SAU Community

Gym And Supplement Discussion

avrahan

Surely not enough to make a measurable difference though, right? Similar to the claim that celery takes more energy to digest than it provides - which even if true, would be such a negligible amount it would make the claim moot.

Surely not enough to make a measurable difference though, right? Similar to the claim that celery takes more energy to digest than it provides - which even if true, would be such a negligible amount it would make the claim moot.

no it's not a measurable difference, you can burn up to an extra 60 calories I believe

Another promising property of cinnamon though is it may reduce / regulate blood sugar levels, which can lead to lowered amount of insulin which may assist in storing less food you eat as fat... but I haven't really researched any studies on this.

Another promising property of cinnamon though is it may reduce / regulate blood sugar levels, which can lead to lowered amount of insulin which may assist in storing less food you eat as fat... but I haven't really researched any studies on this.

Eating less carbohydrates will have the same effect ;)

Breakfast: 100g short cut bacon, 1 cup egg whites, 1tbs extra virgin olive oil

Lunch #1: 1.5 cup diced chicken breast, 150g steamed carrot/broccoli/cauliflower.

Lunch #2: 1.5 cup diced chicken breast, 150g steamed carrot/broccoli/beans.

Dinner: Likely steak with a side of more veggies or salad.

Snacks: skim flat white coffee(s), WPI shake w/ water, plenty of green tea.

Depending on my fat intake through the day, I may supplement with more olive oil or peanut butter to bring it up to 60-70g

Since I don't actually know, I can't really answer that question....and in all honesty, nobody here should actually answer that question since it will be speculation. I was told by members here how wrong my diet was, which makes no sense given how well it worked for me. You don't need carbohydrates at all to function efficiently, it's just abstaining entirely from them isn't advisable for long periods of time.

I feel that I get adequate nutrition from my diet to align with my current goals, which is what matters. Sure I could do with some more simple carbs before and after my workouts (emphasis on after), though I don't feel it necessary. I manage to get through my workouts without it being a huge struggle, and my recovery seems to be fine. If anything, maybe some grape juice after workout would be good but like I said - I don't feel I need it :)

What works for me won't necessarily work for others. Everyone is different, just gotta try different things and see what works best and is manageable :D

For the record I won't be keeping this up for *too* long, just long enough to get back to looking the way I did in the photo you've seen of me. Should only been a couple of weeks. After that, I'll strategically increase calories with more healthy shit so I can begin to gain muscle slowly once more....until the weather turns to shit and it starts getting cold, at which point it's all on (within reason) and I'll really start getting into it lol

I feel that I get adequate nutrition from my diet to align with my current goals, which is what matters.

What works for me won't necessarily work for others. Everyone is different, just gotta try different things and see what works best and is manageable :D

Absolutely!!!!!!! Good on you and all the best with your health and fitness goals :)

Absolutely!!!!!!! Good on you and all the best with your health and fitness goals :)

Cheers :) How're you coming along after Christmas? Fark I ate soooooo much sugary shit, swear I nearly exploded a couple of times.....thankfully I let my food settle, and then went back for more :D

Cheers :) How're you coming along after Christmas? Fark I ate soooooo much sugary shit, swear I nearly exploded a couple of times.....thankfully I let my food settle, and then went back for more :D

I was pretty good with what I ate, as I normally am. Everyone bought me chocolates though (and they all know how health conscious I am.....) and once I have chocolate in the house I just have to eat it all. :sick:

I haven't been to the gym since Sunday, I have been doing my normal running but I really need to get back into my weights program. I feel like my muscles are disappearingl. Unfortunately I have a slight neck injury at the moment, so I don't know how long until I can do weights again, I wonder if there is anything else I can do as a substitute? If I don't work out it affects me in a negative way mentally

You don't need carbohydrates at all to function efficiently, it's just abstaining entirely from them isn't advisable for long periods of time.

Your body doesn't need carbohydrates to function, but it does need them to function efficiently.

If you have to abstain from carbohydrates in your diet, then you are eating the wrong carbs.

Dare i say it again, but if you eat properly, you will never have to go on a diet.

Your body doesn't need carbohydrates to function, but it does need them to function efficiently.

If you have to abstain from carbohydrates in your diet, then you are eating the wrong carbs.

Dare i say it again, but if you eat properly, you will never have to go on a diet.

Yes and no. As much as people like to hate on it, ketogenic diets work wonders for many aspects of your physical health including energy levels - though like I said, not in the long run. From what I understand it isn't great for your brain health or some shit.

So why do we NEED carbs? Actually, scrap this topic. I don't want to start a shitstorm.

Troy I would like to give you my diet and see how it goes for you...

I'd get fat as f**k lol

You wouldn't, I burn up everything in the gym my friend. Be interesting if you gave it a go for a week or two and see if anything changes...not just for you, but to see for me if it's as good as I feel it is / can be improved somewhere.

You wouldn't, I burn up everything in the gym my friend. Be interesting if you gave it a go for a week or two and see if anything changes...not just for you, but to see for me if it's as good as I feel it is / can be improved somewhere.

You've also got a much faster metabolism than I do haha. PM me your rough diet and I promise you for the first 2 weeks out of my 'summer' diet I'll follow it absolutely and share results lol.

I have a mate on facebook trying to convince me he managed to gain ~20kg in 4 weeks, which remained and therefore was not simply water retention but "permanent" fat/muscle gain. For the record, he did not lift.

1276063741248.jpg