SAU Community

The OzEmail Racing Team

PranK

Yep, C3 is the entry level license (= wearing "P" plates again:p ) C4 is basically for national series (supercars, nations cup etc) C5 is international, eg Baturst 24hrs/ Le Mans etc....

I've gotta tell you, it's much easier to get these in GT3 than the real world:D

Yep, Bathurst 24hr was requiring C5 = International class license. I think that is part of why they are having trouble finding enough local drivers. The C5 upgrade is on a similar basis to C4 upgrade - observed performance in national level competitions over a number of races.

Originally posted by PeakRPM

Duncan.

Corect if I'm wrong...But I think you actually need some sort of approval/expirence level to race at Bathurst ?

Yep thats sounds about right Peak,,,The real Bathurst requires some experience in V8 supercars ,,,,I'll find out for sure on Monday when my Boss gets back from Mallala....His son's doing Formula Ford this weekend. Go the Bosch Spectrum.....

Neil.

Both bathurst races just require a C5 license - but you don't have to have raced a supercar before - there's a couple of BTCC drivers coming over for the Bathurst 1000 race.

I think most of the teams just prefer someone who's driven them before coz they're pretty different compared to other touring car classes.

Originally posted by blind_elk

Kim didn't offer up an apology for bagging the flaggies coz his useless brother couldn't keep it on the black stuff, did he?

ROFL,,,,,Kim's a wild boy thats for sure. Did you know he punched Brad big time in the pits years ago......Wonder how long Bowe will last there????.

Neil.

Originally posted by ndr

Yep thats sounds about right Peak,,,The real Bathurst requires some experience in V8 supercars ,,,,I'll find out for sure on Monday when my Boss gets back from Mallala....His son's doing Formula Ford this weekend. Go the Bosch Spectrum.....

Neil.

I must say I don't think quoting my own posts is a good thing,,,But The Bosch Spectum WON on the weekend,,,,GO MARK WINTERBOTTOM,,,,,Remember that name,,,,I told you 1ST..........

Neil.

Originally posted by Duncan

Both bathurst races just require a C5 license - but you don't have to have raced a supercar before - there's a couple of BTCC drivers coming over for the Bathurst 1000 race.

I think most of the teams just prefer someone who's driven them before coz they're pretty different compared to other touring car classes.

Yes and No,,I'm wrong as well,, Duncan,,,A C2 is cool but you need 5-6 sigs on your licence in 1 year before you can run at Bathurst in a Supercar....The C3's what you actually need,,,,Marks still using his C2 with Sigs because it's cheaper at the moment and he's doing enough races to keep it updated.....Mind you to get those signatures,,,it's going to cost YOU big Money and I mean BIG money. I think leasing a FF for the weekend is about $15000 to $20000 and thats with out losing a wheel....$5000 for each.

Neil.