SAU Community

Software :)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This thread really needs to be part of the FAQ of who can perform the conversions and an update on the progress of software translation for V35 series 2 and V36.

**Sorry guys just read my post again and it may have come across rude, its a Friday afternoon :)

Edited by nezo

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my Xanavi translated to english today, thanks to Chris & Simon (& of course the Russians).

The unit wouldn't load from the disc at first but after a drive across a couple of suburbs it mysteriously shook itself into action. The disc was still in so the bumping around probably got the laser working.

The result is pretty good; much easier to use now.

However, what's interesting is that not all info is available after the translation. The reason I know this is that prior to the upgrade, I used to get a warning everytime it powered up that I had an airbag problem. See pic.

I could drill down (from memory thru the maintenance screen) and turn up more info. See other pic.

None of this shows up anymore. I was hoping to see what Nissan thought of my little problem (in English), but nevermind.

So it looks like only the main information made it thru the translation process.

Thanks again guys.

post-76144-1287222494_thumb.jpg

post-76144-1287222511_thumb.jpg

Chris: I have a 2005 V35 series 2 and I wanted to know the time line of English converison kit for my car.

Do you know when this may happen?

Hi

Chris is no longer doing the Xanavi language conversions. He decided it was not worth doing and so Chook does the conversions in Qld now.

But to answer your question, the developer believes he will have the conversion for the Series 2 V35 & M35 by the end of this year. That was the update about 3 weeks ago when I asked.

Cheers

Andy

Hi,

Just wondering can you run a Nissan Maxima or Murano or 370Z head unit on G37?

I'm assuming firmware for those model may able to allow G37's head unit to spit out English (totally speculating here as I know nothing about the software)

Cheers!

Hi,

Just wondering can you run a Nissan Maxima or Murano or 370Z head unit on G37?

I'm assuming firmware for those model may able to allow G37's head unit to spit out English (totally speculating here as I know nothing about the software)

Cheers!

I have heard that the 370Z unit works and is about $7000 new from Nissan. That was a while ago might be cheaper now like $6500 :D

I have heard that the 370Z unit works and is about $7000 new from Nissan. That was a while ago might be cheaper now like $6500 :D

I saw a 2009 NISSAN MAXIMA RADIO/ NAVIGATION UNIT going for $700USD on ebay so just wondering if I can buy the head unit and swap them over.

I saw a 2009 NISSAN MAXIMA RADIO/ NAVIGATION UNIT going for $700USD on ebay so just wondering if I can buy the head unit and swap them over.

I would also like to know