have to swap it with the one in the car and re-plumb the cooler and external oil filter. Pretty happy so far as it only took about 4 hours.

I finally worked out where you got the inspiration from for the colour scheme for your car - you copied one of my toys! :(

I built this baby from a wreck 25 years ago and have spent the last month bringing it back to life after having it in storage for 22 years. She also runs a side pipe with a very open exhaust - she makes some noise (stirs up the neighbours to no end) but it is not in the same league as your car.

In addition, Daniel's car now has a complete new front end (suspension, steering and brakes) in it and it is at the panel shop for some structual repairs. I am also in the process of picking up a full set of R33 GTR front panels (guards, bonnet and front bar) so the big question is do I make it into a Series II or a GTR. Decisions, decisions but to save 20 kg and be able to run 9's all round is very tempting........

post-20078-1274581928_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274581944_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274581959_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274581971_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274581986_thumb.jpg

Are you going to the 17th July Track day? Gutted, I will be back in Aus at that time but have a wedding on the same day. Would have been good to take my car out for a long overdue spin and see who was loudest, gate or 8? :(

did most of the internal baffles and gates today. time consuming but almost done. just need to add a few in the sump and make sure its all clear when bolted in.

post-20078-1274790372_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274790382_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274790393_thumb.jpg

post-20078-1274790401_thumb.jpg

Looking nice stu :P

Do you wanna do my 30 sump lol?

And what rockers did you replace the Yella Terra's with, I think you said Harland Sharp was a possibility

ended up finding that it was rocker ratio that was the issue, not the brand so replaced the 1.8s with 1.7s.

we tried to run a group buy on custom oil pans, but had no interest. if you want one done PM me. there are pics of the rb sumps i have done on here, but like i said people were to tight to spend $550. rather rebuild engines lol.

Looking nice stu :P

Do you wanna do my 30 sump lol?

And what rockers did you replace the Yella Terra's with, I think you said Harland Sharp was a possibility

hahha, you know, they look like a horse.....

got the sump finished this arvo and back in the car tonight. re-plumbed the remote filter, cooler and oil pressure switches.

everything is sweet, fits neatly with no clearance issues. Engine now holds around 8.5 litres on a dry fill which is a great improvement over the 6 litre capacity from factory.

unfortunately on start up we found a pin hole on one of the welds around the high pressure outlet so the pan needs to come off again. I wont be doing it in the car again so going to pull the engine and put a bearing set through it while im at it.

happy that it all fits and everything is plumbed, but also dissapointed with the leak.

probably puts me out for sau track day. ;)

charles....definately gtr front....more rubber is always handy up front and it gives you the option of running same size tyres all round.

stu...what is a "rocker"??